• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

This is Vivek Manchanda.

We have connect Flex 2 with Salesforce.com and use  Api's to retrieve data and to display that data in our Flex Application.

Now the Issue we are getting is when we have Flash 9 install in our Machine then we are able to Login properly in Salesforce.com but when we use Flash 10 in our Machine then we are not able to Login .

I think that this Problem is due to the SWC File which Salesforce provide us , It can be possible that the SWC file is got Compiled  for the Flash Player 9 and the Lower version machine that why we are getting This problem.

When I do some search on this problem the problem seem to be of CrossDomain Issue but as I know this CrossDomain is already define in the SWC file given by Salesforce.

Thanks

Vivek Manchanda

Hi

I am trying to call an S-Control through an Link from an Home page but was not a able to do that.

There is no Option available in the home tab Custom Link for Calling an S- control.

In the old version of Sales force this option was available but In this Edition we don't have this Option

Is there any other way to call an S Control on Home Page.

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda

Message Edited by Vivek Manchanda on 10-13-2008 06:24 AM
Hi All

I have made an Visual Force page which use to Run my Flex Application. Then I Call that VF Page in an Customer Portal the thing is I am not able to run any query in that Customer Portal, the Flex Application can login properly but it is not able to run any query .

Apart from this when I run this Flex application in my Salesforce instance then it is working fine.

One more thing can I pass Hard Coded Login ID and Password in this Flex Application.

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda
Hi

I am executing  Flex Application through a Visual Force page. Then I have used that Visual Force page on Customer Portal.

I am trying to retrieve records from OpportunityLineItem through my Flex Application on the Customer Portal and I am getting this Error.

(com.salesforce.results::Fault)#0
  context = (null)
  detail = (Object)#1
    InvalidSObjectFault = (Object)#2
      column = 167
      exceptionCode = "INVALID_TYPE"
      exceptionMessage = "
Registration__c,Registration__r.Id from OpportunityLineItem where PricebookEntry.product2.Family
                                        ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:167
sObject type 'OpportunityLineItem' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."
      row = 1
      xsi:type = "sf:InvalidSObjectFault"
  faultcode = "sf:INVALID_TYPE"
  faultstring = "INVALID_TYPE:
Registration__c,Registration__r.Id from OpportunityLineItem where PricebookEntry.product2.Family
                                        ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:167
sObject type 'OpportunityLineItem' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

I am using Flex Builder 2 for making the Application.I am getting the records from OpportunityLineItem through Flex when I run the Application in Salesforce instance.

Do I need to add some more parameters a part from applying Query or need to do some thing Else.

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda

Message Edited by Vivek Manchanda on 08-22-2008 07:07 AM
Hi

I am trying to retrieve records from OpportunityLineItem on the Customer Portal but was not able to do that.

Do I need some thing else apart from applying Query for displaying OpportunityLineItem , as I was not able to pass permission for doing that.

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda
   Hi All

I have created a Flex based Application which contain some Salesforce Information .

Now I need to display that Flex Application in VF Page .

I can create an S-Controls form Flex File but I don't know How to Call the Flex File(.swf File) in VF Page .

One way which I know is by making Static Resources of that .swf File and then and then call that file in VF page . but in this case I was not able to login in Salesforce through my Flex Application (.swf File).

Any one can advice me how to do that .

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda
Hi All

Can I call an S-Controls in Visual force Page ?

I have created an S-Controls and I want to call that S-Controls in my Visual force Page  .

That S-Controls cantain the Flex file .

I know little bit that I have to pass my S-Controls ID in my VF page . but how ??

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda
Hi

I have uploaded .swf file in Static Resources and then I tried to display that Static Resources file in My VisualForce page

In this way

<apex:page  showHeader="false" sidebar="false">
    <apex:composition template="composition">
        <apex:define name="pagecontent">
            <apex:form>
             <apex:flash src="{!$Resource.MyFlexFile}" width="100%" height="100%" />   
            </apex:form>
        </apex:define>
    </apex:composition>
</apex:page>

I am getting this Resources file in my page but there is a problem .

The problem is  the display of my .SWF file is only on half page and rest whole the page is blank .

Can any one advice me that for what reason .SWF file is not displaced on whole page and how can I solve this problem .

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda
Hi All

I want to login in Sand box through Flex

But the Problem is I am not able to do that  Do I have to used some thing Else .

The Codes which I am using to login are

"private function login():void
            {
                    SFCON.login( new LoginRequest({
                    server_url:this.parameters.server_url,
                    session_id:this.parameters.session_id,
                    username:'USERNAME',
                    password : 'PASSWORD',
                    callback:new AsyncResponder(query)
                })
               );
            }"

By using this codes I am not able to login .

