• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello there,
I have developed a flex application that connects to salesforce and pulls out the data. I used Flex Builder, set the "as3Salesforce.swc" on the lib path and everything worked fine.

Now I wanted to integrate the flash movie that I build with an website. But for some reasons, the salesforce connection from the .swf file doesnt work out of my project folder. I am sure there is some setting issue and I think it is not able to recognize the as3Salesforce.swc.

Anyone has faced this issue ? Any help around this would be greatly appreciated.
Hello there,
I wanted to find out the max(of a list of Dates) .e.g: Select PSOD_Project__r.Name,Resource__r.Name,max(Period_Beginning__c) from Time_Sheet__c where PSOD_Project__r.Name = 'PSOD Internal'

This is not working; Any hints whether this is feasible at all in SOQL ? if so, help pls.

Thanks,
Arun B
Hello there,
I have a requirement where I need to write a where clause which needs to set the date value to '<Date>'-10 days .

For e.g: I want to query something like this:

Select Sample_Object__r.Ship_Date__c,Sample_Object__r.Transaction_Number__c,c.Quantity__c,c.Lot_Number__c from  

spl_sample_object_items__c c where   Sample_Object__r.Ship_Date__c>= 2008-04-01 - (10) and Sample_Object__r.Ship_Date__c <= 2008-10-18 + (10)

Any function available in SOQL or do I need to write a logic for this on the client side . Any hints would be truly appreciated !

Thanks,
Arun B
Hello there,
I am quite new to Apex coding .. I got stuck while using some SOQL queries: Here is one:

Select s2.Product__c from spl_sample_object_items__c s2 where s2.Sample_Object__r.Name  in (Select Name from spl_sample_objects__c where Audit_Date__c  >=  2008-04-03 and Audit_Date__c  <= 2008-06-04)

spl_sample_objects__c -> master object
spl_sample_object_items__c - > detail object

The SOQL compiler is unable to understand the select statement in my subquery in where clause. I am unable to figure out the issue here. Is this query not feasible in SOQL ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Arun B
Hello there,
Any idea whether Visual Force can be ported to enterprise org ? or which all org will have Visual Force feature ?

Thanks,
Arun B
Hello there,
I wanted to retrieve the createdDate field of an object in the yyyy-MM-dd format using SOQL : I don't want the timestamp and the timezone information. Can someone help me here ?

My current query:
Select CreatedDate,Requested_Role__c,Status__c,Start_Date__c,Description__c from Resource_Assignment__c where Related_Account__c='0014000000HrC0RAAV' and PSOD_Project__c = 'SSP Resource Request'

Thanks,
Arun B
Hello there,
I have a requirement where I need to encrypt/decrypt some data stored on the salesforce.com custom objects .. i.e., I need to encrypt some information, store them in a custom object, and then when needed , I need to query the encrypted information and decrypt it.

Does any force.com API allows me to do this ? or any other way I can achieve this encryption for my data ? I am currently using Flex toolkit for force.com for my project,

I would appreciate any response.

Thanks,
Arun B

Hello there,
I have a requirement to create a salesforce lead from a flex application using the flex apex tool kit (i.e., lead enters the details on a flex form, and the same is created in SFDC at the background). Is there a way I can do this like any typical JSP or ASP web2lead where we post the form ? Any hints would be helpful !

Thanks,
Arun B
Hello there,
I would like to know if there is a way to disable the standard home tab that appears when a user logs in. If not, is there is a way to remove 'Calendar' & 'My Task' components from the home tab ? I have heard this is possible only if we develop our own custom pages using Visual Force, but is here a work around without using Visual Force.

Thanks & I would appreciate your help here.

Regards,
A B
Hello there,
I have a requirement to display data based on the role. For example, a user id belonging to Role X can see only data pertaining to Role X upon logging on to the salesforce.com org through the frontdoor.jsp;

How can I specify the user role while accessing the front door.jsp from an external website and also accomplish this requirements ? Any pointers around this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Arun B
  • April 30, 2008
Hello there,
I am developing a application for my company using flex and salesforce.com technologies. I have the below requirement: I need to be able to authenticate the user(sales force login id) from my website (developed using MXML and action scripts) and upon successful authentication, I should redirect them to my salesforce.com org home page (i.e., to the home tab and not to the login.salesforce.com page). If anyone has inputs or pointers on how to do this, can you pls share that with me ?

Thanks,
A B 
  • April 29, 2008
Hello there,
I have developed a flex application that connects to salesforce and pulls out the data. I used Flex Builder, set the "as3Salesforce.swc" on the lib path and everything worked fine.

Now I wanted to integrate the flash movie that I build with an website. But for some reasons, the salesforce connection from the .swf file doesnt work out of my project folder. I am sure there is some setting issue and I think it is not able to recognize the as3Salesforce.swc.

Anyone has faced this issue ? Any help around this would be greatly appreciated.
Hello there,
I wanted to find out the max(of a list of Dates) .e.g: Select PSOD_Project__r.Name,Resource__r.Name,max(Period_Beginning__c) from Time_Sheet__c where PSOD_Project__r.Name = 'PSOD Internal'

This is not working; Any hints whether this is feasible at all in SOQL ? if so, help pls.

Thanks,
Arun B
Hello there,
I have a requirement where I need to write a where clause which needs to set the date value to '<Date>'-10 days .

For e.g: I want to query something like this:

Select Sample_Object__r.Ship_Date__c,Sample_Object__r.Transaction_Number__c,c.Quantity__c,c.Lot_Number__c from  

spl_sample_object_items__c c where   Sample_Object__r.Ship_Date__c>= 2008-04-01 - (10) and Sample_Object__r.Ship_Date__c <= 2008-10-18 + (10)

Any function available in SOQL or do I need to write a logic for this on the client side . Any hints would be truly appreciated !

