• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We're considering starting to use the Forecasting functionality in Salesforce. 

What I've found is that the Forecast amount is driven by the Amount field (standard field) in the Opportunity.  We are not using that field.

We have 4 revenue componants that we track for each deal.  I've created custom fields for each one, and a calculated field (called 1st Year Revenue) to sum the componants.  It is this field that we report on as our Pipeline revenue. 

When I ran my first Forecast, the "Amount" for the deals in my Pipeline was "0."

So... I either need to:
  • Somehow, update the "Amount" field with the contents of the calculated field "1st Year Revenue" each time the Opportunity is edited.
  • or, make the "Amount" field a calculated field.
  • or, drive the Forecast calculations off of the "1st Year Revenue" field I've created.

Does anyone out there have a solution or workaround for this issue?

Alan@Avid

We're considering starting to use the Forecasting functionality in Salesforce. 

What I've found is that the Forecast amount is driven by the Amount field (standard field) in the Opportunity.  We are not using that field.

We have 4 revenue componants that we track for each deal.  I've created custom fields for each one, and a calculated field (called 1st Year Revenue) to sum the componants.  It is this field that we report on as our Pipeline revenue. 

When I ran my first Forecast, the "Amount" for the deals in my Pipeline was "0."

So... I either need to:
  • Somehow, update the "Amount" field with the contents of the calculated field "1st Year Revenue" each time the Opportunity is edited.
  • or, make the "Amount" field a calculated field.
  • or, drive the Forecast calculations off of the "1st Year Revenue" field I've created.

Does anyone out there have a solution or workaround for this issue?

Alan@Avid