Plz tell me some other way .

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda

Hi All

I have made a page in which I have around 2 section , first section  contains the Account Information ,Second Section contain the Contact information , I am calling this information trough Custom Controller . I have also made EDIT button on both the session so when ever I click on Edit button I get the section in edit mode ,and I am also able to save this new Information through edit mode .

by writing the "<apex:commandButton  value="Save"  />"

By only writing this code I am able to save the changes which I have made in edit mode .

Now the problem is that I am not able to do any type of VALIDATION in the text input ..For validation i am using
"<apex:inputText  id="firstName" styleClass="std"  value="{!firstName}"/>
                        <apex:outputPanel id="fnError" layout="block" style="color:red" rendered='{!IF(LEN(firstName)>0,false,true)}'>Please enter First Name</apex:outputPanel>"

Can any one Help me that how I can do that .

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda
I have made a page where I have 4 check boxs which contain  some  product  name  .  I also  have a button when ever any one select any product from all the check box and click on next  button the name of that product used to tranfer on another page .
This is the way I am getting the value in the Check box.
<apex:dataTable value="{!firstpage}" var="classesCert" id="classCert">
<apex:column>
<apex:facet name="header">Product </apex:facet>
<apex:inputCheckbox value="{!classesCert.isSelected}" selected="{!classesCert.isSelected}" id="isSelected"/>
<strong><apex:outputText value="{!classesCert.Product.Name}"/></strong>
<apex:outputText value="{!classesCert.Product.description}"/>
</apex:column>
</apex:dataTable>

On the next page I am only getting the value of the check box which I have selected .
I am getting this value through
<apex:dataTable value="{!firstpage }" var="classesCert" id="classCert" >
                               <apex:column rendered='{!IF(classesCert.IsSelected,true,false)}'>
Now the problem is I have made a edit button on another page when ever I click on that edit button i get a Visual Force Error

"Incorrect parameter for function IF(). Expected Boolean, received Object "

I am getting this Error due to " <apex:column rendered='{!IF(classesCert.IsSelected,true,false)}'> " this if condition but I don't know why . Can any one tell me some other way to get the selected check box value from one page to another page .
OR
How to solve this Problem/Error.

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda
Hi

I have made a page in Visual Force where I am calling all the information from Account using a Custom controler

Now I have also made a button to Edit all the Fields,by clicking on that button I am showing all the fields in edit mode ,but when ever I click on  button the page get refresh and i cant see all the fields in edit mode . but when I used rerender in command button it work's .

Now the Problem is:-

Why I have to use Rerender ?

While using Rerender the code which I have Used are
<apex:commandLink id="chkbox" onclick="Hidediv()" rerender="detail" value="(Edit)"/>
where in  Rerender I have used "Detail" which does not present any where in my Application .

So the Thing is Why I have to use this Rerender ?

Thanks

Vivek Manchanda 
I am trying to get the value from the Pick List  " Account Rating " in my VisualForce custom Application data like "HOT,WARM,COLD ".

I have made the Custom Controller through which I am trying to add new Account 's .

Now I want to Add new field in my Application that is Account Rating Pick List .
How to get all the filtering way of Account in our Application through API the term through ' filtering ' I mean the drop down which comes on the top when we click on Account tab , the ' VIEW Drop Down ' . I need to get all that filtering ways in my Application ,the ways like My Account, All Account ,New Last Week ,New This week Etc . I need to call this ways in my Application through which I can Show any Account details in my Application according to the Filter .
   Hi All

I have created a Flex based Application which contain some Salesforce Information .

Now I need to display that Flex Application in VF Page .

I can create an S-Controls form Flex File but I don't know How to Call the Flex File(.swf File) in VF Page .

One way which I know is by making Static Resources of that .swf File and then and then call that file in VF page . but in this case I was not able to login in Salesforce through my Flex Application (.swf File).

Any one can advice me how to do that .

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda
Hi All

I have made a page in which I have around 2 section , first section  contains the Account Information ,Second Section contain the Contact information , I am calling this information trough Custom Controller . I have also made EDIT button on both the session so when ever I click on Edit button I get the section in edit mode ,and I am also able to save this new Information through edit mode .

by writing the "<apex:commandButton  value="Save"  />"

By only writing this code I am able to save the changes which I have made in edit mode .

Now the problem is that I am not able to do any type of VALIDATION in the text input ..For validation i am using
"<apex:inputText  id="firstName" styleClass="std"  value="{!firstName}"/>
                        <apex:outputPanel id="fnError" layout="block" style="color:red" rendered='{!IF(LEN(firstName)>0,false,true)}'>Please enter First Name</apex:outputPanel>"

Can any one Help me that how I can do that .

