• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I can't seem to figure out how to get my DataTips to render for a single Column of data in my DataGrid.  The following code renders DataTips for every column of data and not just the "lastActivity" dataField as desired.  If I pull the showDataTip="true" prop out of the DataGrid and place it under the DataGridColumn, no DataTips are rendered.  Does anyone know what the trick is to get this to work? 

PS: My dataTipFunction is working fine.

<salesforce:Connection id = "apex" />
    <mx:DataGrid id="bg" x="0" y="66" width="100%" height="50%" editable="false"
            sortableColumns="true" resize="true" doubleClickEnabled="true"
            showDataTips="true" dataTipField="lastActivity" dataTipFunction="dataTipUpdate"
            itemDoubleClick="true" itemClick="itemClickEvent(event);">

<mx:columns>
            <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Name" dataField="name"/>
            <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Company" dataField="company"/>
            <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Download Date" dataField="downloadDate"/>
            <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Product" dataField="product" sortable="false"/>
            <mx:DataGridColumn showDataTips="true" headerText="Last Activity" dataField="lastActivity"/>

</mx:columns>
    </mx:DataGrid>

Thanks!
-Paul

Hi,

I have this Apex trigger and supporting class that fires upon a Task update.  It basically looks at some of the fields and populates with default values if the fields haven't been defined (Subject, Status).  The trigger also resets the Due Date (ActivityDate) two weeks into the future to manage follow-ups with our customers (so our users don't always have to reset the date every time they want to roll the Task forward).   This is all working well.

PROBLEM: What I would really like to figure out now is how I can query the Task object to discover if there is an Opportunity out there that should be Related To the Task (when the Related To field is undefined).  I've been reading about the "WhatID" field on the Task object, but I can’t figure out how to query this field and set it if there is indeed an open Opportunity in the Task's parent Account object.  Would you happen to have an example, or any advice on how this could be accomplished?

Thanks for any help someone might be able to provide.

Kind regards

Paul

Message Edited by Paul80304 on 03-04-2008 03:18 PM

Hi,

I have been using Salesforce the app now for about three months and really like it.  I am also a application developer and to be honest, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the various development tools that have coalesced around Salesforce.  To date I have successfully leveraged the Web Services API from a local C# application we have.  That was very straightforward, etc.  Over the last several days I have been working with Apex from the new, 3.3 Eclipse + Force.com toolkit.  I now have a good example of a trigger that calls a class that updates a Lead.  I have also built the required Unit Tests for deployment into our production environment. 

Next, I was hoping to use Visual Force for some GUI development, but it’s looking like these features are not commercially available yet.  So, then I start looking at s-controls, AJAX, JavaScript and my head explodes.  My question is this…where are all these API’s going?  When should we use Apex over all the technology surrounding s-controls?  It would be soooo helpful to see an API map that shows all the various options and when to use one over another.  I’m definitely suffering from the newbie syndrome, but others have to be hitting this info overload as well.

Can someone please help me understand when to use one API over another???  Something that is current???

Thanks,

-P

Our company is looking for help with various process integration issues with DBSync and Quickbooks Accountant Edition 2007.  These are the issues:

1) Sales coming from website now come as web-to-lead, but need to come in as a "closed won" opportunity.
2) We need a way to automate recurring monthly sales.
3) When Quickbooks integration from DBSync comes in to show invoice paid we need to have it change the stage to "closed won."

We do all these things manually now.  Is there a simple way to do these things, or is a developer needed? 
Does anyone out there have experience doing these things?  If so, and you're interested in a project let us know - we'd love to talk to you!

Reply in the thread or contact Evan at Rugly (dot) com

Hi,

I have been using Salesforce the app now for about three months and really like it.  I am also a application developer and to be honest, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the various development tools that have coalesced around Salesforce.  To date I have successfully leveraged the Web Services API from a local C# application we have.  That was very straightforward, etc.  Over the last several days I have been working with Apex from the new, 3.3 Eclipse + Force.com toolkit.  I now have a good example of a trigger that calls a class that updates a Lead.  I have also built the required Unit Tests for deployment into our production environment. 

Next, I was hoping to use Visual Force for some GUI development, but it’s looking like these features are not commercially available yet.  So, then I start looking at s-controls, AJAX, JavaScript and my head explodes.  My question is this…where are all these API’s going?  When should we use Apex over all the technology surrounding s-controls?  It would be soooo helpful to see an API map that shows all the various options and when to use one over another.  I’m definitely suffering from the newbie syndrome, but others have to be hitting this info overload as well.

Can someone please help me understand when to use one API over another???  Something that is current???

Thanks,

-P

Hello all-

i am trying to write my first Apex trigger and deploy it to a production org and am missing something. I have written the Trigger to do what I want but cannot see m to figure out how to write the unit tests for this and then deploy it to an org. I have gone over the documentation all day and still am hitting my head against a wall. Wondering if anyone would be so kind as to help me understand what the unit tests for a simple script like this would look like? I would be very greatful...or at least point me in the direction of a simple hello world example?

Code:
Code:
trigger UpdateOpportunityLastActivityDate on Event (before insert, before update) {

for (Event e : Trigger.new) {

Opportunity[] opp = [select id from opportunity where id= :e.WhatId];
     opp[0].Next_Activity_Date__c = e.ActivityDate;
     update opp;

}

}

Thanks in advance for any help/direction.

The sample app salesforce.mxml compiled fine the last time I tried it (in Beta 2), but in R3.2 there is now functionality in it that won't compile for me:

[java] C:\Java\Flex\SalesforceFlexToolkit_R3.2\salesforce.mxml(453):  Error
: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: LeadLookup.
     [java]             var ll:LeadLookup = PopUpManager.createPopUp(this, LeadLookup, true) as LeadLookup;
Hi

I was able to compose a single email and send it. I created the object using the following syntax:

var single: SingleEmailMessage = new SingleEmailMessage();

I am trying to create a MassEmailMessage object but i am unable to do so in flex.

var mass: MassEmailMessage  = new MassEmailMessage();

I get the following error message:

Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: MassEmailMessage.

Regards

Rajat