• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We're using the web to lead feature on our website on a "Contact Us" form.  The external user fills out the form and submits it.  One of the fields goes into a lead custom text field ("Comments").  Since this field will be overwritten (if the same lead fills out the contact us form again), I thought I'd try and trigger a new note to be created when the comments field changes.  This way we'd have a history of the previous web comments from that lead.  I've created a  basic before update trigger on a lead in our sandbox and it seems to be working fine.  I'd ideally like to create an enhanced note instead of the legacy note as the title and body of the enhanced note are visible in the related list whereas only the title is visible in the legacy note related list.  I can't seem to figure out how to create an enhanced note via a trigger though.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jared

So I've set up a partner community and have a few users configured so they can log in.  I have a couple questions that I can't quite figure out:

1. Can Partner Community users access Contracts?  I've added the tab in the community set up section, but I don't see that object listed under the Community profile security settings nor do I see it explicitly available under sharing rules (although I do see it under sharing rules for accounts (Default Account, Contract, and Asset Access) which I have set to read/write.  Adding a contract under an account that the partner should have access to results in no contract showing up on the account page (actually, the entire Contracts related list doesn't show up, but it does if I access it using a regular user account).

2.  If I configure a simple "My Leads" or "My Opportunity" report and share it out as Viewer for the partner user, he gets an insufficient permission error when clicking on it.  I've verified that he has access to at least read all of the fields displayed on the report. 

All of this is in our sandbox for now (if that makes any difference).  If anyone could point me to a document/video/KB article that explains (in a decent amount of detail) how to set up a partner community using sharing rules, etc other than the "Getting Started with Communities" guide from SF, that would be great also.  We're looking to limit access to leads, contacts, accounts, etc based on country.  I.e. our France partner can do things if the lead/contact/account country = FR. 

Thanks...

So I'm trying to evaluate the Partner Communities product since we apparently cannot purchase the traditional Partner Portal license type any longer.  Salesforce set us up with a trial set of 20 Partner Community licenses and I see them in our production and sandbox environments.  In our sanbox, I've enabled a community and set some of the settings.  However, I dont' see how you grant access so people can log in.  I've ready thrugh the Getting Started with Communities and from what i can tell, it just says for those people you want to have access to the community, you just add the relevant salesforce profile.  That's fine, but would I need to create an actual user for the community and assign them the profile?  If so, the only available license types I see when adding a new user are Chatter External and Chatter Free.  Should I be seeing something else (like a Partner Community license type) on new user setup?

Thanks,

Jared

I need to come up with a solution that allows a certain checkbox field on a lead to be checked only if a certain user (or, ideally, members of a certain Role) change the lead status to a certain value and save the lead.  If others update the lead and chance the lead status to that same value, the checkbox should stay unchecked.  Is there a straightforward way to do this or would it involve a trigger (or something similar).  I've only worked with worklows right now.  We do have other active workflows that currently do things with this certain lead status (mainly, changing the lead life cycle based on what lead status it goes into) so I need to make sure this new solution doesn't interfere with the existing workflows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We have the public solutions page embedded in our website however, we noticed when you search for a term, the second search result header has the following text (red added for emphasis/visibility):

"Search Results in "All Solutions" and Subcategories"

The quotes are not being decoded from their character encoded form: ie " vs "

I would expect the text to read:  "Search Results in "All Solutions" and Subcategories" as it does in the upper section.  

Here is an example screenshot with the areas highlighted:  http://www.igrafx.com/assets/images/capture.png

Is there anyway to fix this?

I am trying to follow the tutorial Force.com for ASP.NET Developers posten on the WIki at: http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Force.com_for_ASP.NET_Developers. I get stuck in trying to create the first VisualForce page, and I suspect there's a preceding step missing that I have not done.

When I enter the code, I am supposed to get challenged 3 times to createan Apex class and 2 Apex methods. I never get this message: Create Apex method 'leadLookupController1.getSearchString' -- instead I get a message Error: Unknown property 'searchString'.

