• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi everybody,

I'm not sure if this is the right board to post this doubt regarding CTI, but just in case I'll try it. I'm receiving lots of  user requests for including new fields in the softphone, like picklists used to categorised the phone call without accessing the task after the call is finished. I saw that the field Call Result can be added, but I dind't find anything about adding new ones. Is that possible?

My org has translation workbench enabled and all the labels, picklist values and messages are translated to different languages. I would like to develop a Visualforce page that shows data collected from several objects in the user's language. Most of the information can be reached using merge fields without programming a controller extension, but merge fields that reference picklist values show  the master value, not the label in the user's language, is there any way to translate the picklist value using merge fields, something like "tolabel"? If not, I presume that I will have to develop a controller extension and use Describe functions, or is there any other easier way?
Do you know what "too many apex requests" exception mean? I'm getting this message randomly. Has it something to do with the Callouts Limit?
I've been trying to assign the value of the field SolutionNote to a variable, neither String nor Blob are the Data type needed, I get the error "Data type not supported":

Solution s= [select Id, SolutionNote, solutionName from Solution where id=:'501S00000004j0w'];
String description = s.SolutionNote;

In Javascript I have no problem to assign this value to a variable. Any idea of how can I do it in Apex without getting an error?

I want to create a Visualforce page that includes some of the fields defined for the Case object, like the first step of a wizard to create a new case. Two of them are dependent picklist, I put them in my page as inputfield, but the dependency is not implemented! I've been thinking about creating this dependency manually, but I get stuck. With Summer'08 I'm able to get picklist values using Apex, but I can't know which are the values dependency. I would need some function like the "validfor" that exists in the API accesible from Apex code.

Do you have any idea of how to implement this using Visualforce?
I would like to create a similar page to the standard one for sending emails in Visualforce. The idea is to be able to pre-propulate the email page with the template defined for Solution and capture the Send action to change Case status to "Solution provided to customer". I don't know how to read the template and show it with the merge fields replaced by their value, is there a standard way to do this?
I would like to change the Case status to "Solution provided" after sending it to the client through an email. I was thinking about adding a new button "Send solution" that opens the standard email page with the Solution template selected so the user only had to click "Send" button. This is no problem, but how can I capture that the user finally clicks the send button and not cancel the action? What I can't find is the way to redirect the user to my scontrol so I can put the right status, because, as far as I know, there is no trigger I can capture.

Yes, I know that I could show my own email page done with an scontrol, but I'm using Email2Case, and I think that a lot of tasks have to be done after sending the email: create the EmailMessage object, the task related to that EmailMessage,...

Any good idea will be welcome.

Currently I have a template with some merge fields that are populated with solutions and case records' values. It works fine when I have only one solution, but in some cases I send a solution to the contact that is not valid, so I select a new solution and leave previous one to have the history of solutions. When I select again the template both solutions are included in the email, so I have to delete first one manually. Is there any way to include only last one solution using standard templates? Or will I have always all the solutions included?
Where can I find the visualforce examples shown at Dreamforce 08? I would be interested in viewing that one calling Facebook Service Web that populated a related list.

Thanks
I would like to know when Inline editing will be available for Visualforce pages
I have some Territory Assignment rules based on Account fields that are filled in by a trigger execution. The problem is that the assignment rules never apply in that way, but if the field is modified through Salesforce interface they are applied. I know that there is a SOAP header I have to use when inserting Accounts through API Web services in order to get assignment rules executed, but what about that in Apex?
I haven't found any reference that states that Apex doesn't trigger Territory Assignment rules, but my tests lead me to think so, and it is a very big problem in our org.

Can anyone confirm that when using the database dml option assigmentRuleHeader.useDefault rule it does not send an email to the owner of the queue in which a lead was assigned?

This is some seriously bad news if this is the case.

For example, the code below will assign owner ship of lead to correct queue based on assignment rules but the queue members will not be notified there is a new lead in their queue.

Lead l = new Lead(LastName='test', Company='test', Website='www.test.com');

database.DMLOptions dmo = new database.DMLOptions();
dmo.assignmentRuleHeader.useDefaultRule = true;
l.setOptions(dmo);
insert l;

Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Jason

Message Edited by TehNrd on 02-18-2010 03:55 PM
  • February 18, 2010

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a digitally signed pdf attachement using apex? Or do I need to create an external webservice for it and call it from apex?

Any suggestions and recommendations are welcome!

• February 16, 2010

Hello, 

In the example code below using DMLOptions the territory assignment will not refresh on update.  Has anyone else had any crack at this new functionality?

