• 5 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Could anyone please help with the following questions? Thank you very much!

- Can managed appexchange applications be deployed from sandbox to production?

- Can unmanaged appexchange applications be deployed from sandbox to production?

- Can Eclipse exclude the custom fields added to standard objects by managed applications during deployment?

- Can Eclipse exclude the custom fields added to standard objects by unmanaged applications during deployment?

- What is the best way to deal with AppExchange applications? Install twice them on both sandbox and production? Or install them on sandbox, and then migrate them to production?

Please help. Thank you.
  • August 18, 2009

- Can unmanaged appexchange applications be deployed from sandbox to production? 

- Can Eclipse exclude the custom fields added to standard objects by managed applications during deployment?

- Can Eclipse exclude the custom fields added to standard objects by unmanaged applications during deployment?

- What is the best way to deal with AppExchange applications? Install twice them on both sandbox and production?

Please help. Thank you.

Message Edited by trublu on 08-18-2009 10:39 AM
  • August 18, 2009
Hi all,

Could anyone tell me how to call a third-party webservice from salesforce if the vendor is only giving us their xsd schema? Is it possible without getting a wsdl file from them? Obviously, the xsd schemea doesnt have any method signatures of the web service, so how do i generate the stub classes to call the web service?

Thank you very much for your help! Any sample code and/or articles are welcome!!!

• November 14, 2008

May I ask if you could offer me some quick help on some elementary questions please? I am new to VF. Thanks in advance.

A.

I am very puzzled that the "rendered" attribute in the pageBlockTable is not working out for me.

Note: account.Pot_Dup_Info__r is the relationship key to a list of related objects.

1. When there is no row to be displayed, this block is displayed anyway.

rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(account.Pot_Dup_Info__r))}

2.  However, when there is indeed row to display and if I change the value of "render" to the following

" rendered="{!(ISNULL(account.Pot_Dup_Info__r))}

this attribute can successfully prevent the block from displaying.

I am not sure what is going on here… Why is it so difficult to do such a small thing…?

I tested out the ISNULL function and it seemed to give me some inconsistent result compared to (xyz !=null). Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to specify "{!account.pot_dup_info_r != null)" as the value of the "rendered" attribute.

In essense, I just want to show "no row to display" when there is none… unfortunately, that "rendered" attribute does not work for me, and it always shows me the first column header even if there is no data to display.

B. I am uncertain why there is a huge white space underneath my VF section on the Account page… Is there a way to get rid of it?

Also, is there a way to display a VF section in the same way as the other related objects are displayed? e.g. how to display it as a separate section like Open Activities and Active History on the Account page.

Could you please help?

Thanks a lot.

• September 11, 2008
Hi all,

In order to batch up the soql queries within my Account trigger (trigger on account after update), I have some loops to build the id lists (account, user, group, parent account) up front in the trigger. However, instead of getting "too many SOQL script" error, I am now getting "too many statement script" when the trigger is invoked via batch account update.

Could anyone please help??? SF is so restrictive that I cannot really do anything with triggers!!!

Thanks a lot.

PS I have to build out all these id lists because I need to insert AccountShare records based on a specified user in a custom field on Account... Frankly, the Account Trigger does not really update the account record itself, but to add the appropriate AccountShare records based on the user role of that specified user on the custom Account field.

======================================================================

Force.com Sandbox

Apex script unhandled trigger exception by user/organization:

updateAccountAfterUpdate: execution of AfterUpdate

caused by: System.Exception: Too many script statements: 50001

Class.ProspectManagerManager.handleAccountSharing: line 62, column 21

Trigger.updateAccountAfterUpdate: line 13, column 9

• September 10, 2008

Hi all,

I am totally stuck writing some unit tests for my triggers. There is a need for me to create the following test data in my unit tests, since the triggers are checking these field values as conditions:

- accounts with isPartner = true (obtained not writeable error on runtime)

- userrole with portaltype = Partner (obtained not writeable error on compilation)

- Group with relatedid = a UserRole.id (obtained not writeable error on compilation)

20080906031603.219:Class.TestTriggers.testUpdateAccountAfterInsert: line 7, column 9: testUpdateAccountAfterInsert

System.SObjectException: Field is not writeable: Account.IsPartner

Could somebody please send me some sample unit tests that cover these fields please? I am dealing with accountshare records on on this project, and the triggers case check for these fields that are not assessible. In general, how do we write unit tests that need access to these fields?

Please help!!! Thank you.

• September 06, 2008
Hi all,

I am using the following code in my addafterUpdateOnAccount and addAfterInsertOnAccount triggers to manually add AcountShare records to Table Accountshare when an account is updated/added.

However, the code does not actually insert any AccountShare records in the Insert trigger.I am very very confused because the same code work in the Update trigger... Also, based on my debug code, there is no run-time error from executing the insert or update trigger.

Could anyone please help? Why is the "insert" not working when an account is added, but works when an account is updated?