<apex:page controller="leadLookupController">
<apex:form>
<apex:pageBlock title="Lead Search">
<apex:outputLabel value="Email" />:
<apex:inputText value="{!searchString}" />
<apex:facet name="footer">
<apex:outputPanel>
<apex:commandButton action="{!step2}" value="Search" />
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:facet>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Thanks in advance for your assistence.

We have a web-to-lead form that we route according to country and/or region. In some cases, we forward an email to a partner and also reply to the Lead with a message that partner X will be in contact. In one case (country = Poland), I have 2 emails going to the Lead, one that I want and another that is old, that I cannot find, that I want to remove.
  • I have looked at my Lead Auto-Response Rules and my Workflow Rules, and I cannot find the source of the old message.
  • I also looked through all the Email Templates, and I can't find the template for it there, either.
  • I've looked through the web form to see if something odd stands out, and have come up blank as well.
  • One other thing, it also creates an activity with a copy of the email when it is sent.
Any ideas as to how else this message could be triggered?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas!

- Chris
We capture "significant" web events, such as downloads from our site. They are captured in a custom object. The downloads require the user to register, which creates a new Lead or adds the web event to an existing Lead or Contact. Some how a new Task is created in Salesforce after 5 significant web events, and I can't seem to figure out where it's defined. I have looked in Workflow & Approvals >  Tasks, in Workflow & Approvals > Workflow Rules, and in Leads > Auto-Response Rules -- and I've poked into many other places too. I just seem to be missing something.

Any ideas as to what I'm missing? Is there a place for functions where this could be that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Chris

Message Edited by ChrisTodd on 08-12-2008 11:28 AM

So I've set up a partner community and have a few users configured so they can log in.  I have a couple questions that I can't quite figure out:

1. Can Partner Community users access Contracts?  I've added the tab in the community set up section, but I don't see that object listed under the Community profile security settings nor do I see it explicitly available under sharing rules (although I do see it under sharing rules for accounts (Default Account, Contract, and Asset Access) which I have set to read/write.  Adding a contract under an account that the partner should have access to results in no contract showing up on the account page (actually, the entire Contracts related list doesn't show up, but it does if I access it using a regular user account).

2.  If I configure a simple "My Leads" or "My Opportunity" report and share it out as Viewer for the partner user, he gets an insufficient permission error when clicking on it.  I've verified that he has access to at least read all of the fields displayed on the report. 

All of this is in our sandbox for now (if that makes any difference).  If anyone could point me to a document/video/KB article that explains (in a decent amount of detail) how to set up a partner community using sharing rules, etc other than the "Getting Started with Communities" guide from SF, that would be great also.  We're looking to limit access to leads, contacts, accounts, etc based on country.  I.e. our France partner can do things if the lead/contact/account country = FR. 

Thanks...

So I'm trying to evaluate the Partner Communities product since we apparently cannot purchase the traditional Partner Portal license type any longer.  Salesforce set us up with a trial set of 20 Partner Community licenses and I see them in our production and sandbox environments.  In our sanbox, I've enabled a community and set some of the settings.  However, I dont' see how you grant access so people can log in.  I've ready thrugh the Getting Started with Communities and from what i can tell, it just says for those people you want to have access to the community, you just add the relevant salesforce profile.  That's fine, but would I need to create an actual user for the community and assign them the profile?  If so, the only available license types I see when adding a new user are Chatter External and Chatter Free.  Should I be seeing something else (like a Partner Community license type) on new user setup?

Thanks,

Jared

I need to come up with a solution that allows a certain checkbox field on a lead to be checked only if a certain user (or, ideally, members of a certain Role) change the lead status to a certain value and save the lead.  If others update the lead and chance the lead status to that same value, the checkbox should stay unchecked.  Is there a straightforward way to do this or would it involve a trigger (or something similar).  I've only worked with worklows right now.  We do have other active workflows that currently do things with this certain lead status (mainly, changing the lead life cycle based on what lead status it goes into) so I need to make sure this new solution doesn't interfere with the existing workflows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We have the public solutions page embedded in our website however, we noticed when you search for a term, the second search result header has the following text (red added for emphasis/visibility):

"Search Results in &quot;All Solutions&quot; and Subcategories"

The quotes are not being decoded from their character encoded form: ie " vs &quot;

I would expect the text to read:  "Search Results in "All Solutions" and Subcategories" as it does in the upper section.  

