• 75 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

RIght now, I'm programming a controller for a donation system that uses Payconnect and PayPal.

For testing purposes, I want to create a sample Payment Processor Connection object using 'new pymt__Processor_Connection__c'. However, I can't upsert the connection because a required PaymentConnect setup field (pymt__PaymentConnect_Setup__c) is missing. How am I supposed to properly create a new Payment Processor connection, if I can even create one at all?

I'm still new to APEX and the Developer Boards, so please feel tree to ask for any clarifications or for copies of my code.

Thanks!

We've found that while you can have an sObject collection attribute on a lightning component that implements the lightning:availableForFlowScreens interface and access the attribute from the flow designer,  you cannot see the attribute if the component was created in a developer org that has a package prefix.

Example: We created the following sample component in both a clean developer org, and an org that had a package prefix defined:

<aura:component implements="lightning:availableForFlowScreens" access="global">
    <aura:attribute name="contacts" type="Contact[]" />
    <aura:iteration items="{!v.contacts}" var="contact">
        {!contact.Name}: {!contact.Email}<br/>
    </aura:iteration>
</aura:component>

And configured the design attributes so that the flow designer would be able to "see" the component attribute:
<design:component >
    <design:attribute name="contacts" label="Contact records"/>
</design:component>

The flow designer in package org refused to display the "Contact records" attribute:
(we also published the component as part of the package and tested it in the flow designer of the target org and got the same results).

User-added image 

However if we use the same source code to create a component in a non-packaging org, the component (without a namespace prefix) works fine and we can see the component attribute in the flow screen inputs and outputs:

User-added image

Has anyone else run into this?
We're getting an "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" error when we try to include JS libraries in a lightning flow component.

We've CORS whitelisted the following:
  • https://*.force.com
  • https://*.salesforce.com
  • https://linvioevents-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com
And referenced the static resources containing the js code via $Resource in a ltng:require component:

<ltng:require styles=""  scripts="{!join(',','/resource/evt__JQuery/jquery-3.2.1.min.js',$Resource.EventManagement + '/moment/moment.js',$Resource.TimezonePicker+'/timezone-picker.js')}"  afterScriptsLoaded="{!c.afterJSLoaded}" />
But the platform still thinks we have a CORS problem:

Failed to load https://linvioevents-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com/visualforce/session?url=https%3A%2F%2Flinvioevents-dev-ed--evt.na7.visual.force.com%2Fresource%2Fevt__JQuery%2Fjquery-3.2.1.min.js: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access.

Has anyone else run into this?  Is there a fix/work-around?

Thanks
I've found that when I override the "New" button with a lightning component (implementing lightning:actionOverride), the parent record Id is not accessible to the component.  "RecordId" is of course "null" since it's a "New" action.  With out the parent id, it's impossible to attach the new record propertly.

Is there a way to find the parent Id?  

Thanks,
Ron
Starting yesterday morning (6/27) we started seeing the following error in customer Salesforce instances when making API callouts to PayPal.

Callout Exception: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found"

Salesforce won't provide any technical assistance, so we've been working with PayPal and have not found an explaination for the error yet.

Has anyone else been having this problem?  Is the problem just with callouts to PayPal or have you seen the same error with other HTTPRequest endpoints?

Thanks,
Ron

Is there an Apex method we can use to test to see if the new State/Country Picklist feature is enabled in an org?

- Ron

I've looked through all the settings I can think of and can't find the one that allows us to specify a new default Sites login page.  Can someone steer me in the right direction?

This would be the login page displayed when a visitor requests a page that the unauthenticated Sites guest user has NOT been given access to.

Thanks,

Ron

I was working in a developer org in the wee hours this morning and noticed that Salesforce servers were running unusually slow ... I had work to finish, so I kept plugging away, periodically refreshing a Sites page I was working, checking my progress.

Around 1:00 am my page disappeared and was replaced with an error message:  "Limit Exceed"

Apparently, the Site in my developer org has a 10 minute "Service Request Limit".  That doesn't sound so bad, right?  Assuming it only takes a fraction of a second to serve up a page.  So how is it possible for one user, freshing a single page every few minutes, to exceed the daily service request limit in one hour?

I found this explaination for the limit on the SF developer site:

"“Service request time” is calculated as the total server time in minutes required to generate pages for the site."

If I understand this correctly, Salesforce tallies the time spend serving up pages, regardless of how slow their servers are.  The more load on the system, the faster our service request limits are reached, and the more likely it is SF will shut down our Force.com sites.

And to make matters worse - when you hit the limit, your business application is shut down for the rest of the day.  Good luck trying to get ahold of someone in support to up your limit, or buy more minutes.  Response time on customer support is often several days.

I'm not sure how we can build enterprise-class solutions on a platform that is designed to self-destruct.

Am I missing something here?

