• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I need a trigger to run before a user edit to set the value of some fields.

The need...

When a new line item is added, at the point of the multilineitem.jsp page ("Add Product" > "Select" product/s > THIS PAGE) - I want a controlling List box to be set to the same name as the product, so its controlling lists can be pre filtered.

Salesforce support say this is possible with a trigger, but "OpportunityLineItem (before insert)" runs after the user clicks save and before the record is inserted into the DB - not before the edit page appears.

Can this be done!?

thanks,

tim

Looking for a London based consultant to help with a build of a Visualforce page for searching and selecting products.

Project will be approx 3 days a week for 4 weeks. Need to get an idea on pricing, etc.

Many thanks,

Tim

• September 08, 2009

Hello,

I have built a InboundEmail class that takes an email and inserts a record into a custom object. 

I need to build a test method for this but have no idea how, can I send it a fake email?

any suggestions appreciated!

many thanks,

Tim

Hello,

I have an inbound email class that process the email and crates a new record in a custom object. This is working fine, but, I want the creator of the new object to be the sender of the email not the admin. Is there away to process the insert of the record as a different user in my class?

Also, another quick question... :smileywink:

I have the ID of an opportunity in the subject of he email, can anyone suggest the best way to grab the ID and get rid of the rest of the text? Currently I split the subject words into a array of strings, find the word that has the length of 15 and guess that's the ID, not sure if I can guarantee that the ID will always be a length of 15!? :smileytongue:

thanks!

Tim

Hello,

im following the code example on this page: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_classes_email_outbound.htm

i wish for there to be two address on the CC, but, when adding them I get  "INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS"

one address works fine, when separating the address I have tried "," and ";" - both cause an error.

In what format should I pass the string of address to mail.setCcAddresses?

Many thanks,

tim

Hi,

Im new to apex and just starting to pick it up, so sorry if this is a simple question.

I have a custom object on Opportunities, when saving this custom object I need to grab some data from the Opportunity.

For example I need to grab the UserName of the owner of the Opportunity, how would I do this? From the custom object I can grab the  Opportunity ID (chat.Oppertunity__c) but not sure what to do with it next? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

tim

Hello,

We have a report that is ran weekly, then exported to csv and imported to a reporting application we have built.

We are looking at doing this daily. Is there anyway we can automate the running of this report and export to csv? We will then get our app to read in this data.

If anyone has any suggestions on where i should start on this i would be very grateful! :)

thanks,
tim

Hi,

I need a trigger to run before a user edit to set the value of some fields.

The need...

When a new line item is added, at the point of the multilineitem.jsp page ("Add Product" > "Select" product/s > THIS PAGE) - I want a controlling List box to be set to the same name as the product, so its controlling lists can be pre filtered.

Salesforce support say this is possible with a trigger, but "OpportunityLineItem (before insert)" runs after the user clicks save and before the record is inserted into the DB - not before the edit page appears.

Can this be done!?

thanks,

tim

Looking for a London based consultant to help with a build of a Visualforce page for searching and selecting products.

Project will be approx 3 days a week for 4 weeks. Need to get an idea on pricing, etc.

Many thanks,

Tim

• September 08, 2009

Hello,

I have built a InboundEmail class that takes an email and inserts a record into a custom object. 

I need to build a test method for this but have no idea how, can I send it a fake email?

any suggestions appreciated!

many thanks,

Tim

Hello,

I have an inbound email class that process the email and crates a new record in a custom object. This is working fine, but, I want the creator of the new object to be the sender of the email not the admin. Is there away to process the insert of the record as a different user in my class?

Also, another quick question... :smileywink:

I have the ID of an opportunity in the subject of he email, can anyone suggest the best way to grab the ID and get rid of the rest of the text? Currently I split the subject words into a array of strings, find the word that has the length of 15 and guess that's the ID, not sure if I can guarantee that the ID will always be a length of 15!? :smileytongue:

thanks!

Tim

Hello,

im following the code example on this page: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_classes_email_outbound.htm

i wish for there to be two address on the CC, but, when adding them I get  "INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS"

one address works fine, when separating the address I have tried "," and ";" - both cause an error.

In what format should I pass the string of address to mail.setCcAddresses?

Many thanks,

tim

Hi,

Im new to apex and just starting to pick it up, so sorry if this is a simple question.

I have a custom object on Opportunities, when saving this custom object I need to grab some data from the Opportunity.

For example I need to grab the UserName of the owner of the Opportunity, how would I do this? From the custom object I can grab the  Opportunity ID (chat.Oppertunity__c) but not sure what to do with it next? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

tim