• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a use case where when an opportunity hits a certain stage, say Pending, then tasks are created via workflow.  This works great.  But I also have a use case where if the opportunity moves to a further stage, say Closed Won, then the previous tasks are no longer necessary and I want them deleted without further action by the assignee.

Is there a way to do this out-of-the-box?  I am sure I can write an Apex trigger to do this, but it would require carnal knowledge of any workflows and I want this to be very configurable for my team in the future.  So, how can I clean up obsolete tasks?

Thanks in advance.
Hello all,
I am attempting to create an HTML typed S-Control which renders a checkbox and some javascript which disabled a text field based upon whether the checkbox is checked.  I have added the s control to my page layout for my object and it does not render when I create a new object.  If I click to view an object, the checkbox renders, but of course, the text field is now just text (read-only).  How can I get an S-Control to render when I create a new object?

This seems like a simple thing to configure but I cannot find a way to do it.  Also, I have searched the forums, but not found a good overview of the S-Controls and how to use them, aside from the oft-posted slide tutorial to do a yahoo mashup.  Something that describes that S-Controls are always rendered in an iFrame, if that is true, for example.  Is there such a document?

Here is my S-Control:
<html>
<body>
Mark as Anonymous <input type="checkbox" id="chkbox" onClick="markAsAnonymous()">

<script>
function markAsAnonymous() {
if (document.getElementById("chkbox").checked==true) { //if the checkbox is checked (true)
document.getElementById("00N70000001frD6").value = 'Anonymous';
document.getElementById("00N70000001frD6").readOnly = true;
} else { //otherwise the checkbox is not checked
document.getElementById("00N70000001frD6").value = '';
document.getElementById("00N70000001frD6").readOnly = false;
}
}
</script>
</body>
</html>

Message Edited by DDeFrance on 12-03-2007 07:58 AM

Message Edited by DDeFrance on 12-03-2007 07:59 AM
Hello all,
I am attempting to create an HTML typed S-Control which renders a checkbox and some javascript which disabled a text field based upon whether the checkbox is checked.  I have added the s control to my page layout for my object and it does not render when I create a new object.  If I click to view an object, the checkbox renders, but of course, the text field is now just text (read-only).  How can I get an S-Control to render when I create a new object?

This seems like a simple thing to configure but I cannot find a way to do it.  Also, I have searched the forums, but not found a good overview of the S-Controls and how to use them, aside from the oft-posted slide tutorial to do a yahoo mashup.  Something that describes that S-Controls are always rendered in an iFrame, if that is true, for example.  Is there such a document?

Here is my S-Control:
<html>
<body>
Mark as Anonymous <input type="checkbox" id="chkbox" onClick="markAsAnonymous()">

<script>
function markAsAnonymous() {
if (document.getElementById("chkbox").checked==true) { //if the checkbox is checked (true)
document.getElementById("00N70000001frD6").value = 'Anonymous';
document.getElementById("00N70000001frD6").readOnly = true;
} else { //otherwise the checkbox is not checked
document.getElementById("00N70000001frD6").value = '';
document.getElementById("00N70000001frD6").readOnly = false;
}
}
</script>
</body>
</html>

Message Edited by DDeFrance on 12-03-2007 07:58 AM

Message Edited by DDeFrance on 12-03-2007 07:59 AM