• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Actually I am trying to customize the layout of salesforce such that it focuses more on the products and campaigns. The interface should look like

Product1   Product2  Product3  Campaigns ................. (these are all tabs)

Then under each Product tab I want to display a list of all related activities, calls, meetings etc. Under campaigns tab, I want to list all the campaigns and each campaign can be related to any or all of the Products. So for example our marketing team can create a campaign say Marketing trip to Asia, where they will try and market all 3 products. They want to log in calls and activities related to the travel both to this campaign and to the product . All the other calls and tasks (not related to travel) will be logged to the related product.

Now, the question is if I am unable to relate a task/call to multiple objects, how can I show an activity that has been associated to a campaign and also to a product. For example if Mr. X is meeting Mr. Y on the trip to Asia to sell Product 1, then this event information should be shown under both Product 1 tab and under Travel to Asia campaign. How should I do this?

Dear all

I am a newbie trying to customize the behaviour of salesforce when a user clicks 'Log a call' . I have a few requirements for this page:

1. This page will only be called from a contact detail page.
2. It should show a history of all the activities with this contact previously. Ideally it should show the last few calls/events with this contact.
3. It should present an interface to the user to add a new activity. The fields populated will be Last Contacted By, Nature of Contact (Call, Meeting), Related To (product, campaign or both), comments, date of contact and isfollowup required and follow up date.
4. It should be able to relate an event to multiple objects ie a Product and a contact and a campaign and a contact.

Any ideas how can I customize the current page to do the required. If creating a visualforce page is the way to go how should I proceed? Specifically how should I relate an activity to multiple objects (4).

Many Thanks

Hassnain.

HI Guys

I am a newbie to the salesforce development platform. I have got a couple of questions, if some one can help me with them.

1. Where can I find good material to study the salesforce platform and the API?
2. On my site, I register users. Once these users are registered they are allowed to view certain php pages. Currently the users DB is at my website, but I want sales force to manage all of my users.
I started to work a bit on these requirements. All I know is I need to create an account in sales force based on the organisation name i.e. if the organisation has an account dont create one, otherwise create. Once I am done with the account creation, I need to create a self service user and send the details to the user registered on my website. Then whenever the user needs to login I need to verify his username/password from salesforce or in other words log him into salesforce. This will help me when a user wants to register a case as all I need to do is to open up salesforce register case interface and the user can log in his issue there. What should be the approach in doing this? How can the API help me? I hope this scenario makes sense.

I will be highly obliged with any help on this issue. I am using php 5.2.5 on Linux.

Dear all

I am a newbie trying to customize the behaviour of salesforce when a user clicks 'Log a call' . I have a few requirements for this page:

1. This page will only be called from a contact detail page.
2. It should show a history of all the activities with this contact previously. Ideally it should show the last few calls/events with this contact.
3. It should present an interface to the user to add a new activity. The fields populated will be Last Contacted By, Nature of Contact (Call, Meeting), Related To (product, campaign or both), comments, date of contact and isfollowup required and follow up date.
4. It should be able to relate an event to multiple objects ie a Product and a contact and a campaign and a contact.

Any ideas how can I customize the current page to do the required. If creating a visualforce page is the way to go how should I proceed? Specifically how should I relate an activity to multiple objects (4).

Many Thanks

Hassnain.