• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm using the released Flex toolkit. When I query an object that is defined in Salefsorce as a text string, and if that string contains the letter "e" - for example "123e4567890" - then the Flex toolkit casts that string to a number since it apparently thinks that "e" is scientific notation. Often that improperly cast number is too large and becomes "Infinity."

Is there a way to force the interpration of a string with an "e" as a Flex String and not let it get improperly cast to a number?

• November 25, 2009

We have an Apex web service that calls out to a RESTful web service with the Http.send() method.

When the URL is http (i.e. non-secure http), all works great. But, if we change only the protocol to https the response is a "Bad Request" error code 400. 

The strange thing is that it works if we issue the Http.send() command a second time right after getting the failure, i.e. the Http.send() fails the first time, but succeeds if called again.

Looking at the debug log's time stamps, we can see that the failure response is coming back in 0 time, i.e. it looks like the request isn't really going out at all to the remote server.

Thanks

Message Edited by jbjb on 05-18-2009 05:18 PM
Message Edited by jbjb on 05-19-2009 09:33 AM
  • May 19, 2009

Is there a way to use Case assignment rules so that a new Case is assigned to the owner of the related Account record (if there is one)?

Thanks

• April 30, 2009

Does anyone know why the "title" attribute of the page object is ignored if the "showHeader" attribute is set to false? Is it a bug (there is apparently a related bug which eliminates style settings when "showHeader" is false...)

Is there any way to display the page title when the standard Salesforce headers are hidden? I know I can hardcode <head><title>MY TITLE</title</head>, but is that supported or will that break if there is a bug and it gets fixed?

Message Edited by jbjb on 03-17-2009 09:18 PM
  • March 18, 2009

What's the best, or most straightforward, way for a custom component to get details about the record in context in the enclosing VisualForce page? Or at least the record ID? Will the record ID always be found in the "ID" parameter of the enclosing page?

Thanks

• March 13, 2009

We last used the VF pages in question on 2/13 and they worked fine. Now, just after upgrade to Spring 09, we get an error:

"SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Child__c.Parent__r" 

(where Parent__c is a custom object, and Child__c has lookup relationship to Parent__c)

We're using a standard controller.

How can we query a "field" that's a relationship? What changed in Spring 09 that might break this now?

Message Edited by jbjb on 02-16-2009 06:03 PM
  • February 17, 2009
I'm looking at the Case Escalations --- Setup -> Administration Setup -> Monitoring -> Case Escalations --- and several cases are still sitting there, several hours *after* the "Escalate At" time. Does anyone know why they might not be escalating?

Thanks
  • January 14, 2009
Does anyone know the best way to get checkboxes in a data table-like format?

The end result should be a 'related list' like structure, but with a checkbox in the left-most column.
I've tried "apex:selectCheckboxes" but need to display more than just a label.

And I've tried "apex:pageBlockTable" with an inputCheckbox in the first column, but I don't know how to get the controller to recognize which rows were checked and which not...

Can you help?

Thanks
  • September 08, 2008
With which SFDC editions ("group", "professional", "enterprise" or "unlimited", etc.) is the Flex toolkit compatible, i.e. can users of any edition install and use an S-control which is written in Flex and which uses the SFDC Flex toolkit to make API calls to the platform?
Thanks.
  • April 18, 2008
Has anyone used RSLs (runtime shared libraries) with a Flex S-control? If so, what is a good practice? How do we name the RSLs so they can be pulled in at runtime by the SControl's "java archive"? And where should those RSLs be stored or uploaded?
Thanks.
  • March 27, 2008
Hi. I'm new to Salesforce and am trying to develop an S-Control that will be added to detail pages - i.e. account, contact and case detail pages. I would like to pass the ID of the currently-viewed object (the current Contact ID, Case ID or Account ID) to a Flash file. Is there a merge field, or some other way, to embed the current object ID in the S-Control's HTML without knowing in advance whether the object is a Contact, Case or Account?

Thanks
  • March 03, 2008
HI. I'm a novice Salesforce developer and trying to create a simple S-Control that can be installed in a detail page layout - i.e. account detail, case detail or contact detail. Is there a way (merge field?) to get the id of the object being displayed in the detail page without knowing what type of object it is?
Thanks.
  • March 03, 2008

We have an Apex web service that calls out to a RESTful web service with the Http.send() method.

When the URL is http (i.e. non-secure http), all works great. But, if we change only the protocol to https the response is a "Bad Request" error code 400. 

The strange thing is that it works if we issue the Http.send() command a second time right after getting the failure, i.e. the Http.send() fails the first time, but succeeds if called again.

Looking at the debug log's time stamps, we can see that the failure response is coming back in 0 time, i.e. it looks like the request isn't really going out at all to the remote server.

Thanks

Message Edited by jbjb on 05-18-2009 05:18 PM
Message Edited by jbjb on 05-19-2009 09:33 AM
  • May 19, 2009

Is there a way to use Case assignment rules so that a new Case is assigned to the owner of the related Account record (if there is one)?

Thanks

• April 30, 2009

We last used the VF pages in question on 2/13 and they worked fine. Now, just after upgrade to Spring 09, we get an error:

"SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Child__c.Parent__r" 

(where Parent__c is a custom object, and Child__c has lookup relationship to Parent__c)

We're using a standard controller.

How can we query a "field" that's a relationship? What changed in Spring 09 that might break this now?

Message Edited by jbjb on 02-16-2009 06:03 PM
  • February 17, 2009
I'm looking at the Case Escalations --- Setup -> Administration Setup -> Monitoring -> Case Escalations --- and several cases are still sitting there, several hours *after* the "Escalate At" time. Does anyone know why they might not be escalating?

Thanks
  • January 14, 2009
Hi,
I am apex:inputField visual force component on a Visual force page by using the StandardController and want to set the Tab Order (that should be vertically) for all the fields. I am not finding any attributes for the apex:inputField to set the Tab Order.

I tried to use the "tabindex" but did not work. The "tabindex" works for the apex:inputText but not for the apex:inputField.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance..........

Thanks,
NG
  • August 19, 2008
I am new to Salesforce development and am trying to get my mind wrapped around all of the new terms and the system structure.

I am thinking of creating an AppExchange App that will be directed primarily towards Small to Medium Sized Businesses (5-15 people). Unfortunately, it seems from the Salesforce Cookbook PDF that the Salesforce Edition these Businesses are likely to use would not include API Access.

My App will need to find an Account ID or a Contact ID from a phone number. Is it possible to do this without using the API?

If not, how can any App targeted at the SOHO market be useful?

Thanks,
Dan
With which SFDC editions ("group", "professional", "enterprise" or "unlimited", etc.) is the Flex toolkit compatible, i.e. can users of any edition install and use an S-control which is written in Flex and which uses the SFDC Flex toolkit to make API calls to the platform?
Thanks.
  • April 18, 2008
Hi...

I wanted to know does Salesforce enable user license managent, for e.g. if i want to sell a 5 user license to any customer, how would I enforce that the app is installed only 5 times and only by the said customer only???

Is there any detailed description regarding this on Apex Wiki?

Thanks in advance...

Chander
  • August 20, 2007