• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello there!

Ok....this has to be a simple answer...but I've been surfing these forums and I haven't found it yet!

Basically, we have a managed package that we purchased from a vendor.  We also have custom code (triggers and classes) that we've developed.  When I use Run All Tests in our Developer Sandbox, it runs through ALL of the tests...including the tests written by the vendor for their managed package.

Now we have validation rules on our Leads and Contacts...for instance...a 2 letter Country Code is required.  The vendor tests all fail, most likely when they are trying to set up their test data by creating leads and contacts.

My question is, are managed packages retested when deploying custom (unmanaged) code to a Production org [and are customer created validation rules enforced when running those tests for managed packages]?

Thanks!
Mike ! 

• September 04, 2009
Hiya!

I've created a very simple Visualforce page that displays a specific Lead queue in a Visualforce tab.  However, on this page the Accept, Change Status, and Change Owner buttons redirect to the login screen.  Anyone know if this behavior is just because of the Sandbox environment?  Here's the code for the Visualforce page just fyi:

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Lead" recordSetVar="Leads" tabstyle="Visual_Prospects2__tab">
<apex:enhancedList height="900" rowsPerPage="25" listId="00BR0000000t0St" customizable="false"></apex:enhancedList>
</apex:page>

Thanks!

I am writing test coverage code for my organization and i am receiving error of exceeding DML Statements in my Test Class.I have already done test coverage for previous classes successfully but when i want to do test coverage for newly created class.It gives me DML exceeding error.

Is there any solution for this problem as i need to use DML statements in my Test Class to cover more code.

Thanks

• September 08, 2009

Hello there!

Ok....this has to be a simple answer...but I've been surfing these forums and I haven't found it yet!

Basically, we have a managed package that we purchased from a vendor.  We also have custom code (triggers and classes) that we've developed.  When I use Run All Tests in our Developer Sandbox, it runs through ALL of the tests...including the tests written by the vendor for their managed package.

Now we have validation rules on our Leads and Contacts...for instance...a 2 letter Country Code is required.  The vendor tests all fail, most likely when they are trying to set up their test data by creating leads and contacts.

My question is, are managed packages retested when deploying custom (unmanaged) code to a Production org [and are customer created validation rules enforced when running those tests for managed packages]?

Thanks!
Mike ! 

• September 04, 2009
I know we have options for:

trigger.isBefore
trigger.isAfter
trigger.isInsert
trigger.isUpdate
trigger.isDelete
trigger.isUpsert

but is there a way to distinguish in the trigger whether it is before or after the Workflow has been evaluated, such as

trigger.isBeforeWorkflow
trigger.isAfterWorkflow

Would this be a good idea?
Hiya!

I've created a very simple Visualforce page that displays a specific Lead queue in a Visualforce tab.  However, on this page the Accept, Change Status, and Change Owner buttons redirect to the login screen.  Anyone know if this behavior is just because of the Sandbox environment?  Here's the code for the Visualforce page just fyi:

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Lead" recordSetVar="Leads" tabstyle="Visual_Prospects2__tab">
<apex:enhancedList height="900" rowsPerPage="25" listId="00BR0000000t0St" customizable="false"></apex:enhancedList>
</apex:page>

Thanks!

Our triggers add great new functionality but as of now none are system critial. So for each trigger I have try/catch statements that catch standard exceptions and adds it to a custom built exception log I've created. http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=apex&message.id=978\

The problem I've run into is covering the catch code with test coverage.  It seems like a Catch 22. If my test throws an exception it fails, but I somehow need it to throw an exception to cover the catch statement. Even with the catch code not covered we still have 90% code coverage but I'd like to cover as much as possible.

-Thanks
Jason
  • September 05, 2007