• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Everyone!..

I’m pretty new to SalesForce, soI hope you can help…

I have a trigger which is fired off by an insert into an object (this data is inserted through an API call by an external web app).

The inserted data is XML, which after parsing returns a SalesForce UserId of a particular user (among other peaces of data). Depending on the received data numerous actions occur, but the last step is inserting a Task record (as if that user has created this Task through UI).

Here’s my problem: I need to insert a Task record by assigning a Default RecordType to be what is defined in the users Profile for a Task.

In other words, I need to (somehow) get a Task Default RecordTypeId for a particular User (whose User.Id is known).

Intuitively, I feel this should not be tough to accomplish (as I’m definitely not the first who is inserting a Task for a known user), but being fairly new to SalesForce I can not figure out how to make a connection between a User.Id and the location where a Task Default RecordType for a Profile is stored...

Any ideas guys?..

Thanks!

-Alex

• December 11, 2008

Hi Everyone!..

I’m pretty new to SalesForce, soI hope you can help…

I have a trigger which is fired off by an insert into an object (this data is inserted through an API call by an external web app).

The inserted data is XML, which after parsing returns a SalesForce UserId of a particular user (among other peaces of data). Depending on the received data numerous actions occur, but the last step is inserting a Task record (as if that user has created this Task through UI).

Here’s my problem: I need to insert a Task record by assigning a Default RecordType to be what is defined in the users Profile for a Task.

In other words, I need to (somehow) get a Task Default RecordTypeId for a particular User (whose User.Id is known).

Intuitively, I feel this should not be tough to accomplish (as I’m definitely not the first who is inserting a Task for a known user), but being fairly new to SalesForce I can not figure out how to make a connection between a User.Id and the location where a Task Default RecordType for a Profile is stored...

Any ideas guys?..

Thanks!

-Alex

• December 11, 2008