• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi
I am crating a cusom list button which is ugin an s-control and am adding it to the activitiy history related list on customer layout. It works fine however for some reason that causes some checkbpxes to appear next to activities which do not have any apparent value, they are just there.
does anyone know what are they?

thanks

Message Edited by Nadia on 07-01-2008 03:08 PM
  • July 01, 2008
    Hi, I have some issues with deploying a cusotom object from dev environment into test environment.
One strange thing that happens is when after I deploy the custom object, an extra standard field 'Currency' appears on it which was not thre in dev. Another thing is that when I display the deployed custom object (through custom tab), the custom fields are not getting displayed ony standard ones.
I can't figure out if this is set up somewhere in settings or is this some kind of system issue?
any help appreciated
thanks

• June 25, 2008
    Hello, could anyone answer this:
I am creating a pakage in dev environment with triggers, apex classes, s-controls, custom objects, workflow rules and Workflow field updates and then I am deploying it to our test environment using ant. Everything gets deployed except workflow rules and Workflow field updates and I do not understand why is that.

thank you

• June 24, 2008
Hi I have a requirement to disable a 'Send Email' button on the Contact object if the 'opt out' field is true. Is there a way to do that?
thanks
  • May 29, 2008
Hi,
My requirement is to create a custom button 'Schedule an Email'  that would collect info about when the user wants to send the email and would send it later at the time scpecified. After doing some reasearch, I am not sure this is at all possible. All I can think of is creating a scheduler with Apex that would run every  5 min to check for emails to be sent. But I have doubts about such solution. Could anyone give me any advice?
thank you
  • May 21, 2008
Hi, from my APEX code I need to execute a trigger when Login IP range is updated on a profile. I can not figure out how to do that, if it's at all possible. The profile sobject does not have any fields that would store IP ranges, nor can I find it in any other sobjects. Does anyone have an idea if it is possible to access profile IP ranges data from APEX?
thank you

• May 21, 2008
Hi,
I am getting the following error when I try to deploy my code from dv to test environment:
'Request timed out, check max poll and poll wait millis attributes'
does anyone know what this means?
thanks

Message Edited by Nadia on 05-15-2008 01:16 PM
  • May 15, 2008
Hi, I am trying to merge two accoutns using apex when a new account that is created matches  an existing master account by name. In after insert trigger, I call merge DML statement:  merge primaryAcc newAcc; given their names match.
When I test it, I see that a merge operation is being called and that a newly created account gets deleted after that, however  if I add some fields to a new account, I dont see them being copied to a master account during merge.
If I try to merge using 'Merge Accounts' tools from SF interface, it works fine and the fields are getting updated, but I can't get it to work with APEX. Can anyone help?
thanks!
  • April 23, 2008
Hello,
I have a trigger on update call, with one SOQL statement per trigger, although sometimes it might call another trigger (once, not recursively).  I am trying to test how large amount of data will behave, and therefore I am calling update method several times. Each time I call update, SOQL statement gets added to script execution stack, and when it reaches the limit of 21, it blows up.

We have a custom program based on Web Services API that runs every night and updates the data in SF production db. Particularly, it calls SoapBindingStub.update or SoapBindingStub.create in batches 100 records each. I do not understand how exactly it is being processed after that. Is the trigger called for each updated obejct separately? If yes, are all SOQL statements caused by these triggers get added to one script execution stack, which can not exceed 100, according to documentation? So if our Web Services app is updating in batches of 100, does it mean we can only have one SOQL statement per updated object to avoid the limit? What if we need more than one SOQL per trigger?
I find that there is no sufficient documentation on how this is processed. Could anyone clarify?
Thank you.

