• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey Folks,

Has anyone been able to update a date field to be empty via PERL?

All my efforts lead to "value not of required type: '' " or something similar.

Cheers,

-Joe

I can't seem to update records. The code that used to work is not generating this error message:
Missing entity type information. sObject requires a separate 'type' field be sent.

What changed?

ALso, when querying Ids I used to have to do this:

Code:
my $result = $sforce->do_query($query);
if(defined(@$result)) {
         $siteId  = @$result[0]->{Id}[0];
}

But this doesn't work any more; you've made it not be in an array anymore. Now I have to do this:
Code:
if(defined(@$result)) {
         $siteId  = @$result[0]->{Id};
}

What else has changed? How can I get notified in the future?
Thanks,
-Joe

Hey Folks,
I'm building my own add a product to an opportunity field using visualforce. I'm working on the select products page and I'm trying to do this with a selectCheckboxes widget.  Is this the correct approach?  Should I be using a wizard approach to support the multi-line page that follows?

I need to provide a selectOption list out of a product2 query. Does anyone know how to do this?

Code:
 public List<SelectOption> getItems() {
List<SelectOption> products = new List<SelectOption>();

products= [select Id, Name from product2 ];
return products;
}

-Joe
Hi Folks,
My salespeople would like to specify a discount instead of sales price when adding a product to an opportunity. The idea would be that they would just enter a discount percentage and the sale price would auto-update.

Does anyone know if it's possible to override this form and replace it with a visualforce form?

Thanks,
-Joe
I would like to send an outbound message on the first of every month.
I set up a workflow to trigger a Time-Dependent workflow action 0 days after the event start time. It triggers when subject field contains a special string.

The message never goes out.

Do workflows only get triggered after a user creates or modifies an object?  This seems like it should work.

Any hints would be appreciated.
Cheers,
-Joe
Hi Folks,
My salespeople would like to specify a discount instead of sales price when adding a product to an opportunity. The idea would be that they would just enter a discount percentage and the sale price would auto-update.

This looks like it can be done with javascript and an S-Control, but I can't find a way to add that to this mini-form.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,
-Joe
Hi Folks,
I would like to make a copy of an opportunity and all its line-items when someone clicks on a custom button (via an S-Control calling a web-service using Apex)

I figure I will pass the Opportunity ID as a parameter in the webservice call, but now I'm having a problem with the cloning part.

If I initialize an Opportunity object "opp" with an SOQL select statement, and then call "opp.clone(true), am I only cloning the object that I initialized? I want to make a copy of the entire thing.  I'm missing a fundamental concept I think.

here's the Apex routine.

WebService static String duplicateOpp(String arg) {
      String test = '005E0000003Relo';
      Opportunity opp = [ select Id,Name from opportunity where id=:test];

Opportunity newOpp = opp.clone( true);

update newOpp;

return 'Copied ' + newOpp.Name + ' of type ' + newOpp.Type;
    }
Hey Folks,
When I select a product from a pricebook, I see its description in the list of products.  I would like to copy that description into the "line description" field in the opportunity-products mini-form.

Can anyone give me a tip on how to do this?

Thanks,
-Joe
Hey Folks,
I'm trying to write a trigger that will send an outbound message to another server whenever a opportunity is won.
From what I've learned from the docs and the boards, I have to create a web service.  This is really overkill in my case as I just need the opportunity ID.

What I'd prefer to do is to make a call like "sforce.connection.remoteFunction"  but from a trigger instead of an s-control.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

Cheers,
-Joe
Hey Folks,
I'm a new administrator and have added a field named color to the opportunity-products object.
I would like to add it to the opportunity subform for adding products from a pricebook but I don't see any page layout option to do this.  Is there a way but I'm just missing it?

Having done this, I would like to only display this field depending on the value in the Product field.  Is dynamically displaying fields possible?

Thanks!
-Joe
I can't seem to update records. The code that used to work is not generating this error message:
Missing entity type information. sObject requires a separate 'type' field be sent.

What changed?

ALso, when querying Ids I used to have to do this:

Code:
if(defined(@$result)) {
         $siteId  = @$result[0]->{Id}[0];
}

But this doesn't work any more; you've made it not be in an array anymore. Now I have to do this:
Code:
if(defined(@$result)) {
         $siteId  = @$result[0]->{Id};
}

What else has changed? How can I get notified in the future?
Thanks,
-Joe

Hey Folks,
I'm building my own add a product to an opportunity field using visualforce. I'm working on the select products page and I'm trying to do this with a selectCheckboxes widget.  Is this the correct approach?  Should I be using a wizard approach to support the multi-line page that follows?

I need to provide a selectOption list out of a product2 query. Does anyone know how to do this?

Code:
 public List<SelectOption> getItems() {
List<SelectOption> products = new List<SelectOption>();

products= [select Id, Name from product2 ];
return products;
}

-Joe
I would like to send an outbound message on the first of every month.
I set up a workflow to trigger a Time-Dependent workflow action 0 days after the event start time. It triggers when subject field contains a special string.

The message never goes out.

Do workflows only get triggered after a user creates or modifies an object?  This seems like it should work.

Any hints would be appreciated.
Cheers,
-Joe
Hi Folks,
I would like to make a copy of an opportunity and all its line-items when someone clicks on a custom button (via an S-Control calling a web-service using Apex)

I figure I will pass the Opportunity ID as a parameter in the webservice call, but now I'm having a problem with the cloning part.

If I initialize an Opportunity object "opp" with an SOQL select statement, and then call "opp.clone(true), am I only cloning the object that I initialized? I want to make a copy of the entire thing.  I'm missing a fundamental concept I think.

here's the Apex routine.

WebService static String duplicateOpp(String arg) {
      String test = '005E0000003Relo';
      Opportunity opp = [ select Id,Name from opportunity where id=:test];

Opportunity newOpp = opp.clone( true);

update newOpp;

return 'Copied ' + newOpp.Name + ' of type ' + newOpp.Type;
    }
Hey Folks,
When I select a product from a pricebook, I see its description in the list of products.  I would like to copy that description into the "line description" field in the opportunity-products mini-form.

Can anyone give me a tip on how to do this?

Thanks,
-Joe
Hi All,

We are implementing Outbound messaging to one of our endpoint. The workflow is giving the following error :

javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated.

What kind of Server certificates are supported by Outbound messaging. Can we import our certs in trusted store ?.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Manish 
Hi all salesforce experts,

need your help.

In my perl script (using WWW.Salesforce-0.083 module), login and select succeeds, but update operation fails.

Here is my perl codes:

my $sforce = WWW::Salesforce::Simple->new(username,password);  #succeeds

my $result = $sforce->do_query("select .....");   #succeeds

my %update_Hash;
    $update_Hash{type} = "Account";
    $update_Hash{Id} = "0017000000LKqSuAAL";  #a real ID gotten from query
    $update_Hash{"Site"} = "Testing sites";

my $res = $sforce->update(%update_Hash);  #fails here with error message "Expected a hash with key 'type' .....
    print "Update result = $res\n";

Why ?
How to solve ?

Has anyone had any luck setting a checkbox value to "false", either with WWW::Salesforce or any other method?  I'm tearing my hair out over this.  I've had zero luck.

Using $elem->{fieldToNull} = 'HasOptedOutofEmail' fails with ERROR: Unsubscribed: value not of required type: null

Setting $elem->{HasOptedOutofEmail} = 0 or "False" or "" or undef or !1 all fails to update the field silently.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin