• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'd like to have a field on leads which will be a formula which does this:

Lead is created: Starts with 1, and moves sequentially up to X (lets say 17), and starts over once it hits 17.

Essentially it would be like an autonumber field, but only goes up to a specified value, and only if the record is in a certain status.

The reason for this is because the way the round robin formula is right now in Salesforce, is that you can't specify an auto number to increment based on certain criteria.

If anyone can explain why I can't use this field, I'm all ears - this is for the Lead object. Here is what it looks like in Eclipse:

IsUnreadByOwner - _boolean

Access: createable

defaulted on create

filterable

updateable

When I try to reference this field in a workflow on a lead object, I get this error:

Error: Field IsUnreadByOwner does not exist. Check spelling.

Why is this? If I try to design the workflow in Eclipse, I'm sure I'll get the same error. Is this a bug?

For some reason, when setting up a workflow that looks at a roll-up summary field on the account, it's just not working properly. Here is what I have in my formula for the workflow:

Evaluation Criteria: When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria.

Formula:

CreatedBy.A_Agent__c=true && Number_of_closed_won_opportunities__c=null

This is what the debug log returns:

Evaluating Workflow Entry Criteria:
Formula: CreatedBy.A_Agent__c=true && Number_of_closed_won_opportunities__c = null
Value(s) Found: CreatedBy.A_Agent__c=1, Number_of_closed_won_opportunities__c=null
Criteria evaluates to false

I've tried multiple variations of this, and nothing seems to work! The debug log looks exactly like my formula criteria - why won't it validate and trigger?

For some reason, when using the below trigger (which was provided in part by the salesforce developer pilot program), it will not invoke the inactive assignment rule which is called out. The only way we were able to get it to work is if we specify "after insert", which completely defeats the purpose of what this trigger is supposed to do.

Does anyone see any holes?

trigger Updatelead1 on Lead (after update) { //First get all the updated leads List<Lead> uptdLeads = new List<Lead>(); // Check Each Lead's owner, Invoke assignement rule if the owner is "00G50000000z37R" for(Lead ul : uptdLeads ){ if(ul.OwnerId == '00G50000000z37REAQ' ){ System.debug('$$$$Owner Matched'); database.DMLOptions dmo = new database.DMLOptions(); dmo.AssignmentRuleHeader.assignmentRuleID ='01Q500000006mKtEAI'; ul.setOptions(dmo); uptdLeads.add(ul); } } if(!uptdLeads.isEmpty()) Database.update(uptdLeads)

I'd like to setup a trigger for leads which fires when the owner ID equals a queue we have setup, which would then re-assign the leads based on an inactive assignment rule - is this possible?

If so, how would I go about doing this?

Does anyone know whether it is possible to associate keybindings through Javascript to allow users to perform functions in Salesforce through "hotkeys"? There is a HotKey app that Salesforce published a while back, which allows you to perform one of the "Create New" functions from the dropdown menu in the sidebar.

Here are some concepts that I'm working with in order to make Salesforce less click driven and more keystroke based:

Alt+11 = Sends a predefined email template to the lead

Alt+T   = Creates a completed activity on the record, with a predefined subject line

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Here is the dilemma - I want the stage on the opportunity to update to a status when I change the owner of an account. I've tried everything I can think of with workflow, and no success.

I've found that even if I build a round-about workflow, when you change ownership at the account level, it apparently isn't "editing" the opportunity, even though it shows you modifying it, and no workflow will trigger on the opportunity.

I've tried using "ISCHANGED" with "every time a record is created or edited", and that doesn't work either. The error says: "The ISCHANGED function cannot reference the Account.OwnerId field." It says this when I'm trying to reference that field from an opportunity based workflow.

Any suggestions? Am I missing anything?

What I'm trying to accomplish is have certain fields from our opportunities and/or accounts use an API through a visualforce page to automatically populate fields within an external web store.

From the user behavior, they navigate to an opportunity, click a custom button, and the external web store launches, with a variety of fields pre-populated with values from Salesforce.

I'm also curious if we can do the reverse as well - essentially take some of the data once the order is complete, and perform an upsert or update on the linked record with certain fields from the external web store.

I'm completely new to this, so any tips or documentation would be great!

For some reason I can't get access to this field in any way through the force.com platform - can anyone shed any light? It's almost like salesforce just doesn't want to admit it's a field.

Using firebug, here is what came up:

<input id="c_17" type="checkbox" value="UNREAD" name="c_17" checked="checked"/>
<label for="c_17">Unread By Owner</label>

It's clearly a field but any varient of "unread" in any type of formula or workflow does not work.

Anyone else bumping into the same issue?

I'm attempting to simplify basic tasks for users, and here is what I am trying to do:

3 checkbox's, and when you check the first one, it logs 2 completed activities, sends an email, and generates a new tasks (status is not started) 2 hours later.

The problem is, I want a second checkbox that does this:  close the open task that the first workflow created, and then create a new open task.

Since you can't create cross-object workflows, I'm not sure if this is even possible.  I've been trying to figure out a good solution, but I think I'm up against a brick wall here.

Can apex do something like this?

A user had a request that seemed to be pretty straight-forward, but upon doing research I can't find any way to accomplish it.

All we're looking to do is have a "Next" button that takes the user to the next record in that object that is owned by the user.

User A is in Leads, clicks next, and it goes to the next lead (alphabetically?)

Is this even possible?
I'm trying to see if I can utilize the cookbook code for the apex trigger on preventing lead duplicates, but have encountered a serious roadblock - if someone submits a web to lead form that is a duplicate and references it in our database, it completely prevents creation of that lead.

For example:

unique lead in database has email of random@google.com

same person with different company submits another web to lead form, with random@google.com - this lead is never created, and we miss out on it.

Any possible workarounds to this? Is there a way to only trigger when a user manually creates a new lead?
All,

I'm attempting to override a custom button that takes a user to an internal link - what I want to do however, is check to see if certain fields are blank or not before executing the link. What would I need to do in order to make this possible?

Rule be something like this:

If {!Primary Campaign Source} = null, do not navigate to link, instead, popup an alert box which says "This campaign is blank, blah blah etc".

Any takers?
I'd like to have the lead age custom formula field map to field in opportunities, and add that mapped lead age field with the opportunity age field for a "Total Age to Close" field.

The problem is, I can't seem to get the formula field on the leads object to map over to the opportunities object. A workflow isn't really ideal, as you have to click edit and save to get that to duplicate the value on a separate text field. Any suggestions?
Here's the problem I'm running into - I'm trying to get a custom field on the opportunities detail section to populate with the associated contact's first name. However, nothing I've tried has worked.

I've tried using contact lookup field, and referencing the contact table once that field is there, but no success. Formula fields don't work either.

Even the S-control I tried to build didn't work using {!Opportunity.Contact__r.FirstName}. It just says that the field doesn't exist.

If I create the lookup and users actually link the contact, then the custom formula fields will populate data from the Contact table - I'm trying to eliminate this manual entry.

Any suggestions?
I'm trying to figure out if there is any way to have a custom field display the number of leads associated with a particular campaign during a given month.

Ex:

Random Campaign - Leads for Jan 08: 327

So far, master / detail relationships don't work (can't have it with leads), roll up summary because of the same reason, and I haven't been able to figure out a formula to calculate the value.

Does anyone have a work around to this? It seems that Salesforce is very limited when it comes to the roll-up summaries, or information pertaining to both campaigns and leads.

I'd like to have a field on leads which will be a formula which does this:

Lead is created: Starts with 1, and moves sequentially up to X (lets say 17), and starts over once it hits 17.

Essentially it would be like an autonumber field, but only goes up to a specified value, and only if the record is in a certain status.

The reason for this is because the way the round robin formula is right now in Salesforce, is that you can't specify an auto number to increment based on certain criteria.

I am hoping I get this close enough to where you guys wont blast me for posting in the wrong place :) 

I have setup "Ideas" on our customer portal and have yet to figure out a good way to setup administration, notifications, or tracking of new ideas that our customers submit.

There are no settings for email notification or administration of the ideas page itself or for posts. All of the new features that they sold us on, like customer portal and ideas are half baked solutions from what I have seen compared to the rest of SFDC. 

It is perfect for entering ideas but how do we as a company know when the ideas are submitted? Hopefully I am missing something because my recommendation to the business as of now is to scrap ideas, open up a forum, save some money and call it a day.

I appreciate any "ideas" anyone has.. Thanks in advance

-Ryan

For some reason, when setting up a workflow that looks at a roll-up summary field on the account, it's just not working properly. Here is what I have in my formula for the workflow:

Evaluation Criteria: When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria.

Formula:

CreatedBy.A_Agent__c=true && Number_of_closed_won_opportunities__c=null

This is what the debug log returns:

Evaluating Workflow Entry Criteria:
Formula: CreatedBy.A_Agent__c=true && Number_of_closed_won_opportunities__c = null
Value(s) Found: CreatedBy.A_Agent__c=1, Number_of_closed_won_opportunities__c=null
Criteria evaluates to false

I've tried multiple variations of this, and nothing seems to work! The debug log looks exactly like my formula criteria - why won't it validate and trigger?

I'd like to setup a trigger for leads which fires when the owner ID equals a queue we have setup, which would then re-assign the leads based on an inactive assignment rule - is this possible?

If so, how would I go about doing this?

I need to send a SMS from a list of contacts in SF... The idea is: make a report with some criterias and send to all this people a SMS, and save a task in each record that says it was sended the SMS

Have anybody made something like this??

I am new to the developer force. I was a developer working on a billing product. Currently we are looking at saas domain. I need to work on integrating our pages in sales force. We are providing tabs in sales force which navigates to our portal and so user can do operations.  Here we need some help how to integrate the data between the portals.

1. Whenever a prospect customer converted to customer, information should be passed to our portal. How this can be achieved. Can any body share the approach and sample code if possible.

2. Can we access the session related information related to accounts, leads etc.,.Can we pass those as querystring to our portal. So that customer data will be automatically populated in the page instead of enterring the account number again.

I am looking forward on this.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to associate keybindings through Javascript to allow users to perform functions in Salesforce through "hotkeys"? There is a HotKey app that Salesforce published a while back, which allows you to perform one of the "Create New" functions from the dropdown menu in the sidebar.

Here are some concepts that I'm working with in order to make Salesforce less click driven and more keystroke based:

Alt+11 = Sends a predefined email template to the lead

Alt+T   = Creates a completed activity on the record, with a predefined subject line

Does anyone know if this is possible?

What I'm trying to accomplish is have certain fields from our opportunities and/or accounts use an API through a visualforce page to automatically populate fields within an external web store.

From the user behavior, they navigate to an opportunity, click a custom button, and the external web store launches, with a variety of fields pre-populated with values from Salesforce.

I'm also curious if we can do the reverse as well - essentially take some of the data once the order is complete, and perform an upsert or update on the linked record with certain fields from the external web store.

I'm completely new to this, so any tips or documentation would be great!

For some reason I can't get access to this field in any way through the force.com platform - can anyone shed any light? It's almost like salesforce just doesn't want to admit it's a field.

Using firebug, here is what came up:

<input id="c_17" type="checkbox" value="UNREAD" name="c_17" checked="checked"/>
<label for="c_17">Unread By Owner</label>

It's clearly a field but any varient of "unread" in any type of formula or workflow does not work.

Anyone else bumping into the same issue?

I am new to Salesforce.I want to buid a discussion forum like the one what we have for  Salesforce community site.I found ideas object to be nearest to the discussion board.But it does not have features like comment threading(comment on comment).And also I want to remove the feature of rating for Ideas object.Is there a way where I can clone the ideas object add extend the object to meet my needs.
  • March 19, 2009

I'm attempting to simplify basic tasks for users, and here is what I am trying to do:

3 checkbox's, and when you check the first one, it logs 2 completed activities, sends an email, and generates a new tasks (status is not started) 2 hours later.

The problem is, I want a second checkbox that does this:  close the open task that the first workflow created, and then create a new open task.

Since you can't create cross-object workflows, I'm not sure if this is even possible.  I've been trying to figure out a good solution, but I think I'm up against a brick wall here.

Can apex do something like this?

I haven't done much with custom S-Controls, so if someone is willing to provide some example code for how to do this, I'd really appreciate it.

Basically, I'm running into the issue outlined in the thread Time-Based Workflow Rules on Leads Preventing Lead Conversion --  so I want to create a button override that sets a variable (ConvertMe = true), then converts the lead as usual.

How would I do this?

I can get a custom button to convert a lead when I use this simple HTML code:

/lead/leadconvert.jsp?retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&id={!Lead.Id}

But how do I first set the variable? I've tried a number of different functions and OnClick JavaScripts I've found in these discussion boards, but haven't had any luck yet.

Any suggestions? It doesn't seem like this should be that complicated, but I'm obviously missing something. :)

Thanks!

• January 28, 2009
A user had a request that seemed to be pretty straight-forward, but upon doing research I can't find any way to accomplish it.

All we're looking to do is have a "Next" button that takes the user to the next record in that object that is owned by the user.

User A is in Leads, clicks next, and it goes to the next lead (alphabetically?)

Is this even possible?
I'm trying to see if I can utilize the cookbook code for the apex trigger on preventing lead duplicates, but have encountered a serious roadblock - if someone submits a web to lead form that is a duplicate and references it in our database, it completely prevents creation of that lead.

For example:

unique lead in database has email of random@google.com

same person with different company submits another web to lead form, with random@google.com - this lead is never created, and we miss out on it.

Any possible workarounds to this? Is there a way to only trigger when a user manually creates a new lead?