Message Edited by Nadia on 03-21-2008 01:58 PM
  • March 21, 2008
    Hi,  I have wrote my code following documentation to adjust it to governors and limits restrictions. After deployment we get "maximum trigger depth exceeded" exception. I am pretty sure I do not have any recursive triggers, and I can't think of anything else I can do to diminish number of DML and SQL statemetns. (I do not have them inside loops). I tried to replicate the error by creating large number of records in test, and now I get System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries: 21. I dont  know if this is what is causing "maximum trigger depth exceeded"  in production. I cant replicate the original error.
I am now wondering if it might be so that it is not possible for us, since we are updating very large sets of records at a time using API - possibly hundreds of thousands. Could it be that APEX is just not the solution with such big data sets, or am I doing something wrong?

Message Edited by Nadia on 03-20-2008 10:25 AM
  • March 19, 2008
Hi
I am crating a cusom list button which is ugin an s-control and am adding it to the activitiy history related list on customer layout. It works fine however for some reason that causes some checkbpxes to appear next to activities which do not have any apparent value, they are just there.
does anyone know what are they?

thanks

Message Edited by Nadia on 07-01-2008 03:08 PM
  • July 01, 2008
    Hi, I have some issues with deploying a cusotom object from dev environment into test environment.
One strange thing that happens is when after I deploy the custom object, an extra standard field 'Currency' appears on it which was not thre in dev. Another thing is that when I display the deployed custom object (through custom tab), the custom fields are not getting displayed ony standard ones.
I can't figure out if this is set up somewhere in settings or is this some kind of system issue?
any help appreciated
thanks

• June 25, 2008
Hi I have a requirement to disable a 'Send Email' button on the Contact object if the 'opt out' field is true. Is there a way to do that?
thanks
  • May 29, 2008
Hi,
My requirement is to create a custom button 'Schedule an Email'  that would collect info about when the user wants to send the email and would send it later at the time scpecified. After doing some reasearch, I am not sure this is at all possible. All I can think of is creating a scheduler with Apex that would run every  5 min to check for emails to be sent. But I have doubts about such solution. Could anyone give me any advice?
thank you
  • May 21, 2008
Hi,
I am getting the following error when I try to deploy my code from dv to test environment:
'Request timed out, check max poll and poll wait millis attributes'
does anyone know what this means?
thanks

Message Edited by Nadia on 05-15-2008 01:16 PM
  • May 15, 2008
Hi, I am trying to merge two accoutns using apex when a new account that is created matches  an existing master account by name. In after insert trigger, I call merge DML statement:  merge primaryAcc newAcc; given their names match.
When I test it, I see that a merge operation is being called and that a newly created account gets deleted after that, however  if I add some fields to a new account, I dont see them being copied to a master account during merge.
If I try to merge using 'Merge Accounts' tools from SF interface, it works fine and the fields are getting updated, but I can't get it to work with APEX. Can anyone help?
thanks!
  • April 23, 2008
    Hi,  I have wrote my code following documentation to adjust it to governors and limits restrictions. After deployment we get "maximum trigger depth exceeded" exception. I am pretty sure I do not have any recursive triggers, and I can't think of anything else I can do to diminish number of DML and SQL statemetns. (I do not have them inside loops). I tried to replicate the error by creating large number of records in test, and now I get System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries: 21. I dont  know if this is what is causing "maximum trigger depth exceeded"  in production. I cant replicate the original error.
I am now wondering if it might be so that it is not possible for us, since we are updating very large sets of records at a time using API - possibly hundreds of thousands. Could it be that APEX is just not the solution with such big data sets, or am I doing something wrong?

Message Edited by Nadia on 03-20-2008 10:25 AM
  • March 19, 2008
Hi,

I developed a Trigger and a test method using a sandbox org (the test method gave me 90% of code cover). After that I retrieved the trigger and test class using the ant tool. But when I  try to deploy to the "production org", I get the error:

BUILD FAILED
/home/claudio/deploy/sample/build.xml:25: Failures:

at com.salesforce.ant.DeployTask.handleResponse(DeployTask.java:88)
        at com.salesforce.ant.SFDCMDAPIAntTaskRunner.runTask(SFDCMDAPIAntTaskRunner.java:107)
        at com.salesforce.ant.DeployTask.execute(DeployTask.java:37)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)

If I try to deploy to a "developer org" it works fine.

Any help?

Thanks,

Claudio