• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

It's hard to implement these techniques if you can't use them from all interfaces.

• February 24, 2011

It's hard to implement these techniques if you can't use them from all interfaces.

• February 24, 2011

Hello,

I am planning to do a insert of a large number of records that are inside of a CSV file. In the past we have provided the client a solution of using a Java program that reads the CSV file and makes the Insert by making use of Salesforce API.

However, now that the batch mode is available I was wondering if we can make use of it in this perticular scenario. Is there a way that we can can parse a large CSV file and insert records into Salesforce using salesforce batch mode.

Right now it appears that the batch mode can only run on records that are already inserted into Salesforce. I want the other way round, I want batch mode to be operational on records that are yet to be inserted into Salesforce. 

It some one already did this, please post the code and I guess it woud be helpfull for lot of people who are running in this issue. 

I'm trying to get a simple HelloWorld application working on my local machine using the FlexBuilder v3 Beta and the most recent SFC Flex Toolkit. I've followed the code exactly as documented in the samples found online,  various screencasts, and even in downloaded the samples. Now matter what I do, I get the following error in the login step:

[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="Security error accessing url" faultCode="Channel.Security.Error" faultDetail="Destination: DefaultHTTP"] messageId="274B3986-6992-1A79-1276-D7DF53D645C3" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

The login function I'm using is below:
    private function doLogin():void
    {
     var lr:LoginRequest = new LoginRequest();
     lr.username = "devlogin@blablabla.com";
     lr.password = "devloginpassword";
     lr.server_url = "http://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0";
     lr.callback = new AsyncResponder(loginResult, loginFault);
     conn.login(lr);
    }
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Mike
Hi I'm using the Flex toolkit for a flex application. I have everything working when i run the project locally but once i put it on a web server and try to access it from the server url, the connection to http://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0 fails. Can anyone please help me solve this please?

Thank you very much.
  • August 13, 2007
Hi,

I'm trying to use the flex toolkit.  I can run the salesforce.mxml app with no problems locally, but receive security sandbox errors when running from a server.  I can see the apex login call is finding a cross-domain.xml file, but i still receive the violation.

The domain the toolkit requests data from is: .../services/Soap/u/9.0

but the file is at  .../services/Soap/u/cross-domain.xml.

Does anyone know if it's location is an issue, or is there something else I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.  It sure seems like a great tool if I can deploy it.

Jay