• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We were considering keeping a Salesforce.com session open for extended periods of time; I'm assuming there's some kind of session expiry mechanism?  Does anyone know where to find more information on that subject?

If we were wanting to keep a session alive for long periods of time, is there a simple keepalive call of any kind that we can make and/or a diagnostic call to make sure the session's alive?  I can call one of the normal features, but if I'm going to do that, I'd like to make it a very lightweight call, relatively speaking.

Thanks,

- Geoffrey
I'd like a single query that would get me a list of cases, and if the case owner is a user, the name and username of said owner.  Is that possible in SOQL?

I started by getting a list of Cases, and traversing to Owner, but the only way to get username that way is to verify that Owner.type is 'User' and then issue a second query for the username.  There doesn't seem to be an easy way to get a list of associated users instead of Name objects.

I then moved up to User and tried to query down to Case.  The Apex developer tools indicated there were three Case relationships but simple queries didn't seem to work, so I tried a describeSObject call, which got me these three relationships (relationshipName: childSObject.field)
  null: Case.CreatedById
  null: Case.LastModifiedById
  null: Case.OwnerId

The relationship name for each of these is blank, so as far as I can tell, I can't actually use that relationship -- is there a way to use an anonymous relationship that I haven't yet discovered?

Thanks,

- Geoffrey