• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am using the declarative approach for creating the custom Objects in force.com through Metadata API's. Am facing an unique problem, In declarative approach entire object details will be in an XML file and we need to create a "Zip" package and pass this Zip Package file as input to "Deploy()" method. creation of Zip file can be done in 2 ways,

1. by using the "WinZip" tool.

2. Programmatically by using "Java.util.Zip" package.

If the zip file is created manually using the WinZip tool and if that file is passed as input parm to "Deploy()" method then object creation is successful. if we pass in the Zip file that is created programmatically to "Deploy()" method, method returns true which indicates that operation is successful, but custom objects are not getting created on the force.com.

There is no way to check if the web service method "Deploy()" has successfully processed the request or not. Any thoughts/solutions for this problem.

Regards

Sara

Hi,
I have couple of JSP Pages and I want to migrate it into force.com as custom Objects. Are there any tool or adapters available for this migration.

Regards
Saravanan

Hi,

I wanted to create a customobject programmatically, so I thought of using Metadata API. I downloaded the Metadata API WSDL and added web reference to the WSDL in my C# application. I was able to construct the customObject with all the values , but not able to figure out the right method for pushing the customObject to the SF. I read the API manual and it says to use "Create()" method and I can see an sample Java code as well, but I am unable to locate this "Create()" method in the proxy class generated by visual studio. Anyone faced this kind of issue or does anyone knows any alternative solution for this Issue.

Regards

Sara

(.NET ASP C# 1.1) I get the following error when using the quote symbol ' in the WHERE clause

Error: Query Company by name: MALFORMED_QUERY:

from Lead where Company = 'D.G.O'Dell, Inc.'

ERROR at Row:1:Column:44

unexpected token: Dell

I've tried to replace ' with \' before I build the query but I keep getting the same error. The replace doesn't work.

Please let me know if you already solved this problem. I keep googling this but I cannot find anything. I think it should be very simple.

Thanks,

Yesenia

Hi,

I am using the declarative approach for creating the custom Objects in force.com through Metadata API's. Am facing an unique problem, In declarative approach entire object details will be in an XML file and we need to create a "Zip" package and pass this Zip Package file as input to "Deploy()" method. creation of Zip file can be done in 2 ways,

1. by using the "WinZip" tool.

2. Programmatically by using "Java.util.Zip" package.

If the zip file is created manually using the WinZip tool and if that file is passed as input parm to "Deploy()" method then object creation is successful. if we pass in the Zip file that is created programmatically to "Deploy()" method, method returns true which indicates that operation is successful, but custom objects are not getting created on the force.com.

There is no way to check if the web service method "Deploy()" has successfully processed the request or not. Any thoughts/solutions for this problem.

Regards

Sara

Hi,
I have couple of JSP Pages and I want to migrate it into force.com as custom Objects. Are there any tool or adapters available for this migration.

Regards
Saravanan
I've read the artical regarding this issue and I have some questions:
1. How can I enable sso?
2. I've got a standard 30 days trail account for SalesForce.com. Do I need a developer account also?
3. For what do I need the wsdl file?
  • May 14, 2008
Hi,

I am new to sales force I have read the documentation and all that stuff but now I have some questions :

1>  What is the way for interfacing .NET application with Sales force.??
         Like I want to have some prebuilt application in .NET and I want to port it to Sales force

2>  Can we access data outside from sales force ??If yes then how??

I want to access data say from excel file or may be access,oracle or be it any database outside.So is there any way to access that data programatically using force.com

Any hits would be appreciated,

Thanks in Advance,
KHILADI

Hi,

I wanted to create a customobject programmatically, so I thought of using Metadata API. I downloaded the Metadata API WSDL and added web reference to the WSDL in my C# application. I was able to construct the customObject with all the values , but not able to figure out the right method for pushing the customObject to the SF. I read the API manual and it says to use "Create()" method and I can see an sample Java code as well, but I am unable to locate this "Create()" method in the proxy class generated by visual studio. Anyone faced this kind of issue or does anyone knows any alternative solution for this Issue.

Regards

Sara