• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I would like to schedule a block of Apex code to run several times a day to check an external web service and make updates to Salesforce objects based on the status of the call (this will be much more efficient than triggering calls based on use actions or data triggers). Reading docs and postings here, I've not come up with a clear picture of what options / alternatives and benefits exist for this scenario (but maybe I am overlooking something obvious). What are s the best approach to iniate scheduled Apex tasks?

Thanks!
Rick
I would like to schedule a block of Apex code to run several times a day to check an external web service and make updates to Salesforce objects based on the status of the call (this will be much more efficient than triggering calls based on use actions or data triggers). Reading docs and postings here, I've not come up with a clear picture of what options / alternatives and benefits exist for this scenario (but maybe I am overlooking something obvious). What are s the best approach to iniate scheduled Apex tasks?

Thanks!
Rick