Thanks a lot!!!
=================================================

AccountShare newAccountShare = new AccountShare();

newAccountShare.accountid = theAccountid;

newAccountShare.AccountAccessLevel = 'Edit';

newAccountShare.OpportunityAccessLevel = 'None';

newAccountShare.CaseAccessLevel = 'None';

newAccountShare.UserOrGroupId = newProspectManagerId;

addAccountShares.add(newAccountShare);

insert addAccountShares;

• September 05, 2008
Does anyone know the API for recalling approval request ?

I have setup Approval process in Salesforce. I would like to recall an existing approval request through API instead of logging into Salesforce and clicking Recall Approval Request button.

I tried looking into process, but it doesnt say one can RECALL an approval. Since we can recall thru the UI, there should probably be a way to do it thru the API?

Thanks a lot.

Message Edited by trublu on 07-14-2008 06:13 PM
Please can someone advise the best solution to follow for this Superbadge. I'm stuck on importing cvs files using the Dataloader.io and have watched the io tutorial but haven't a clue how to match the cvs fields with SFDC none existent fields.
I'm going to have questions all the way through this.
Is there a video walk-through availabler?
Anyone can advise?
I'm doing the simple lightning components challenge and have hit this problem in my existing trailhead org and a brand new dev org that I've just created:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: QVWBQHAG

Hi,

I have created some batch apex code alongwith other triggers and class/controller codes. 

When I run individual test methods on them, I am able to get test success result alongwith nice code coverage %. However when I run all tests together, I get following test failure errors:-

1)System.AsyncException: Database.executeBatch cannot be called from a batch or future method.

2)System.AsyncException: Future method cannot be called from a future method: changeOwners(String, String)

3)System.AsyncException: Future method cannot be called from a future method: getLead_Rollup_Amount(Id)

4)System.AsyncException: Future method cannot be called from a future method: changeOwners(String, String)

Please note again that the exceptions dont come when tested individually.

Please advise on same.

Thanks,

Vimal 

One of my users is having an issue adding emails using Connect for Microsoft Outlook.

Per her login history, she is able to successfully login to Connect for Microsoft Outlook.  She is also able to login directly to Salesforce.com and see her Contacts.

However, when she tries to use "Add Email" within the connector and it searches for one of her contacts' email address, she is told that the contact can not be found, so she's not able to add the email.

She has tried typing the contact's name in the search bar of the Connector to find the contact, instead of their email address, but the search still does not find the contact.

Any ideas for what is preventing Connect for Microsoft Outlook from "seeing" her contacts?  She used to be able to add emails and we can't pinpoint what changed that made it stop working...

How to Display Calendar Object on Custom home page  or  visual force pages
  • October 20, 2009

Hi,

We have integrated sfdc with a document management sytem and a erp system.  We have integrated this via a portal solution.

We want to make sure that when a full copy is done from production to for instance the training sandbox dat training (integration) data is NOT placed in our integrated production environment!

Therefore I want to know in an apex class in which sfdc sandbox (or production) the apex class is running. For now I use the Userinfo.getUsername() call to determine the sandbox because the sandbox name should be placed behind the email adress.

Is this a solid method? Is there anothe api call which i can do to retrieve the current contex?

I am also interested in experiences on how to configure test/acceptance/production in integrated environments where SFDC is one of the systems

tia 

- What is the best way to deal with AppExchange applications? Install twice them on both sandbox and production? Or install them on sandbox, and then migrate them to production?

Please help. Thank you.
  • August 18, 2009

Hi,

I have created a custom object in salesforce called SalesOrder which allows users to create SalesOrders. The issue is a user associated with a territory cannot view the records(salesorders) created by a user of the same territory though he has been assigned to the same territory with same rules.  I have checked the rules and workflows and made sure that both the users have the same sharing rules.  A User above this user in a role Hierarchy cannot view, create, update, salesorder records created by users underneath it. Once again i have checked all the sharing rules and the territory management side and all seems ok.

I have been told that custom objects cannot be linked to territory management and the records created within a custom object cannot be segregated to users.  

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Shabs

I've run into a problem with deleting from a custom object enhanced list view.  I click delete and get a confirmation popup, but then it takes me to a page saying "The attempted delete was invalid for your session. Please confirm your delete." From there, is does allow me to delete the object.

Is there anything that I can do to avoid this secondary confirmation?

• August 07, 2009
 Hi,

We have a profile cloned from "Partner User" named "CashRelease User". i have provided Custom Object Permissions to the custom object UserRoles.I have checked all the boxes present(Read,Create,Edit,Delete).There were no check boxes for View all and Modify All.

Now when I run a piece of code as a "CashRelease User" I get the below error:-
first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY, insufficient access rights on object id.

and when I run it as system administrator it runs fine.

After giving all permissions it still does'nt work.
Please suggest a solution or an alternative approach to perform the action.

