• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a text-field, that I want to fill with the content of another text-field (MCE_Product__r.Name) and the Year and Month of column End_Date__c.

Could someone help me with the correct coding ?

Text Options
trigger Before_Insert_Special_Event on SFDC_Special_Event__c (before insert) {

for (SFDC_Special_Event__c se : Trigger.New)

{

se.Name = se.MCE_Product__r.Name;

se.Description__c = se.Workshop_Name__c;

}

}

Instead of uning Autonum, I want to structure my "Name"-field myself. Unfortunately, it doesn't work the way I code it.

I want to combine in Name, a data field and a sequence, but even filling it with an existing column doesn't work. Since the field is not filled manually, the system says : "You have to fill the Name-field". Description-field works properly.

Could someone give me a hint, to solve this problem ?

Thanks

Message Edited by rvg170550 on 05-08-2009 03:57 AM
In Contact, I have a field called Function, that consists out of a drop-down list of functions, accessed via a Lookup-function from Salesforce.

In the Function entity, I have 2 colums next to the Function, Level and Department.

Can someone advise me, how to fill these 2 values in Contact screen, after picking a Function in Contact ?

Many thanks
trigger After_Insert_On_Lead on Lead (after insert) {
Opportunity a = new Opportunity(name='Automatically created from Lead',
StageName = 'Pending',
CloseDate = date.newInstance(2008, 10, 28),
Nextstep = 'Visit');
Insert a;
}

How can I refer to the values of the inserted Lead ? For instance, I want to copy the value of the newly created Lead in an Opportunity field.

I'm still in the initial phase, and can't get Eclipse working properly.

I did the full installation, according to the documentation, but half way through the installation I get this error

eclipse22714.tmp is not a valid JAR file (error in opening zip-file).

The installation terminates, and I tried it several times again, still receiving same error message.

Could someone help me ?

Thanks
Can i make a custom field dynamically read-only or editable, depending on the value of another custum column ?

Example: I want all my custom fields, related to cancellation info, to be read-only if product_stage is not cancelled, and editable if product_stage is cancelled
In a validation trigger, I want to use only Opportunities created in 2008;

So, I want to include this condition in my validation trigger.

Problem is to find the correct coding for replacing the ISNEW() by CREATEDDATE >= '2008-01-01'

Rule NameOpportunity_CategoryActiveChecked
Error Condition FormulaAND(
OR(ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Pending."),
ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Tentative."),
ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Accepted."),
ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Signed."),
ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Refused."),
ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Cancelled."),
ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Declined."),
ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Aborted."),
ISPICKVAL(StageName,"On Hold.")),
ISPICKVAL(Opportunity_Category__c,""),
ISNEW()
)
Error MessageAs of Stage='Pending', Opportunity Category should be presentError LocationOpportunity Category
DescriptionAs of stage = 'Pending', Opportunity Category has to be present
Created ByRoger Vangoidsenoven, 12/02/2008 13:14Modified ByRoger Vangoidsenoven, 13/02/2008 10:06

In Contact, I have a field called Function, that consists out of a drop-down list of functions, accessed via a Lookup-function from Salesforce.

In the Function entity, I have 2 colums next to the Function, Level and Department.

Can someone advise me, how to fill these 2 values in Contact screen, after picking a Function in Contact ?

Many thanks
trigger After_Insert_On_Lead on Lead (after insert) {
Opportunity a = new Opportunity(name='Automatically created from Lead',
StageName = 'Pending',
CloseDate = date.newInstance(2008, 10, 28),
Nextstep = 'Visit');
Insert a;
}

How can I refer to the values of the inserted Lead ? For instance, I want to copy the value of the newly created Lead in an Opportunity field.

I'm still in the initial phase, and can't get Eclipse working properly.

I did the full installation, according to the documentation, but half way through the installation I get this error

eclipse22714.tmp is not a valid JAR file (error in opening zip-file).

The installation terminates, and I tried it several times again, still receiving same error message.

Could someone help me ?

Thanks
Can i make a custom field dynamically read-only or editable, depending on the value of another custum column ?

Example: I want all my custom fields, related to cancellation info, to be read-only if product_stage is not cancelled, and editable if product_stage is cancelled