• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I can't seem to find how to add my custom object to the drop downs for create new on the home page and console.
I see that many people have the same issue I got.
I've got an object which the external ID is a autonumber I assigned. However when I add the row it doesnt do so, and doesnt give me any error message
Lets say I have a field for relationships of ISBN code and Author with a Author number
So 3 columns
Autonumber===ISBN====Author

and I want to add these values

sobject.Name="null" //this is what I used to to with mysql
sobject.ISBN__c="1234567891234"
sobject.Author__c="Jimmy"
then upsert.
myconn.upsert("Name",[sobject],callback);

well this code doesnt work, How can we upsert values in tables with autonumber as external IDs?
i tried assigning "null", "Null" and not assigning anything, none which worked

Message Edited by MAvdi on 05-15-2008 05:29 PM
  • May 15, 2008
Hi

I need to upsert an array of objects to salesforce database from flex. here is the code im trying to do it with

Code:
var newItems:Array= new Array();
for(var i:int=0;i<PDetails.authorFeeder.items.length;i++){
//newItem=null;
newItem=new SObject("R_Author__c");
newItem.PID__c=PID.PIDText;
newItem.Author__c=PDetails.authorFeeder.items[i];
newItems.push(newItem);
}
apex.upsert("Name",[newItems], new AsyncResponder( function ():void{
Alert.show("ok seems like authors are saved");
}));

and here is the Debug Message I get

Code:
[DEBUG] com.salesforce.Util Saleforce Soap Fault: sf:INVALID_TYPE
INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'sObject' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
5/15/2008 17:18:03.569 [ERROR] com.salesforce.AsyncResponder (com.salesforce.results::Fault)#0
  context = (null)
  detail = (Object)#1
    InvalidSObjectFault = (Object)#2
      column = -1
      exceptionCode = "INVALID_TYPE"
      exceptionMessage = "sObject type 'sObject' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."
      row = -1
      xsi:type = "sf:InvalidSObjectFault"
  faultcode = "sf:INVALID_TYPE"
  faultstring = "INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'sObject' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

It seems that the API diesnt accept my array as a SOject or maybe has a problem with array of SObjects
Has anyone esle faced this problem before?
When i replay newItems with newItem in upsert it works fine...

• May 15, 2008
Hi there,
Im new to salesforce, and my company has asked me to develope a salesforce application that anyone can search throught their online publication without loging in to salesforce. that means I need to create a web application that connects to salesforce database.
I've been reading about this for 3 days now. I see flex can be used to connect to apex without any problem, however in all the examples I've seen, flex is in a s-control. My application needs to be stand alone.
Just to make my mind clear and get me going: Can I connect to Apex from flex without anything like Java to establish connection?
Thank you
  • April 14, 2008
I see that many people have the same issue I got.
I've got an object which the external ID is a autonumber I assigned. However when I add the row it doesnt do so, and doesnt give me any error message
Lets say I have a field for relationships of ISBN code and Author with a Author number
So 3 columns
Autonumber===ISBN====Author

and I want to add these values

sobject.Name="null" //this is what I used to to with mysql
sobject.ISBN__c="1234567891234"
sobject.Author__c="Jimmy"
then upsert.
myconn.upsert("Name",[sobject],callback);

well this code doesnt work, How can we upsert values in tables with autonumber as external IDs?
i tried assigning "null", "Null" and not assigning anything, none which worked

Message Edited by MAvdi on 05-15-2008 05:29 PM
  • May 15, 2008
Hi

I need to upsert an array of objects to salesforce database from flex. here is the code im trying to do it with

Code:
var newItems:Array= new Array();
for(var i:int=0;i<PDetails.authorFeeder.items.length;i++){
//newItem=null;
newItem=new SObject("R_Author__c");
newItem.PID__c=PID.PIDText;
newItem.Author__c=PDetails.authorFeeder.items[i];
newItems.push(newItem);
}
apex.upsert("Name",[newItems], new AsyncResponder( function ():void{
Alert.show("ok seems like authors are saved");
}));

and here is the Debug Message I get

Code:
[DEBUG] com.salesforce.Util Saleforce Soap Fault: sf:INVALID_TYPE
INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'sObject' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
5/15/2008 17:18:03.569 [ERROR] com.salesforce.AsyncResponder (com.salesforce.results::Fault)#0
  context = (null)
  detail = (Object)#1
    InvalidSObjectFault = (Object)#2
      column = -1
      exceptionCode = "INVALID_TYPE"
      exceptionMessage = "sObject type 'sObject' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."
      row = -1
      xsi:type = "sf:InvalidSObjectFault"
  faultcode = "sf:INVALID_TYPE"
  faultstring = "INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'sObject' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

It seems that the API diesnt accept my array as a SOject or maybe has a problem with array of SObjects
Has anyone esle faced this problem before?
When i replay newItems with newItem in upsert it works fine...

• May 15, 2008
Hi there,
Im new to salesforce, and my company has asked me to develope a salesforce application that anyone can search throught their online publication without loging in to salesforce. that means I need to create a web application that connects to salesforce database.
I've been reading about this for 3 days now. I see flex can be used to connect to apex without any problem, however in all the examples I've seen, flex is in a s-control. My application needs to be stand alone.
Just to make my mind clear and get me going: Can I connect to Apex from flex without anything like Java to establish connection?
Thank you
  • April 14, 2008
I can't seem to find how to add my custom object to the drop downs for create new on the home page and console.
Hey guys,

I know we can hide certain standard fields from page layouts. However, how can you do this for standard fields that are bold. I am trying to hide the "Time" field from the event layout but it says that this can not be removed. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian