• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

We are doing at my company an integration project between SF and another internal web application.

One of the requirements is that when a user in the internal system wants to change details it will update his contact in SF.

2 implementation ways came up:

1. Have him fill a web 2 case form, the case will be opened in SF and using a trigger inside SF I will update the contact details and then close the case.

2. Use a web service - and update the contact directly without the need of the case.

The case has no meaning. The only reason this issue came up is to avoid writing a web service which technically takes more development time than a trigger.

The 2 options technically will work but the Web 2 Case, logically, is not right.

I would like to hear your suggestions please.

Thanks! 

• January 26, 2009
Hello,

I want to have a workflow that suppose to work inly is the case owner is a queue.

I don't find any way to do this validation in the workflow criteria.

Does anyone have any solution?
  • January 05, 2009
Hello,

I want to see details on the usage of reports.

I know in the reports I can issue report but the only thing I see there is the Last Run field.

I want to see more: I want to see all the logs of the reports run and who issues this specific report.

Is there a way to see these details?

Thanks!
  • September 18, 2008
Hello,

I want to create a link in the account page which will open in a new window with a list of all the open opportunities of this account.

Can I do that in Visualforce?

I know I can create a list of Opportunities based on the Account ID. The question is:

1. How do I put the visualforce page on a custom link (today I can only override tabs and buttons)

2. How do I add to the code a filter to show me only the open opportunities.

Thanks for the help!

Lenny
  • September 04, 2008
Hi,

I see everyone here are already up and running with the visualforce. I am a little new to this area.

Can you tell me what did you do in order to learn the visualforce?

I saw the materials from salesforce but there are so many I don't know where to start and what order should I learn everything.

Please share from your experience...

Many thanks!
  • August 06, 2008
Hello,

I am using the Quotes appexchange and there is there Scontrol that I am trying to update that will copy details from the quote to the opportunity when copying the quote lines. From some reason it's working well with 2 text fields (Country Code and Additional Ref) but with date fields (Valid Until and presented Date) it's not working and there is an error. All the fields are customized. Here is the code, any suggestions:

Code:
function copyQuoteDetailsToOpp() 
{ 
var oppid = "{!SFDC_520_Quote__c.OpportunityId__c}"; 
var countryCode= "{!SFDC_520_Quote__c.Country_Code__c}"; 
var additionalRef = "{!SFDC_520_Quote__c.Additional_Ref__c}"; 
var presentedDate = "{!SFDC_520_Quote__c.Presented_Date__c}"; 
var validUntil = "{!SFDC_520_Quote__c.Valid_Until__c}"; 
var oppInfo = new Sforce.Dynabean("Opportunity"); 
oppInfo.set("Id", oppid ); 
oppInfo.set("Country_Code__c", countryCode); 
oppInfo.set("Quote_Additional_Ref__c", additionalRef ); 
oppInfo.set("Quote_Presented_Date__c", presentedDate ); 
oppInfo.set("Quote_Valid_Until__c", validUntil ); 
var sa = sforceClient.Update([oppInfo])[0]; 
} 

• March 03, 2008
I want to override the Save button.

I have two lookup fields in the opportunity:
1. Relationship to another opportunity which is a father deal for this opportunity
2. Account - which is the company the father opportunity and current opportunity are related to.

I want the user to fill in only the relationship to the opportunity and the account will be updated automatically when doing save from the account related to the father opportunity.

How do I do that?
  • February 25, 2008

I have office 2007, I installed the new outlook integration and I have the toolbar. Most of the features are working well (for example - the emails sync and contacts) but when I sync events I get an error: "Some errors have occurred, please review them" and instead of the button Cancel I have a button Done. I don't see any errors. It's just get stuck until I click the Done button and the window disappears, no sync is done.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

• February 10, 2008
Hi,

I see everyone here are already up and running with the visualforce. I am a little new to this area.

Can you tell me what did you do in order to learn the visualforce?

I saw the materials from salesforce but there are so many I don't know where to start and what order should I learn everything.

Please share from your experience...

Many thanks!
  • August 06, 2008
We use the excel connector as the tool for up loading our price lists into salesforce for quoting purposes.  On a couple of ocassions I have found errors in the prices and have tried to correct them in the excel connector price book and then try to re-upload them into sales force....unfortunately I have been unsuccessful.

What as happened is I try to change our Price Book Entry ID from the code assigned it by sales force to NEW
Then I try to go to "insert selected rows" in the Ad ins for excel connector

After it is done doing that I get a message stating "Insert Row failed. This price definition already exsists in price book"

There has to be a way to update a price book when errors are found or prices increase.  Does anyone know how to do this?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Thanks,
Andrew
  • February 23, 2008
Hi, I'm trying to get the count of contacts that have a certain property selected from a lookup field.

The custom field is called Conference_c in the contact object.

var queryResult = sforce.connection.query("Select count() from contact where ??????");
window.alert("{!Conference__c.Name} has" + queryResult + " attendees");

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!
  • February 22, 2008
Hi,

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with this formula?  I just want to create categories that I can group start times by in a report:

IF(TRIM(LEFT(Start_Time__c, 1)) = "7", "7 AM", "",
  IF(TRIM(LEFT(Start_Time__c, 1)) = "8", "8 AM", "",
    IF(TRIM(LEFT(Start_Time__c, 1)) = "9", "9 AM", "" )))

If I close the first statement it works correctly, but as soon as I add on I get an error.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott
Hey guys,

I have run a query in Connector on the Contract object and the field I need to update is a custom look-up. When I type in the cell in Excel & attempt to update, I get an error saying "id value of incorrect type"..

Any advice?

Cheers!
I've been using the Excel connector for quite a bit now, but now i need to connect to another database and i'm getting this error and is not letting me connect. I still can connect to my original database.

Error -> Error Generated by Request::API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner ExceptionCode : 5069

Can anyone tell me how to fix this or pint me in the right direction to solve this problem.

thanks in advance for your help.