Here is an example screenshot with the areas highlighted:  http://www.igrafx.com/assets/images/capture.png

Is there anyway to fix this?

I am trying to follow the tutorial Force.com for ASP.NET Developers posten on the WIki at: http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Force.com_for_ASP.NET_Developers. I get stuck in trying to create the first VisualForce page, and I suspect there's a preceding step missing that I have not done.

When I enter the code, I am supposed to get challenged 3 times to createan Apex class and 2 Apex methods. I never get this message: Create Apex method 'leadLookupController1.getSearchString' -- instead I get a message Error: Unknown property 'searchString'.

<apex:page controller="leadLookupController">
<apex:form>
<apex:pageBlock title="Lead Search">
<apex:outputLabel value="Email" />:
<apex:inputText value="{!searchString}" />
<apex:facet name="footer">
<apex:outputPanel>
<apex:commandButton action="{!step2}" value="Search" />
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:facet>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Thanks in advance for your assistence.

We have a web-to-lead form that we route according to country and/or region. In some cases, we forward an email to a partner and also reply to the Lead with a message that partner X will be in contact. In one case (country = Poland), I have 2 emails going to the Lead, one that I want and another that is old, that I cannot find, that I want to remove.
  • I have looked at my Lead Auto-Response Rules and my Workflow Rules, and I cannot find the source of the old message.
  • I also looked through all the Email Templates, and I can't find the template for it there, either.
  • I've looked through the web form to see if something odd stands out, and have come up blank as well.
  • One other thing, it also creates an activity with a copy of the email when it is sent.
Any ideas as to how else this message could be triggered?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas!

- Chris
We capture "significant" web events, such as downloads from our site. They are captured in a custom object. The downloads require the user to register, which creates a new Lead or adds the web event to an existing Lead or Contact. Some how a new Task is created in Salesforce after 5 significant web events, and I can't seem to figure out where it's defined. I have looked in Workflow & Approvals >  Tasks, in Workflow & Approvals > Workflow Rules, and in Leads > Auto-Response Rules -- and I've poked into many other places too. I just seem to be missing something.

Any ideas as to what I'm missing? Is there a place for functions where this could be that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Chris

Message Edited by ChrisTodd on 08-12-2008 11:28 AM

I know all about the security restrictions implemented in browsers regarding  cross domain scripting from within an iFrame, but that doesn’t mean this is not possible.  Yes, I have found a method but it would require some help from SalesForce.com.

If you are lost right now, the idea is simply to have the capability to dynamically resize a salesforce.com iFrame that contains items such as your S-Controls or web page via a URL Tab.  You may have noticed that when the data you are trying to display exceeds the boundaries of the iFrame you then see scroll bars that enable the user to slide the view around so they can see everything.

There is a way through client side scripting to resize the iFrame, but you will get an “Access Denied” message if you attempt to accomplish this resizing via scripting from within your own custom page that is hosted on another domain.

So… After all of that, my first question to pose to this community is:

Is there a current method that salesforce.com allows us as developers to use in order to resize the iFrame?

Second, is anyone else interested in this functionality?

Thirdly, and only if there is no current method for this, would the good people at salesforce.com be willing to hear a possible solution to safely solve this issue and allow us this type of functionality?

Basic Solution:  I bumped into this method in my search to solve this issue, so I can’t take credit for it, but I have tested it and it works.  The cost to SalesForce is an inclusion of a small html page with a small bit of JavaScript that in itself alters the iFrame for you.  It starts out with the Salesforce.com iFrame that houses your information.  Then from your web page, you can get the name of the iframe that houses your page in SalesForce.  You then place a small, possibly hidden, iFrame on your web page that links back to the small script page on salesforce.com domain and passes it, via the URL parameters, the main iFrame name/id and the size of your content.  That small script located at salesforce.com, which is in their control, then resizes the main iFrame for you.  This allows you to sidestep the cross domain security issue because the script that modifies the iFrame is also hosted within the same domain.  --  Clear as mud, huh?

Does any of this make sense?  Hope it was worth my time to post it.