• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Guys,

I wrote an 'after insert, after update' trigger on Opportunity, which updates a field(say, A) in Opportunity depending on the value of another field(say, B)  on Opportunity. Now when I convert a lead, the opportunity gets created but the value of A doesn't update, though the value of B is flowing from Lead itself ie B is populated but the trigger doesn't fire resulting in no population of A.

Could anyone of you help me overcome this?

Thanks 

• July 09, 2009

Hi Guys,

I am analysing the impact of something called 'critical updates' from SFDC for my organisation. It mentions that some of our triggers might be having unnecaessary recursions. They define recursion as:

"A recursion is a situation in which a part of your custom logic (such as a roll-up summary field or Apex trigger) causes Salesforce to execute the logic twice when saving a record, often resulting in undesirable behavior." 

Do you have any idea how can I verify that a trigger is having recursion? Can I monitor it?

Thanks,

S

• July 09, 2009

Hi Guys,

I am posting this trigger query here because I didn't find any discussion board for codes, so excuse me for that.

I am analysing the impact of something called 'critical updates' from SFDC for my organisation. It mentions that some of our triggers might be having unnecaessary recursions. Thay define recursion as:

"A recursion is a situation in which a part of your custom logic (such as a roll-up summary field or Apex trigger) causes Salesforce to execute the logic twice when saving a record, often resulting in undesirable behavior." 

Do you have any idea how can I verify that a trigger is having recursion? Can I monitor it?

Thanks,

• July 09, 2009
Hi folks,

I am working on a report which should give me all the opportunities which moved back in stages. There are total 5 stages in which the opportunities can be. So I am looking for opportunities which, say, were in stage 5 initially and moved to stages 4, 3, 2 or 1, or were in stage 4 initially and moved to stages 3, 2, or 1 and so on.

I am using the below filters:

1) Opportunity status equals Active
2) From Stage equals 2
3) To Stage equals 1
4) From Stage equals 3
5) To Stage equals 1, 2
6) From Stage equals 4
7) To Stage equals 1, 2, 3
8) From Stage equals 5
9) To Stage equals 1, 2, 3, 4

1 AND ((2 and 3) or (4 and 5) or (6 and 7) or (8 and 9))

Now this report never gets generated. Times out all the time. Maybe due to so many opportunities on which to put these many filters.
Can anyone pls help me optimize the performance.
  • January 19, 2009
Hi,

when I run a report, I am seeing data related to territories where I do not have a forecasting position (I shouldn't be seeing that data). The role hierarchy at the top of the report is pointing to me, so that is fine. There are no wrong filters in the report also. The strange thing is, when I click on my role in the role hierarchy again, the report is showing the correct data after reloading. Why don't I see the correct report in the first try? Pls help.
  • November 18, 2008
Hi guys,

can we use the values displayed in dashboards in Scontrols the same way we use values from other fields ,say, account name field?? If yes, how?
  • August 12, 2008
I was looking at the 30 day trial version. I made a field 'website' mandatory on account page and then I went to create a
new contact. I used the lookup for filling in the field 'Account name' and in the lookup pop up there was a 'new' button. When I tried
creating a new account through that new button, it did not show me the 'website' field as mandatory. I went ahead and created that account with the 'website' field blank. The account was actually created without this mandatory field. Can anybody help me how it happens??
  • July 22, 2008
ppl...I have this task of modifying a lot of reports with the same custom summary formula. Finding no better way I am going thru each report making the changes. Is there a better and efficient way for this??
  • February 18, 2008

Hi Guys,

I wrote an 'after insert, after update' trigger on Opportunity, which updates a field(say, A) in Opportunity depending on the value of another field(say, B)  on Opportunity. Now when I convert a lead, the opportunity gets created but the value of A doesn't update, though the value of B is flowing from Lead itself ie B is populated but the trigger doesn't fire resulting in no population of A.

Could anyone of you help me overcome this?

Thanks 

• July 09, 2009

Hi Guys,

I am analysing the impact of something called 'critical updates' from SFDC for my organisation. It mentions that some of our triggers might be having unnecaessary recursions. They define recursion as:

Thanks,

S

• July 09, 2009
ppl...I have this task of modifying a lot of reports with the same custom summary formula. Finding no better way I am going thru each report making the changes. Is there a better and efficient way for this??
  • February 18, 2008