• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I use the Excel Connector daily for the same spreadsheet.  Each day when I select "Query Table Data" I get a different reaction.  Sometimes it goes straight through and works perfectly.  Other days I get an error and have to again select "Query Table Data" and enter my password.  How can I get it to react the same way every time it runs.  It doesn't really matter to me but my boss does it on my day off and I'd rather it not give him problems.

Thanks for your help.

AV

I use the Excel Connector daily for the same spreadsheet.  Each day when I select "Query Table Data" I get a different reaction.  Sometimes it goes straight through and works perfectly.  Other days I get an error and have to again select "Query Table Data" and enter my password.  How can I get it to react the same way every time it runs.  It doesn't really matter to me but my boss does it on my day off and I'd rather it not give him problems.

Thanks for your help.

AV

Hello,

var query = "Select LastName,FirstName,MobilePhone,Id from Contact where " + idCondition;

var result = sforce.connection.query(query);

var contacts = result.getArray("records");

The above piece of code shows the following error, {faultcode:'soapenv:Client', faultstring:'Attribute "xmlns" bound to namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/" was already specified for element "query".', }

Please help me to figure it it out.

Thanks in advance

I have now visited a fair number of messages/links/help pages in an effort to install the Excel connector and the Office Toolkit but haven't had any success yet.  I installed  Office Toolkit 3.0 and the Excel connector but nothing appears in Excel under add-ins.

Here are my specs:

Salesforce version: Free Developer edition that I have changed into a non Profit version by appling 5 packages.

O/S version: Vista Ultimate

Excel version: 2007 SP2

Now I want to try installing Office Toolkit 4.0. From what I understand, I should be able to indirectly install this by installing 'Connect for Outlook' which should appear under SETUP/DESKTOP INTEGRATION along with 'Connect for Office'. However the only options I see under SETUP/DESKTOP INTEGRATION are 'CHECK FOR UPDATES' and 'FORCE.COM CONNECT OFFLINE'. Does anyone know why 'Connect For Outlook' and 'Connect For Office' would not appear?

Thanks
Relating to the article titled The Quick Email Button in the Service & Support Blog of Successforce, I had the following query:

I'm trying to co-opt what Marco Casalaina did for a Case to create a link for an Opportunity.  I'm calling it "quick close email" which, as planned, will allow a rep to pull up our closing email template with one click from the Opportunity page. The syntax I am using follows:

Code:
location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp—retURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}&p3_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!ContactId}&template_id=<your template here>');

Where "your template here" is the 15-character ID for the email template I would like to use.

Unfortunately, there's something wrong with the command -- it returns an "Unable to Access Page" message when launched from the opportunity. Doubly unfortunately, I know nothing about javascripts, so I can't troubleshoot this on my own. Any clues for me? Thx!
  • July 23, 2008