• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I currently have the picklist Validation Rule below in Opportunities under Stage:

AND (
     ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Won-Contract Signed") ,
     NOT(ISPICKVAL( PRIORVALUE(StageName) ,"Visited") ) )

This makes it so my sales team cannot select the Stage Name "Won-Contract Signed" unless they select Stage Name "Visited" first.  However, if they have already selected "Visited" and then go to edit the record, this rule makes them select "Visited" Again in order to save.  How can I re-work the rule so that if they've already selected Visited, the system does not require them to select it Again? 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

• February 17, 2009
Hi,

I need the finishing touches to the following validation rule so that when Picklist Value in the StageName Field is changed to "Won-Contract Signed", users must make sure to select picklist value "Visited" beforehand.  So far, the formula I have does the job, however, if users need to go back and edit the Opportunity Record for simple reasons such as editing the spelling of an Opportunity Name, etc...the Validation Rule makes it so that in order to save any of the most recent edits, the user has to select Picklist Value "Visited" Again -- which ends up skewing my Stage History since  "visited" shows up twice. 

How can I change the rule so that it only takes affect on the very first instance that the PICKLIST Value is changed, but not future edits. 
Here is the rule I currently have below:

AND(

Thank you!
  • October 15, 2008
Hello,

I need help creating a Validation rule between two picklist fields.  Something which says:  If "X" is selected in custom picklist field 1,  then Custom picklist field 2 cannot be blank. 

Thanks!
  • September 06, 2008
Hello,

I've created a custom object called Offices and I do not want my end users to be able to delete.  Can I make the delete button inactive for that specific custom object?  I tried researching, but I'm not sure if I'm suppose to create a Visualforce page or an S-control????

Please help.

Thank you.

• August 28, 2008
How do I creat a Validation Rule that affects one particular field only?  I have a Validation Rule in the Stage field of Opportunities that says my sales team cannot advance to one stage without selecting another.

The problem is...if they need to Edit another field within the Opportunity record, the validation rule kicks in.  How can I write a formula so the validation rule is only applicable for one specific field?

Please help.

Thanks,
Kim
  • August 13, 2008
Hello,

I've created a custome "email field" in Opportunities>  How do I get the email faddress rom the Contact page to pre-populate in my custom email field in Opportunities?  Do I use the S-Control for that?

My ultimate goal is to create an Opportunity View which includes email addresses.  When I go to create an Opportunity view, email is not an available field to display.

Please help!

Thanks.
  • May 22, 2008
Hi,

I need the finishing touches to the following validation rule so that when Picklist Value in the StageName Field is changed to "Won-Contract Signed", users must make sure to select picklist value "Visited" beforehand.  So far, the formula I have does the job, however, if users need to go back and edit the Opportunity Record for simple reasons such as editing the spelling of an Opportunity Name, etc...the Validation Rule makes it so that in order to save any of the most recent edits, the user has to select Picklist Value "Visited" Again -- which ends up skewing my Stage History since  "visited" shows up twice. 

How can I change the rule so that it only takes affect on the very first instance that the PICKLIST Value is changed, but not future edits. 
Here is the rule I currently have below:

AND(

Thank you!
  • October 15, 2008
Hello,

I need help creating a Validation rule between two picklist fields.  Something which says:  If "X" is selected in custom picklist field 1,  then Custom picklist field 2 cannot be blank. 

Thanks!
  • September 06, 2008
How do I creat a Validation Rule that affects one particular field only?  I have a Validation Rule in the Stage field of Opportunities that says my sales team cannot advance to one stage without selecting another.

The problem is...if they need to Edit another field within the Opportunity record, the validation rule kicks in.  How can I write a formula so the validation rule is only applicable for one specific field?

Please help.

Thanks,
Kim
  • August 13, 2008
Hello,

I've created a custome "email field" in Opportunities>  How do I get the email faddress rom the Contact page to pre-populate in my custom email field in Opportunities?  Do I use the S-Control for that?

My ultimate goal is to create an Opportunity View which includes email addresses.  When I go to create an Opportunity view, email is not an available field to display.

Please help!

Thanks.
  • May 22, 2008