I am a bit of a beginner at formulas, so hopefully one of you will think this is easy, and be able to help. :-)

Customer requirement:

Create a formula field that displays the Week Number (as Week 1, Week 2, etc), based on the Date entered on a particular record (same object).

Ex: 01/01/09 - 01/04/09 would return a value of "Week 1"  

01/05/09 - 01/11/09 = Week 2

01/12/09 - 01/18/09 = Week 3

and so on.....

Is using the CASE function the way to go, and if so, what's the shortest way to create this formula?

Thank you in advance!

S

• April 20, 2009
I'm seeing this error relatively frequently as I attempt to upsert data to Salesforce. However, it isn't 100% repeatable - if I try to run the same batch job again it is a different set of records that fails to upsert.

Some notes on our upload process:

1. We are using multi-threading to increase upload speed.
2. We are *not* upserting the same record at the same time with multiple threads. (A given record only appears once in the batch upload process).
3. The object we are upserting to does have an Apex trigger on it - but this trigger only modifies the record being updated, so we should not run into any locking issues here.
4. The object we are upserting is included in a roll-up summary.

I'm thinking that maybe it's the parent in the roll-up summary that is being locked? Does this sound plausible?

I'll be investigating further. Just wondering if anyone else has ever run into this error...

-Greg

Message Edited by glorge on 11-12-2008 05:10 PM
  • November 13, 2008

May I ask if you could offer me some quick help on some elementary questions please? I am new to VF. Thanks in advance.

A.

I am very puzzled that the "rendered" attribute in the pageBlockTable is not working out for me.

Note: account.Pot_Dup_Info__r is the relationship key to a list of related objects.

1. When there is no row to be displayed, this block is displayed anyway.

rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(account.Pot_Dup_Info__r))}

2.  However, when there is indeed row to display and if I change the value of "render" to the following

" rendered="{!(ISNULL(account.Pot_Dup_Info__r))}

this attribute can successfully prevent the block from displaying.

I am not sure what is going on here… Why is it so difficult to do such a small thing…?

I tested out the ISNULL function and it seemed to give me some inconsistent result compared to (xyz !=null). Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to specify "{!account.pot_dup_info_r != null)" as the value of the "rendered" attribute.

In essense, I just want to show "no row to display" when there is none… unfortunately, that "rendered" attribute does not work for me, and it always shows me the first column header even if there is no data to display.

B. I am uncertain why there is a huge white space underneath my VF section on the Account page… Is there a way to get rid of it?

Also, is there a way to display a VF section in the same way as the other related objects are displayed? e.g. how to display it as a separate section like Open Activities and Active History on the Account page.

Could you please help?

Thanks a lot.

• September 11, 2008
I am developing a multi-picklist pop-up window for our need.

The left side has more than 4000 elements.
I am using a controller for dynamically generating the option list. The following code snippet explains this.

In the Program code:
                   <apex:selectList style="width:220px" size="10" multiselect="true" id="availableList" onfocus="skipcycle=true"         onblur="skipcycle=false" ondblclick="onAdd();">                   
                    <apex:selectOptions value="{!items_available}"/>                   
                    </apex:selectList>

In the controller,

public List<SelectOption> getItems_available()
    {
        List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>();
        for (Lead_Manager__c lm: [Select Name FROM Lead_Manager__c Where Is_Frequent__c = false and (Name like 'd%' or Name like 'e%' or Name like 'f%') ORDER BY Name ASC])
        {
                options.add(new SelectOption(lm.Name, lm.Name));       
        }
        return options;
    }

This returns a visualforce error., "System.Exception: collection exceeds maximum size: 1001"

Can anyone help on this?
HI All,

I have created a VF Page and added that inside Account Detail page under a separete section.

The properties of the section are:
Name: Contact List
Column: 1
Tab Order: Top-Down
Show Section Heading On Detail Page: checked
Show Section Heading On Edit Page: checked

The properties of VF Page placed inside the section are:
Width: 100%
Height: 200px
Show Scrollbars: checked
Show label: unchecked

The output is as below:

The VF Page source code:
Code:
<apex:page standardController="Account">
<apex:pageBlock >
  {!Account.Name}
  <apex:pageBlockSection >  
  <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Account.Contacts}" var="cnt">
    <apex:column value="{!cnt.Name}"/>
  </apex:pageBlockTable>
  </apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

My problem is:
I don't want the white space below the page that is being displayed in above picture. If the list is too short the white space will be more. I want the page to cover the whole section.
What tag, attributes or settings help me to avoid the white section and cover the whole section.
Please help.

Thanks,
-Roshan

The documentation only really has a code sample for a simple GET request.  This may be fine for some, but I'm lost on how to properly set up a standard POST request, specifically, setting header and body info.
It appears that my workflow rule which should be triggered when a lead record is updated and the lead status = closed - converted, only is triggered if I click edit and manually update the status.  My rule is not triggered when I click lead conversion even though the status is updated to closed - converted.  Is there anyway to trigger a workflow rule when a lead is converted?