Thanks,
Arun B
Hello there,
I am quite new to Apex coding .. I got stuck while using some SOQL queries: Here is one:

Select s2.Product__c from spl_sample_object_items__c s2 where s2.Sample_Object__r.Name  in (Select Name from spl_sample_objects__c where Audit_Date__c  >=  2008-04-03 and Audit_Date__c  <= 2008-06-04)

spl_sample_objects__c -> master object
spl_sample_object_items__c - > detail object

The SOQL compiler is unable to understand the select statement in my subquery in where clause. I am unable to figure out the issue here. Is this query not feasible in SOQL ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Arun B
Hello there,
I have a requirement to create a salesforce lead from a flex application using the flex apex tool kit (i.e., lead enters the details on a flex form, and the same is created in SFDC at the background). Is there a way I can do this like any typical JSP or ASP web2lead where we post the form ? Any hints would be helpful !

Thanks,
Arun B
Hello there,
I would like to know if there is a way to disable the standard home tab that appears when a user logs in. If not, is there is a way to remove 'Calendar' & 'My Task' components from the home tab ? I have heard this is possible only if we develop our own custom pages using Visual Force, but is here a work around without using Visual Force.

Thanks & I would appreciate your help here.

Regards,
A B
Hello there,
I have a requirement to display data based on the role. For example, a user id belonging to Role X can see only data pertaining to Role X upon logging on to the salesforce.com org through the frontdoor.jsp;

How can I specify the user role while accessing the front door.jsp from an external website and also accomplish this requirements ? Any pointers around this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Arun B
  • April 30, 2008
Hello there,
I am developing a application for my company using flex and salesforce.com technologies. I have the below requirement: I need to be able to authenticate the user(sales force login id) from my website (developed using MXML and action scripts) and upon successful authentication, I should redirect them to my salesforce.com org home page (i.e., to the home tab and not to the login.salesforce.com page). If anyone has inputs or pointers on how to do this, can you pls share that with me ?

Thanks,
A B 
  • April 29, 2008
Hi there,
Im new to salesforce, and my company has asked me to develope a salesforce application that anyone can search throught their online publication without loging in to salesforce. that means I need to create a web application that connects to salesforce database.
I've been reading about this for 3 days now. I see flex can be used to connect to apex without any problem, however in all the examples I've seen, flex is in a s-control. My application needs to be stand alone.
Just to make my mind clear and get me going: Can I connect to Apex from flex without anything like Java to establish connection?
Thank you
  • April 14, 2008
Downloading and running the latest sample code using as3salesforce.swc I get the following error when logging in (I have obscured my username and password below)...

Login failed:
(com.salesforce.events::ApexFaultEvent)#0
  bubbles = false
  cancelable = true
  context = (null)
  currentTarget = (null)
  eventPhase = 2
  fault = (mx.rpc::Fault)#1
    errorID = 0
    faultCode = "Server.Error.Request"
    faultDetail = "Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]. URL: https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.0"
    faultString = "HTTP request error"
    message = "faultCode:Server.Error.Request faultString:'HTTP request error' faultDetail:'Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]. URL: https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.0'"
    name = "Error"
    rootCause = (flash.events::IOErrorEvent)#2
      bubbles = false
      cancelable = false
      currentTarget = (flash.net::URLLoader)#3
        bytesLoaded = 0
        bytesTotal = 0
        data = (null)
        dataFormat = "text"
      eventPhase = 2
      target = (flash.net::URLLoader)#3
      text = "Error #2032"
      type = "ioError"
  message = (mx.messaging.messages::ErrorMessage)#4
    body = (Object)#5
    clientId = "DirectHTTPChannel0"
    correlationId = "62A2E11E-D3C1-3091-D22B-10D45BCBB415"
    destination = ""
    extendedData = (null)
    faultCode = "Server.Error.Request"
    faultDetail = "Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]. URL: https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.0"
    faultString = "HTTP request error"
    headers = (Object)#6
    messageId = "4837C6BD-A819-0A93-BEAB-10D4619844CC"
    rootCause = (flash.events::IOErrorEvent)#2
    timestamp = 0
    timeToLive = 0
  messageId = "4837C6BD-A819-0A93-BEAB-10D4619844CC"
  target = (null)
  token = (mx.rpc::AsyncToken)#7
    message = (mx.messaging.messages::HTTPRequestMessage)#8
      body = "<se:Envelope xmlns:se="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><se:Header xmlns:sfns="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com"/><se:Body><login xmlns="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:ns1="sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com"><username>XXXXX</username><password>XXXX</password></login></se:Body></se:Envelope>"
      clientId = (null)
      contentType = "text/xml; charset=UTF-8"
      destination = "DefaultHTTP"
      headers = (Object)#9
        DSEndpoint = "direct_http_channel"
      httpHeaders = (Object)#10
        Accept = "text/xml"
        SOAPAction = """"
        X-Salesforce-No-500-SC = "true"
      messageId = "62A2E11E-D3C1-3091-D22B-10D45BCBB415"
      method = "POST"
      recordHeaders = false
      timestamp = 0
      timeToLive = 0
      url = "https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.0"
    responders = (Array)#11
      [0] (::SalesForceResponder)#12
    result = (null)
  type = "fault"

I followed the instructions and am running my flex app locally under a JBoss server rather than embedding into Salesforce.com as an scontrol.  My username and password are the same ones I use to log in to my developer account so I know they are correct.

Anyone have any idea why?  I am stalled behind ths problem.

Thanks