• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Step 1 - I am trying to create a workflow where the first email sent by Case Owner sets Date field to Now.

Step 2 - The challenge is that, if Case Ownership changes, then I want the first email sent by New Case Owner to trigger an update to Date field to New Now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can execute Step 1 -- set Date field to Now on Email create if Date field is 'blank'.

So I think I should be able to re-run Step 1 (for Step 2), but in between Step 1 and Step 2 I need to reset Date field back to 'blank' when Case Ownership is changed. I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg

Hello,

I was looking at the Help step-by-step topic on this, but it seems that my Field Update formula syntax is not correct.

IF(ISCHANGED(OwnerId) ,TODAY(),Date_Time_Accepted__c)

I am trying to update a custom field 'Date/Time Accepted' with the current date/time whenever Case Ownership has changed.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

I'm trying to create a workflow rule that triggers an approval process when the value of Picklist Field X changes from Old Value 'A' or Old Value 'B' to New Value 'C'.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Message Edited by gregarious on 03-03-2010 03:55 PM
Message Edited by gregarious on 03-03-2010 03:56 PM

Step 1 - I am trying to create a workflow where the first email sent by Case Owner sets Date field to Now.

Step 2 - The challenge is that, if Case Ownership changes, then I want the first email sent by New Case Owner to trigger an update to Date field to New Now.

I can execute Step 1 -- set Date field to Now on Email create if Date field is 'blank'.

So I think I should be able to re-run Step 1 (for Step 2), but in between Step 1 and Step 2 I need to reset Date field back to 'blank' when Case Ownership is changed. I think.

Greg

Hello,

I was looking at the Help step-by-step topic on this, but it seems that my Field Update formula syntax is not correct.

IF(ISCHANGED(OwnerId) ,TODAY(),Date_Time_Accepted__c)

I am trying to update a custom field 'Date/Time Accepted' with the current date/time whenever Case Ownership has changed.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

I'm trying to create a workflow rule that triggers an approval process when the value of Picklist Field X changes from Old Value 'A' or Old Value 'B' to New Value 'C'.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Message Edited by gregarious on 03-03-2010 03:55 PM
Message Edited by gregarious on 03-03-2010 03:56 PM