Also I have beforeInsert triggers being executed too, could it have any impacted the SOAP headers or do the DMLOptions get carried over in the trigger update?

Please advise,

Tom

--sample code-- 

public sobject Obj
public PageReference Save() {
onSave=true;
system.debug(Obj);
        GeoAddress.writeto(Obj,useSecondaryAddress);

//as of v.15 we can se the assignmentRuleHeader via APEX
        //this illiminates the need for a Ajax callback.
        Database.DMLOptions dmo = new Database.DMLOptions();
dmo.assignmentRuleHeader.useDefaultRule= true;
Obj.setOptions(dmo);
system.debug(dmo);

update Obj;

PageReference page = new PageReference('/'+objectId );
       page.setRedirect(true);
       return page;
    } 

debug log:

20090128205240.909:Class.ctrlAddressVerifier.Save: line 250, column 9: Account:{ShippingCountry=USA, ShippingStreet=1407 Blalock Rd, ShippingAddressAccuracy__c=L1AAA, ShippingCounty__c=Bogus County, Country__c=UNITED STATES, ShippingState=TX, ShippingFIPS__c=48201, Name=A-1 Paint Body Shop, SubRegion__c=United States, ShippingLatitude__c=29.79548000, Region__c=North America, ShippingCity=Houston, Id=0013000000Lyfx3AAB, ShippingPostalCode=77055-4413, ShippingLongitude__c=-95.52337300}
20090128205240.909:Class.Geography.GeoAddress.writeTo: line 371, column 13:     returning from end of method public void writeTo(SOBJECT:Account, Boolean) in 1 ms
20090128205240.909:Class.Geography.GeoAddress.writeTo: line 364, column 70:     returning from end of method public void writeTo(SOBJECT:Account, Boolean) in 2 ms
20090128205240.909:Class.ctrlAddressVerifier.Save: line 251, column 9:     returning from end of method public void writeTo(SObject, Boolean) in 2 ms
20090128205240.909:Class.ctrlAddressVerifier.Save: line 258, column 9: Database.DMLOptions:[AllowFieldTruncation=null, AssignmentRuleHeader=Database.DMLOptions.AssignmentRuleHeader:[AssignmentRuleId=null, UseDefaultRule=true], EmailHeader=null, LocaleOptions=null, OptAllOrNone=null]
20090128205240.909:Class.ctrlAddressVerifier.Save: line 260, column 9: Update: SObject
*** Beginning trigAccountCountryValidation on Account trigger event BeforeUpdate for 0013000000Lyfx3
  • January 28, 2009
Do you know what "too many apex requests" exception mean? I'm getting this message randomly. Has it something to do with the Callouts Limit?
I would like to create a similar page to the standard one for sending emails in Visualforce. The idea is to be able to pre-propulate the email page with the template defined for Solution and capture the Send action to change Case status to "Solution provided to customer". I don't know how to read the template and show it with the merge fields replaced by their value, is there a standard way to do this?
Currently I have a template with some merge fields that are populated with solutions and case records' values. It works fine when I have only one solution, but in some cases I send a solution to the contact that is not valid, so I select a new solution and leave previous one to have the history of solutions. When I select again the template both solutions are included in the email, so I have to delete first one manually. Is there any way to include only last one solution using standard templates? Or will I have always all the solutions included?
I have some Territory Assignment rules based on Account fields that are filled in by a trigger execution. The problem is that the assignment rules never apply in that way, but if the field is modified through Salesforce interface they are applied. I know that there is a SOAP header I have to use when inserting Accounts through API Web services in order to get assignment rules executed, but what about that in Apex?
I haven't found any reference that states that Apex doesn't trigger Territory Assignment rules, but my tests lead me to think so, and it is a very big problem in our org.
I created a Salesforce Email Services email address that triggers some Apex Code.  I wanted to enter that email address as a Contact's email address in Salesforce so that I could send stuff to it.  Salesforce email fields do not accept those email addresses in them (ironic).

Apex Email Error When Saving a Contact

For now, I am keeping it as an Outlook contact, but I'd like to sync that Outlook Contact with Salesforce so I always have a safe copy.

Message Edited by hemm on 04-11-2008 12:35 PM
  • April 11, 2008

We have an issue with duplicates in SF.com, primarily with leads & contacts.  For those of you that purchase big lists and mail to them (in which case some of the names you purchase MAY already be in SF.com as leads or contacts), how do you go about getting that information into SF.com without creating tons of duplicates? 

Does anyone else have an issue with the way the Leads module is set up?

THanks,

Brian

• June 20, 2003