• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there a way to build an s-control that display data from an excel pivot table for use in a dashboard component?

We have some revenue and sales quota data that does not currently live in Salesforce, but want it available on a dashboard for a sales team.

Any advice or direction would be excellent.

thanks,

joe

I am building a new Web2Lead form for a software demo signup on our website.  However we have some limitations that I am trying to solve in SF.

We need to offer a list of available days for the demo that the client select from.  The dates must be manageable from the back end (so we can manually change the dates available) and we need to be able to put a limit on the number of spaces available in the demo.

Has anyone built something similar using a Web2Lead form?  How did you build it?

I may have a way to manage the dates that are available internally.  However, I was thinking that I could query SF for a list how many leads are signed up for a particular day.  Then remove any dates where the contact/lead count is greater than X.

Does anyone know if this can be done with the SF API and a Web2Lead form?

Thank you for any advice or suggestions.

Message Edited by jhamlet on 10-08-2008 08:24 AM
I am trying to create a field that displays a message when an account/company was created in a specific date range.

This seems fairly trivial, but I am having trouble with the date forumla.

Case (
Date_account_was_opened__c > 01/01/2008,
"Custom Text Message", NULL
)

How would I write an expression for >, <, !=, with date fields? I can't seem to find the correct format to use.

Any ideas or advice would be grately appreciated.
  • September 15, 2008
Because of the constraints around using picklist values in formulas (ie. only CASE and ISPICKVAL are available) I found a solution which takes a picklist value and returns that value as text in another field. Or at least this is what the post claims this code is supposed to do. I can not get this thing to work however, and was wondering if the code is still valid. When I place the s-control on the page layout, it is certainly there... and when I go to s-control dependencies it shows that the s-control is dependent on the picklist field, but it does not copy the picklist value to the other custom field (which by the way I have created as a standard text field). Am I missing something? Is this code still valid?

Below is a direct copy/paste from salesforce.

This can be used for long picklists, or picklist that are often changed. It allows to bring the text value of a picklist into a custom field.

Object on which the control is applied:  "Target__c"

Name of the picklist field: "Mill_1_Style__c"

Name of the field on which we copy the value from Mill_1_Style__c: "Right__c"

S-Control:

<html>
<head>
<link href="/sCSS/8.0/1171411121000/Theme2/default/common.css" media="handheld,print,projection,screen,tty,tv" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js"></script>
<script>
var FieldLabelofFieldToUpdate = "Right";
function initPage() {
var tarx= new sforce.SObject("Target__c");
tarx.Id="{!Target__c.Id}";

newAmt= "{!Target__c.Mill_1_Style__c}"

resultGo = sforce.connection.update([tarx]);
setTDInnerHTML(newAmt);
document.body.innerHTML = "";
}
function setTDInnerHTML(val)
{
var d = window.parent.document;
var tds = d.getElementsByTagName("TD");
for(var i=0; i<tds.length; i++)
{
if(tds[i].innerHTML == FieldLabelofFieldToUpdate )
{
tds[i].nextSibling.innerHTML = val;
}
}
}
</script>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#F3F3EC" onload="initPage();">
</body>
</html>

I have advanced multi-currency enabled, aka dated exchange rates, and want to use it on a custom object. Is it possible using Apex to modify the converted currency amount shown on the Detail page of a custom object? For example, a Transaction object has a date and an amount, I would like to have the converted amount use the exchange rate available for 1/31/2007 not the default exchange rate.

Transaction Date: 1/31/2007
Amount: GBP 1000  (USD 1500)

If someone has already done this, pls. let me know.

Regards

Vivien
  • October 28, 2008
Hi There,

I need to deactivate a trigger and it's test class through Eclipse with the Force.com plugin.

If I edit the meta file and set the state to inactive and try to deploy I get the error 'Class cannot be saved inactive'.

Can anyone advise on how to do this?

TIA
I am trying to create a field that displays a message when an account/company was created in a specific date range.

This seems fairly trivial, but I am having trouble with the date forumla.

Case (
Date_account_was_opened__c > 01/01/2008,
"Custom Text Message", NULL
)

How would I write an expression for >, <, !=, with date fields? I can't seem to find the correct format to use.

Any ideas or advice would be grately appreciated.
  • September 15, 2008
I'm looking for a formula that is the equivilant of the "Opportunity Stage Duration" but I need it for "Lead Status".  We want to know the lenght of time a lead is staying at a particular lead status before it is changed to a new lead status.  This will allow us to get a better idea how long it takes for a lead to graduate to the next status before converting to an opp or being downgraded to another lead status.

thanks,
p
Hi all,

Using a partner application (Clicktools) that works through the API, I am attempting to create a new custom object and update fields within that object, from a custom form (built in Clicktools). I had set this up and it was all working fine. Now when I try to create the object Salesforce returns the following error message:

ERROR: Processing instance (Live) Loss Survey. Salesforce error: XML Parse Error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.endEntity(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.endEntity(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.endEntity(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.peekChar(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanCDATASection(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)

at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at core.email.tools.XMLHandler.parse(XMLHandler.java:159)

at core.email.tools.XMLHandler.parse(XMLHandler.java:129)

at core.email.tools.BaseTempl

Within the custom object I am updating a number of custom fields. One of these is a date field. If I remove the date field from the object, or from the custom form information I’m passing through the API, everything works as it should. Adding a new date field causes the error again.

I have a similar problem when trying to update existing account information from a custom form – used to work, now it doesn’t. Again it seems to be a custom date field that’s causing the problem.

The Salesforce account I am working on has recently been upgraded from Professional to Enterprise edition.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dear all,

Before I am using Office 2003 for salesforce connector.
But Now I have upgraded to be office 2007.
What steps do i need to make salesforce work in office 2007?
Where I can download the installation files?
What files do I need?
Does anyone know if its possible to merge Accounts via the Excel Connector ? The  functionality within SFDC is fine but quite time consuming. We've had an import that did not go too well and all contacts created a unique Account, which need to be  merged.

all thoughts welcome

I'm curious, what is the salary range for a CRM administrator who will do some custom application work (custom objects, maybe some s-controls) as well as importing contacts, deduping, creating users, etc.

Thanks,
Peter
I need a little help.  Can any one provide a custom formula that would give me a "rolling 12 month" annual revenue for and account.  Thank you.
Any idea why I might be getting the EMAIL_TO_CASE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED. According to the documentation, the limit is 2500 email cases per day. I appear to be getting this exception with email batches as small as 20. We never create more than 100 email to cases per day.

Any suggestions???
  • January 18, 2006