• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I've been looking at Visualforce, it looks very very cool, I'm excited about the prospects.

I wanted to create a simple page, it seems from my limited knowledge that it would be based on the standard controller 'Account'.

But I want to have an extra section just below the Contacts related list detail, that has an input field "Contact Name" and a button that has, Create New Contact.

So that a user could type a name text string in from the Accounts page, and then click the button, and a new contact will be created for them under this account, and they will return to the accounts page.

Can I do this with the standard controller? Or do I need a controller extension off the Accounts page which has a method to create a new Contact?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan
Hi There,

I'm trying to build some new snazzy user interfaces in salesforce.com, maybe some drag and drop screens  or other nifty things.

I'm quite new at Javascript, but should be able to pick it up - can anyone advise what a good library is to start off on? I've been reading about ones like Flex, or Dojo? Does anyone know what library salesforce.com themselves use?

Any general advice would be great!

Cheers,
Ryan

(PS - I've installed Eclipse ATF with the Apex and Dojo plugins at the moment)
Hi There,

I have a question I was wondering if anyone could offer advice on.

I know salesforce.com fairly well, but am a little new to Apex.

My client wishes to run an "End of Day" type procedure which does a number of things within their system (e.g. calculates values across objects and updates a field at the account level).

Is it possible to have a workflow trigger set up to run some custom Apex code every day? Can I set the time for this, say to run at 8pm each night??

Any advice would be great!

Cheers,
Ryan
Part of this is me struggling with the syntax and the other part is me not knowing what system method to use. A decimal method, math method?

Code:
Decimal parentlistPrice = 9995.00
Decimal svcPercent = .17
Decimal discount = .88
//oli.quantity = 2.0

oli.TotalPrice = ((parentListPrice * svcPercent) * discount) * oli.Quantity;

oli.TotalPrice  will equal 2990.504 but I would like to round this to only two decimal places so the value is 2990.50

• September 05, 2008
Hi All,

I've been looking at Visualforce, it looks very very cool, I'm excited about the prospects.

I wanted to create a simple page, it seems from my limited knowledge that it would be based on the standard controller 'Account'.

But I want to have an extra section just below the Contacts related list detail, that has an input field "Contact Name" and a button that has, Create New Contact.

So that a user could type a name text string in from the Accounts page, and then click the button, and a new contact will be created for them under this account, and they will return to the accounts page.

Can I do this with the standard controller? Or do I need a controller extension off the Accounts page which has a method to create a new Contact?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan
Hi There,

I have a question I was wondering if anyone could offer advice on.

I know salesforce.com fairly well, but am a little new to Apex.

My client wishes to run an "End of Day" type procedure which does a number of things within their system (e.g. calculates values across objects and updates a field at the account level).

Is it possible to have a workflow trigger set up to run some custom Apex code every day? Can I set the time for this, say to run at 8pm each night??

Any advice would be great!

Cheers,
Ryan