• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am creating a new page section in the Account layout and embedding a Visualforce page inside of that section.  The problem we are having is that the Visualforce servlet is stored in the browser history (as "visual.force.com/servlet" and "salesforce.com/visualforce") and is causing the section to be reloaded when a user hits the back button.

We have the exact same setup in a separate sandbox, and the odd thing is, those Visualforce pages are not stored in the browser history and the back button works properly in that environment.

Any ideas on why the back button may be breaking?

Thanks.
Is it possible to package the standard objects from Salesforce?  I'm thinking accounts, cases, etc.  It seems to me that if you spend a lot of time building out Accounts in a development environment, you don't really want to re-build them in production.
What is a good way to invoke JMS through Salesforce?
We are currently working ona  problem where we want to dynamically update certain fields in Salesforce when the user opens the object.  We don't want to store the data within Salesforce, but rather retrieve it from one of our internal servers with another integration tool we currently use.

The in-house integration tool can be kicked off via HTTP Request, so we thought of going there first, and using the return results to dynamically update a VisualForce page.  However due to security issues, it does not appear as though this is possible.

What other ways can this be accomplished?  What is a best practice for a "mash-up" into Salesforce?
We are currently working ona  problem where we want to dynamically update certain fields in Salesforce when the user opens the object.  We don't want to store the data within Salesforce, but rather retrieve it from one of our internal servers with another integration tool we currently use.

The in-house integration tool can be kicked off via HTTP Request, so we thought of going there first, and using the return results to dynamically update a VisualForce page.  However due to security issues, it does not appear as though this is possible.

What other ways can this be accomplished?  What is a best practice for a "mash-up" into Salesforce?
Hello,

I am trying to get two-way SSL authentication working between Salesforce and my Tomcat server so I can send encrypted web service calls from Salesforce.  One way works just fine.  However, when I try using the Client Certificate that I downloaded from Setup > App Setup > Develop > API, it gets rejected with a "bad_certificate" IO Exception because Salesforce's certificate expired in 2004 (!!).  I'm not the only one having this problem (see http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=general_development&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=19703)  Does anyone know where the new certificate is?
  • July 22, 2008
Below is the code for a trigger on leads. As far as I can tell it is written in bulk and should not have any issues but for some reason we are getting unhandled trigger exceptions for too may SOQL queries, sometimes as high as 80 and I can't figure it out. There is only one SOQL query and it is not in any type of loop.

Code:
trigger leadPromotion on Lead (before insert, before update) {

//For all the leads inserted or updated capture the Source Code
   Set<String> sourceCodes = new Set<String>();
   for(Lead l : Trigger.new){
    sourceCodes.add(l.Source_Code__c); 
   }

//Query all Campaign/Promotions that have the Source Codes on the leads
   Map<Id,Campaign> campaignMap = new Map<Id,Campaign>([select Id, Source_Code__c From Campaign where Source_Code__c IN :sourceCodes]);

//Create and populated a Source Code -> CampaignID Map
   Map<String,ID> sourceCodeToCampaignMap = new Map<String,ID>();
   for(Campaign c : campaignMap.values()){
    sourceCodeToCampaignMap.put(c.Source_Code__c,c.Id);
   }

//For all of the leads being inserted or updated retrieve the Id of the corresponding Promotion and set it to the Primary Promotion field (lookup)
   for(Lead l : Trigger.new){
    if(l.Source_Code__c == null){ 
     l.Primary_Promotion__c = null; 
    }else{
     l.Primary_Promotion__c = sourceCodetoCampaignMap.get(l.Source_Code__c); 
    }
   }
}

I can insert 200 record through the data loader with no issues but when we have an external integration insert these leads an the error occurs.