• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to get the session id from my custom controller... this is the same value that can be had by using the merge field {!API.Session_ID} from a button, link, etc. Same thing for {!API.Partner_Server_URL_80}.

Thanks!
  • July 31, 2008
I can't get the selected value for a selectList back in my controller after the form is submitted. Here is the page code:

Code:
      <apex:selectList value="{!selectedId}" multiselect="false" size="10">
        <apex:selectOptions value="{!mySelectOptions}"/>
      </apex:selectList>

I have the get/set methods for my selectedId. Is there some trick involved with getting this value passed to the controller? It's really frustrating trying to get the most straightforward things working in this system...
  • July 21, 2008
I'm dealing with a tricky issue and not sure how to proceed. Hopefully someone can help.

What I want to do is have interface elements (let's talk about buttons for the sake of this discussion) that display or not display based on some condition. For example, imagine a list of Leads, and after each Lead there is a button or buttons that only display for Leads with certain properties (e.g. current user is owner).

Also, I want to selectively apply styles to certain fields in a list depending on conditions (i.e. highlight some fields in a table in red text if they match a field in another object).

How can I accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • July 03, 2008
I was able to add mutiple approvers for a step in an approval process in my sandbox, but when I went to production, that functionality is now gone. What's up with that? What is the replacement functionality? The "actual approver" field is still shown in the history, so I'm perplexed as to what's going on.

I tried setting the delegated approver on the user, and I enabled the checkbox to allow delegates to approve. Unfortunately, the delegates are not getting the approval notification emails so it's not very useful. So much for Plan B.

How can I get mutiple approvers for a single step now and guarantee that they all get the email notification?
  • June 02, 2008

There are a couple things I need to understand about this limit, and I can't find the answers anywere.

1. Do workflow Outbound Messages count against the daily mass email limit, or does it only apply to messages sent to leads/contacts?

2. What happens to emails sent after the initial 500? Are they dropped or queued until the next day?

• May 19, 2008
I'd like to be able to dynamically generate buttons on my Visualforce page. Once the user has clicked on one of the buttons, I'd like to redirect the user to a second page and display different information on that page depending on which button the user clicked on. I've poked through a number of posts on these boards and can't quite figure out how to accomplish this. These these posts seem close, but the solutions described require a 'reRender', which I don't want to deal with for reasons irrelevant to this discussion:

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&message.id=1000  http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&message.id=1000

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&thread.id=810

Here's a picture of what I'm trying to accomplish:

Here's my VF page:
Code:
<apex:page controller="SimpleRepeatController"> 
  <apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock mode="edit" >
        Lorem Ipsum
        <apex:pageBlockButtons >
            <apex:repeat value="{!Users}" var="user" id="repeat">
                 <apex:commandButton action="{!NextPage}" id="cmdBtn" value="Select '{!user.Name}'">
                      <apex:param value="{!user.Id}" name="UserId"/>
                 </apex:commandButton>
            </apex:repeat>
        </apex:pageBlockButtons> 
    </apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Here's my controller:
Code:
public class SimpleRepeatController 
{
 public List<User> Users
 {
     get
     {  
      return [SELECT Id, Name
                       FROM User
                       WHERE Name != 'License Manager'
                       AND IsActive = true
                       ORDER BY LastName];
    }
 }

public PageReference NextPage()
    {
     PageReference selectedUserResults = Page.SelectedUserResults;
     selectedUserResults.setRedirect(true);
     return selectedUserResults;
    }
}

Here's my second VF page:
Code:
<apex:page controller="SimpleRepeatController">
    Selected User: "{!$CurrentPage.parameters.UserId}"
</apex:page>

Unfortunately, the results are always:      

Selected User: ""

Is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks in advance!
I'm dealing with a tricky issue and not sure how to proceed. Hopefully someone can help.

What I want to do is have interface elements (let's talk about buttons for the sake of this discussion) that display or not display based on some condition. For example, imagine a list of Leads, and after each Lead there is a button or buttons that only display for Leads with certain properties (e.g. current user is owner).

Also, I want to selectively apply styles to certain fields in a list depending on conditions (i.e. highlight some fields in a table in red text if they match a field in another object).

How can I accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • July 03, 2008
I was able to add mutiple approvers for a step in an approval process in my sandbox, but when I went to production, that functionality is now gone. What's up with that? What is the replacement functionality? The "actual approver" field is still shown in the history, so I'm perplexed as to what's going on.

I tried setting the delegated approver on the user, and I enabled the checkbox to allow delegates to approve. Unfortunately, the delegates are not getting the approval notification emails so it's not very useful. So much for Plan B.

How can I get mutiple approvers for a single step now and guarantee that they all get the email notification?
  • June 02, 2008

There are a couple things I need to understand about this limit, and I can't find the answers anywere.

1. Do workflow Outbound Messages count against the daily mass email limit, or does it only apply to messages sent to leads/contacts?

2. What happens to emails sent after the initial 500? Are they dropped or queued until the next day?

• May 19, 2008
The user is requesting a feature in which an email is automatically sent to an address when a date is coming up, for example, a product is about to expire and they want to notify them 5 days in advance. What would be an easy way to accomplish this?
  • May 19, 2008