• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello all,

I have two great questions relating to doing creates/updates to objects through the API. We use the Enterprise WSDL v12.

1. Is there an API way to tell SFDC not to fire validation rules during my udpdate?
I have heard of using fields in weird ways as exclusions in the validation rules. I would think this is a common API request.
2. Is there an API way to tell SFDC not to update the last modified date and person?
I heard rumors at one point this was possible. Is it?

I believe from a developer/administrator standpoint this would be great. Based on previous findings it does not appear these are possible.

If not, will they be available in v13 or possibly v14?
Also, would the Partner WSDL allow this?

I am possibly willing to change WSDL's!

Thanks,

Jason Meketa
WebTrends

I hope someone can help me.  I have a VF page that includes 4 tabbed sections.  One of them is a custom search tab.  When the user types their criteria (an account name) into the inputtext box, and clicks my search button, everything works great.  If the user types in their criteria, then presses "Enter",  the page refreshes and takes the user back to the first tab (my search tab is the fourth tab).
How can I get pressing enter to be the same as clicking the button?

Thanks in advance!!

Jim
  • August 27, 2008
Hello all,

I have two great questions relating to doing creates/updates to objects through the API. We use the Enterprise WSDL v12.

1. Is there an API way to tell SFDC not to fire validation rules during my udpdate?
I have heard of using fields in weird ways as exclusions in the validation rules. I would think this is a common API request.
2. Is there an API way to tell SFDC not to update the last modified date and person?
I heard rumors at one point this was possible. Is it?

I believe from a developer/administrator standpoint this would be great. Based on previous findings it does not appear these are possible.

If not, will they be available in v13 or possibly v14?
Also, would the Partner WSDL allow this?

I am possibly willing to change WSDL's!

Thanks,

Jason Meketa
WebTrends