• Member since 2007
  • Consultant and PM

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm nowhere near being a Developer, but I'm walking thru the Visualforce pages tutorial and realize that I cannot create a custom controller.  So, I do this as it says in the tutorial:

Create a new Visualforce page, say PageMashup, with the following markup:

<apex:page controller="MyController" > 
  <apex:pageBlock title="Contacts">
  </apex:pageBlock> 
</apex:page>

The first thing you'll note when you save this page is that the system will make a Controller option available in the editor.

However, this is what I get when I hit save:

Page Editor  

ErrorError: Apex class 'MyController' does not exist 
<apex:page controller="MyController" > <apex:pageBlock title="Contacts"> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:page>
I need help on developing a validation rule to make sure that each stage of an opportunity is reached and logged in opportunity history…that a user can’t skip any stages.  I am on Professional Edition
I am very new to salesforce and not at all technical.  I am having serious trouble trying to create 2 s-controls.  The first, I would like to have some of the fields show up on an Account Plan page...like annual revenue, number of employees, website, company description, etc....

The second, I would like to only pull contacts from the account linked to the account plan who meet certain criteria.  There would be a custom field for contact role (Decision Maker, Influencer, Executive Sponsor, Vendor/Procurement Management, etc...)  I only want those contacts' names, titles, emails to appear on the account plan if they have a defined role.

I've already spent about 2 days worth of effort trying to figure this out...I don't have premier support and nothing on the help/training menu has really helped me.  I've read the cookbook, played with sample codes and I'm still on square one.  I was hoping that someone out there could help me out.

Kathy
We use very little custom objects and use the Professional Edition practically right out of the box.  How would I go about adding a field at the Account level which gives me a count of how many opportunities and events have occured related to the Account?

I am very new to Salesforce and would really appreciate your help.

Reeses498

I'm nowhere near being a Developer, but I'm walking thru the Visualforce pages tutorial and realize that I cannot create a custom controller.  So, I do this as it says in the tutorial:

Create a new Visualforce page, say PageMashup, with the following markup:

<apex:page controller="MyController" > 
  <apex:pageBlock title="Contacts">
  </apex:pageBlock> 
</apex:page>

The first thing you'll note when you save this page is that the system will make a Controller option available in the editor.

However, this is what I get when I hit save:

Page Editor  

ErrorError: Apex class 'MyController' does not exist 
<apex:page controller="MyController" > <apex:pageBlock title="Contacts"> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:page>
How do I creat a Validation Rule that affects one particular field only?  I have a Validation Rule in the Stage field of Opportunities that says my sales team cannot advance to one stage without selecting another.

The problem is...if they need to Edit another field within the Opportunity record, the validation rule kicks in.  How can I write a formula so the validation rule is only applicable for one specific field?

Please help.

Thanks,
Kim
  • August 13, 2008
I find no way to capture the actual closed date (not the Close Date field which is open to user input).   Using formulas, i can address the isClosed field.  

Possibility 1:   i could like to use something like the following but a field formula cant reference itself.  

actual_closed_date__C = if (IsClosed = False, datevalue(LastModifiedDate), PRIORVALUE ( actual_closed_date__c ) )

Possibility 2:  if i coudl find a way to force the formula to not evaluate, i can simply do this

Actual_closed_date__C = if( isClosed = True, datevalue(lastModifiedDate), null)

Desparate to capture this field value. Any help appreciated.     On professional edition so Workflow's are not an option.

Thanks.