• 25 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am part of a large consultancy (top 5) and am working in our Analytics business, which we are brining to market with it's own brand identity.  We plan to offer salesforce.com Dashboards, Reporting & Analytics and are actively recruiting for both perm and contractors who have the requisite skills and experience with salesforce.com.  We have a significant off-shore facility where most of the work would be done but are looking for resources to lead projects and help sell projects in NA.

If there are other boards I should be posting this to, please let me know, as I don't have a great deal of experience navigating the salesforce.com community.

Thanks in advance.
I need to have a field auto-populated by either calculation of workflow that will compare a date that is manually entered and return a date that is one month later.

Example: 3/13/2008 manually entered (Equals 2nd Thursday in March, 2008)
Auto Return: 4/10/2008 (equals 2nd Thursday in April, 2008)

I am not sure what the syntax is to Add One Month.

Can anyone help?

David
(619)719-7389
david@sandiegocrm.net
Financial calculations. Please email sandiegocrm0@gmail.com

David
Here is the scenario:

For every deal that is signed there is a commission pool of 2 to 6 people. The commissions are paid out as the money comes in each month. The customer payments from which the commission payments are made may or may not be large enough to completely pay the commission amounts in month. In that case the remainder rolls over to the next month Example:

Dealer Commission Due: 300
Customer Monthly Payment: 200
September Commission payment:200
October Commission payment: 100

And so on.

I have written a bunch of IF(AND and IF(OR formulas to automatically calculate the payments to be made (depending on funds availability, etc).

My problem is that I am bumping up against the 5000 limit for formulas. I need a way to take the value of a formula (let's say the September Commission Amount) and use that in a new formula.

So the assumption would be that I am taking the value of a field, not the formula itself into the next formula, breaking the chain of formulas and 'resetting' the 5000 character limit????

Does this make sense?

How do I do this? I tried using the Mail Merge Value {!fieldname_c} but it did not disconnect me from the formula chain.

I have several of these complex formulas to create. Using SF Professional.

Thanks for your time, you brilliant people!

David
I have a customer that needs to integrate Salesforce and a proprietary application.  He will be using SF to process leads via web and phone; when the leads are converted I need to have the lead data transferred to his other application.

I am looking for someone to do the api work for me.

Reply with your quals and rate structure.

David in San Diego

I have the need to create a formula field that returns an amount based on the following logic:

1.  There is an initial one-time payment amount.  That amount (#1) is annotated manually in a field
2.  That payment will be made on the Friday following record creation.
3.  Once that payment is made, there is a seperate payment that will be made bi-weekly. That amount (#2) is also annotated in a field
4.  I need to have the calculated field populated with the appropriate amount.  If it is before the Friday followiing the account creation, then the amount will be #1.  If the date is past the first Friday post account creattion, then the amount will be #2.

I do not think I can use the "IF" function as I believe that only returns a non-numeric. Is this something for the "CASE" function?

Help??
I am part of a large consultancy (top 5) and am working in our Analytics business, which we are brining to market with it's own brand identity.  We plan to offer salesforce.com Dashboards, Reporting & Analytics and are actively recruiting for both perm and contractors who have the requisite skills and experience with salesforce.com.  We have a significant off-shore facility where most of the work would be done but are looking for resources to lead projects and help sell projects in NA.

If there are other boards I should be posting this to, please let me know, as I don't have a great deal of experience navigating the salesforce.com community.

Thanks in advance.
Based in the Bay Area, CA, my associate and I are available to assist new and existing SFDC clients with a variety of specific needs.  Whether you are looking to set up SFDC for your company, or have a new application that you want to develop, we can help:

1. Initial Org setup, configuration and training

2. Process review and optimization

3. Custom UI and business logic implementation

4. Integrations

5. Deployment and configuration of vendor apps and add-ons

6. Data migration and clean up

7. Apex development and dev projects

All work done under contract.  Hourly and project rates available.  Revenue share preferred for new market opportunities.

References available upon request.

Please call David Greenberg @ 510-685-8788 or Max Rudman @ 415-367-3486.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/dgreenberg

http://www.ensemblecrm.com/

Thank you.
Does anyone use vmware on a Mac to successfully generate Word mail merge documents using office edition, and attach emails to Salesforce contacts from Outlook?  I would like to move to a Mac, but I want to be sure that these functions are doable.  I am leaning towards using Fusion VMware, but would consider Parallels or other as well.  Thanks in advance. 

Reg