• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to be able to lock down the due date on assigned tasks so that the assignee cannot change it without permission from the user assigning the task.

Since the Spring 09 update we have been experiencing a large number of duplicate tasks (sometimes 3-4 for the same task).  We synch between Outlook 2003 and SF on tasks and events (Synchronize with Salesforce/"Notify me when conflicts occur") .  We have been using SF for a couple of years with successful synching.  Is anyone aware of a solution to this extremely frustrating problem?

In addition, we are now also receiving unresolvable conflicts.  I check SF values, but the same conflicts recur with the next synch.  Description for each of these is “This record has no conflicts or errors.  Invalid record id”.   

Is there a way to auto-populate a contact field with an entity value?  I'd like to filter my contact list by existing clients, but that designation is at the entity level.  I could create a new field under contacts, but would like for it to obtain it's value from the entity record.
I need to be able to lock down the due date on assigned tasks so that the assignee cannot change it without permission from the user assigning the task.

I added a custom lookup field to the Lead object that references
Account. When I use the query wizard in the connector it does not show
up in the column list. It shows up fine in the UI and in a call to
DescribeSObject. Another simple Text field I added shows up just fine
in the connector.
The same issue occurs in the import wizard. My lookup field does not
show up in the custom field section of the mapping page but the other
field does. This makes me think I've hit some limitation, but I
haven't found an explanation anywhere yet.