• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I'm a Salesforce newbie and had a question. I am trying to run a report to show the MOST RECENT campaign associated with a lead. For instance, if a lead received campaign A, B and C (in that order) I would like to run a report to show that the lead received C. The out of the box reports show ALL campaigns, regardless of recency.

From what I can tell, the out of the box reports can't display the data the way I want. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might go about getting this data?

I'm thinking, when a campaign is added to a lead record, of updating a lead field called "Most recent campaign" and running a report off that. Am I overthinking this? And if this is the best way, would Apex code be the way to do this?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Patricia
Hello, I am trying to figure out how to report on a lead's MOST RECENT campaign. I know that the out of the box reports show ALL campaigns associated with a lead, but we would like to look at all leads and see where marketing last touched the customer. It looks like the reports can only show all campaigns for any given lead, so I'm trying to figure out a way to grab all lead's most recent campaign. Anyone ever done this either as an additional field (on the lead? or on campaign history?) or actually written a report to gather this information (custom formula field on reports?) Thanks so much for any suggestions. P

Message Edited by patricialim on 05-19-2008 03:32 PM