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda
I have made a page where I have 4 check boxs which contain  some  product  name  .  I also  have a button when ever any one select any product from all the check box and click on next  button the name of that product used to tranfer on another page .
This is the way I am getting the value in the Check box.
<apex:dataTable value="{!firstpage}" var="classesCert" id="classCert">
<apex:column>
<apex:facet name="header">Product </apex:facet>
<apex:inputCheckbox value="{!classesCert.isSelected}" selected="{!classesCert.isSelected}" id="isSelected"/>
<apex:outputText value="{!classesCert.Product.description}"/>

On the next page I am only getting the value of the check box which I have selected .
I am getting this value through
<apex:dataTable value="{!firstpage }" var="classesCert" id="classCert" >
                               <apex:column rendered='{!IF(classesCert.IsSelected,true,false)}'>
Now the problem is I have made a edit button on another page when ever I click on that edit button i get a Visual Force Error

"Incorrect parameter for function IF(). Expected Boolean, received Object "

I am getting this Error due to " <apex:column rendered='{!IF(classesCert.IsSelected,true,false)}'> " this if condition but I don't know why . Can any one tell me some other way to get the selected check box value from one page to another page .
OR
How to solve this Problem/Error.

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda
I have been running into this issue a lot lately. I will create a page in the web editor and define a controller in the <apex: page> tag. It will prompt me to create a class and I do. When I then start to edit my page and save I get the following error. Sometimes this is after the first time I try to save or it may be after a few saves.

But this controller already exists and I can confirm this by looking in Setup > Develop > Classes. If I then clikc the Create Apex class 'thisController' I get this error:

This whole issue is a little difficult to replicate as it seems a little random but it is definetly there. It does not happen on my older pages/controllers, just new ones I am trying to create. It happens in both IE6 and FF. This is starting to drive me crazy so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I have also opened a case to log this issue, 01718079. Attached to the case is a video of the error.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 02-28-2008 09:05 PM
  • February 29, 2008

Hi All

I have created a VF page to add a contact without using the standard Contacts tab.

See the code below. I am able to save the contact info with no issues. But what I want is

when I select an Account in this page which is a look up I have to get the Revenue value

for the selected Account before I save the page. Is this possible in Visual Force Page?

If possible how this can be achieved?

<apex:page standardController="Contact">

<script language="JavaScript">

function showAccRevenue()

{  alert ("How to get a/c revenue");}

</script>

<apex:pageBlock>Create New Contact Quickly</apex:pageBlock>

<apex:Form>

<table>

<tr><td>First name:</td>

<td><apex:inputField value="{!Contact.FirstName}"/></td></tr>

<tr><td>Last name: </td>

<td><apex:inputField value="{!Contact.LastName}"/> </td></tr>

<tr><td>Phone: </td>

<td> <apex:inputField value="{!Contact.Phone}"/> </td></tr>

<tr><td>Account</td>

<td><apex:inputField id="txtAcc" onblur="showAccRevenue();" value="{!Contact.AccountId}"/></td></tr>

</table>

<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>

</apex:Form></apex:page>

How to get all the filtering way of Account in our Application through API the term through ' filtering ' I mean the drop down which comes on the top when we click on Account tab , the ' VIEW Drop Down ' . I need to get all that filtering ways in my Application ,the ways like My Account, All Account ,New Last Week ,New This week Etc . I need to call this ways in my Application through which I can Show any Account details in my Application according to the Filter .
I'm delighted to see that the latest release of the Flex toolkit AsyncResponder has a context parameter - I've been waiting for that!

Unfortunately, I'm getting an error when I try to use this release of the toolkit:

"An internal build error has occurred.  Please check the error log."
"unable to load SWC as3salesforce.swc"

I've checked the Eclipse library path, and re-downloaded the toolkit, but no luck.

Does this release need to be rebuilt?  Anyone else having problems with it?

Thanks,

Ron
Hello,

I am currently using a home brewed S-control.  This S-control is a flex chart that I have created.  I used the tutorial on here to learn how to call the attached .swf file in the s-control. 

However, when calling it in visualforce, it does not work. 
Can anyone give me an example of how they would do this?

Thank you.
Hi

I have a requirement to get UserName from sforce Through API.
I am unable to find the option to get UserName.

I can able to get userEmail,UserID,UserFullName using getUserInfo() function which will return GetUserInfoResult object

GetUSerInfoREsult object is not having USerName.

Please help me how can i get username ( i don't want to pass the username as a querystring parameter)

Thanks,
Mohan