• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In the last week or so it seems like something changed in Salesforce which is causing my workflow rules to disregard the evaluation criteria that I have selected.

I have an auto-email sent out for two separate stages of an opportunity, and the evaluation criteria I have selected is "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria".

It however is ignoring this if someone changes the account that the opportunity is listed under and sending out the email.

Cause and Steps:
1. Sales person creates and saves an opportunity under the agency account that they are working directly with .
2. Their manager or I remind them that it needs to be under the client account that is working with the agency (the brand).
3. They return to their opportunity and change the account to reflect the correct account and save.
4. Salesforce sends out the auto-emails via workflow.

Expected:
The workflow evaluation criteria would avoid this being sent out again, because in most cases it has already been sent.

I can see what's happening... they are storing the criteria which is being evaluated at the Account level and so when they switch it is thinking that it's a new opportunity so it's applying my workflow... any ideas on how to get this fixed or of a workaround?

Message Edited by Jenell_L on 07-30-2008 12:57 PM
When creating a formula which sums several fields (6 custom fields, which are formulas) I get the below error.

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Compiled formula is too big to execute (5,691 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters

I understand what's happening, but I don't know how I can get around it... Any ideas? I need to sum the fields. :|

Message Edited by Jenell_L on 07-16-2008 03:31 PM
I am not finding Total Price available to me when I try to create a formula in a custom field. Anyone know why?
My company has what we call "Call Reports" it is a group of custom fields on my opportunity page which sends an email out when first filled out. The problem I have is that there are times when a subsequent "call report" needs to be sent out for the same opportunity. Right now I have them creating an additional opportunity and closing it, but that's messy on the pipeline.

So what I'm thinking is of a custom button on my opportunity, and that custom button takes me to a custom form which logs an activity.

It's essentially recreating the log a call button with different fields.

Any ideas on where i should start?
When an opportunity reaches the Proposal stage I am having Salesforce send an email, via workflow, to our planning team where the proposal will be built within our insertion order system. The problem I'm running into is that I cannot get the products summarized on the mail merge templates.

My first idea was to create custom product fields which sum the products. But nothing lets me create a field using the Product Name or Product ID.

Any ideas?

Note: I would just scrap the use of products all together and just summarize via opportunity fields. However, in the next few months we are integrating Salesforce with our insertion order system which require the use of products.
I have a checkbox on an Opportunity which in a previous save was checked. In subsequent saves I want to validate that it has not changed and only provide an error if it has.

A few possible scenarios here that I have but am not sure how to execute.

- An IFCHANGED based on the box previously being checked.
- Lock the field after it's been checked.

On another note is there a way to say, "Are You Sure" you want to change a field rather than stopping it from being changed?

I have a set of custom fields and a checkbox field. I want my custom fields to be required if the checkbox is checked. Below is the formula I came up with based on the examples... but I can't get it to work as I explained above. How should my formula look to achieve this validation rule?

AND (
  OR (
    ISNULL ( Meeting_Date__c ),
    ISNULL ( Account_Attendees_and_Title__c ),
    ISNULL ( Purpose_of_Meeting__c ),
    ISNULL ( Key_Take_Aways__c ),
    ISNULL ( UOLMG_Attendees__c ),
    ISPICKVAL ( Meeting_Type__c , "--NONE--"),
Send_Call_Report_Email__c = TRUE
))
When creating a formula which sums several fields (6 custom fields, which are formulas) I get the below error.

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Compiled formula is too big to execute (5,691 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters

I understand what's happening, but I don't know how I can get around it... Any ideas? I need to sum the fields. :|

Message Edited by Jenell_L on 07-16-2008 03:31 PM
My company has what we call "Call Reports" it is a group of custom fields on my opportunity page which sends an email out when first filled out. The problem I have is that there are times when a subsequent "call report" needs to be sent out for the same opportunity. Right now I have them creating an additional opportunity and closing it, but that's messy on the pipeline.

So what I'm thinking is of a custom button on my opportunity, and that custom button takes me to a custom form which logs an activity.

It's essentially recreating the log a call button with different fields.

Any ideas on where i should start?
I have a checkbox on an Opportunity which in a previous save was checked. In subsequent saves I want to validate that it has not changed and only provide an error if it has.

A few possible scenarios here that I have but am not sure how to execute.

- An IFCHANGED based on the box previously being checked.
- Lock the field after it's been checked.

On another note is there a way to say, "Are You Sure" you want to change a field rather than stopping it from being changed?

I have a set of custom fields and a checkbox field. I want my custom fields to be required if the checkbox is checked. Below is the formula I came up with based on the examples... but I can't get it to work as I explained above. How should my formula look to achieve this validation rule?

AND (
  OR (
    ISNULL ( Meeting_Date__c ),
    ISNULL ( Account_Attendees_and_Title__c ),
    ISNULL ( Purpose_of_Meeting__c ),
    ISNULL ( Key_Take_Aways__c ),
    ISNULL ( UOLMG_Attendees__c ),
    ISPICKVAL ( Meeting_Type__c , "--NONE--"),
Send_Call_Report_Email__c = TRUE
))

For some reason the excel connector for PE has stopped working and we desperately need some help.

First it worked great, but then it was moved. We then followed the instructions below, deleted all signs of the excel connector on the computer, restarted, re-installed the excel connecter, and did everything possible - but we can’t get the excel connector back to working.

Each time we re-install, re-add the Add-in (or replace it), and then go to re-add the sforce connector toolbar, it gives us the same error that it cannot be found and is still looking for it in the original place it was – the first time it was installed.

Is there any way to fix this?

We’ve been trying everything on the discussion board, including the instructions below from the FAQ and still cannot get it to work.

I already tried this:
Open Excel
Click Tools, Add-Ins
Uncheck the sforce_connect checkbox, click OK
Close Excel
Open Excel again, if the "sforce_connector" menu bar is still there, right click on the tool bar area of excel, uncheck the sforce Connector check box
Close Excel
Open Excel
If the bar is gone and the Add-INs list is showing the add-in as unchecked or gone then you can re-install the add-in from the new file location of the XLA, see the install instructions on the web (http://sforce.sourceforge.net/excel/index.htm)

Thanks so much!