- Ron

We have custom labels defined for a site we're working on, that have been translated into several languages ... and according to SF documentation (http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/An_Introduction_to_Force.com_Sites ) it looks like we should be able to change the language setting for the site guest user to get the site to display the translations for us.

Passing a language parm to the page does work, but that requires handling the parameter and passing it from page to page in order to stay in that language.

Is there a limitation on the Site Guest User that would prevent us from changing the language?

Thanks,

Ron

Salesforce.com Developer needed to work on both new and existing Salesforce.com projects for well respected Salesforce ISV and consulting partner - immediate start.

We are seeking a talented Salesforce.com Developer who has strong development skills in Apex, VisualForce, and general Salesforce administration.  Projects will include custom Visualforce page development, integration between Salesforce and external web applications, e-commerce and portal customizations to customer Salesforce accounts and other interesting projects.

We are looking for someone who is technically skilled, good with customers (and co-workers of course) and can be productive and stay focused on project requirements with minimal supervision.

Required Skills:

* At least 2 years Salesforce application development experience (triggers, Apex webservices, CSS, and Force.com database administration)
* Familiarity with the Eclipse IDE
* Solid project and time management practices
* General web development experience with HTML, Javascript, and common web services (e.g. Google, PayPal, ...)

This is a full-time position, salary commensurate with experience, and may offer the opportunity to telecommute.  West Coast (US) candidates preferred.  Principals only - NO RECRUITERS OR STAFFING AGENCIES PLEASE.

To be considered, you will have strong skills in Apex, VisualForce and advanced Salesforce administration.  You must have a strong grasp of web services development and have experience working with Salesforce using the Eclipse IDE.   Experience working with formal design and development methodologies a plus.  You must have the ability to work well independently and meet agressive project deadlines.

Apply now by submitting your CV to jobs at linvio dott com.

Linvio, Inc. is a Salesforce consulting and application development shop headquartered in Cardiff, CA (San Diego).  Visit the Salesforce AppExchange for details on our products PaymentConnect, Linvio Quotes & Invoices, Linvio Mini-Store and CronKit, or visit our website at www.linvio.com

Hi folks. How can I delete a Lightning Community Template? I went to setup > customize > communities > Lightning Community Templates. I can see them there, 2 of them but I cannot delete them. I wouldn't want for anyone to use these templates in newer communities. Everytime I try to delete either I receive the following:

-The object you're trying to delete is in use on site name_of_community, which is published.
-The object you're trying to delete is in use on site name_of_community, which is under development.

However, none of my communities are using these templates any longer. I went to my community workpaces 1 by 1 and under administration I see all of them using the "customer service" template. Yet, it keeps telling me that the 2 custom templates are in use. It shouldn't be this hard to delete a template. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?
  • November 08, 2018
We've found that while you can have an sObject collection attribute on a lightning component that implements the lightning:availableForFlowScreens interface and access the attribute from the flow designer,  you cannot see the attribute if the component was created in a developer org that has a package prefix.

Example: We created the following sample component in both a clean developer org, and an org that had a package prefix defined:

<aura:component implements="lightning:availableForFlowScreens" access="global">
    <aura:attribute name="contacts" type="Contact[]" />
    <aura:iteration items="{!v.contacts}" var="contact">
        {!contact.Name}: {!contact.Email}<br/>
    </aura:iteration>
</aura:component>

And configured the design attributes so that the flow designer would be able to "see" the component attribute:
<design:component >
    <design:attribute name="contacts" label="Contact records"/>
</design:component>

The flow designer in package org refused to display the "Contact records" attribute:
(we also published the component as part of the package and tested it in the flow designer of the target org and got the same results).

User-added image 

However if we use the same source code to create a component in a non-packaging org, the component (without a namespace prefix) works fine and we can see the component attribute in the flow screen inputs and outputs:

User-added image

Has anyone else run into this?
I have a lightning component that implements lightning:actionOverride how do I get the recordId of the parent when the action is triggered from a related list?
I unable load my lightning component in a ligtning app page due to Cross-Origin Request error . I'm getting below mentioned error in the console

Font from origin 'https://xxx-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com' has been blocked from loading by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'https://xxx-dev-ed.lightning.force.com' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 404. 

So can any one please suggest me the right answer to fix this issue..

We need to figure out the format for the callback URLs to allow another iOS app to open a visual force page in SF1 with a parameter. For example... the PDF doc says to use the following format... 

salesforce1://sObject/{!record.id}/view 

However, other (scarce) resources I can find say to use a different format... 

com.salesforce.salesforce1://entity/view?entityId={!record.id} 

Both seem to work... this blog entry (https://plus.google.com/108841584505265827017
/posts/GjHbMRmQzC3) says that you can open APEX pages using "apex/pageName" as the record id in the second format, but it does not seem to work. So there are conflicting sources of information and limited documentation. 

Basically, I can find no clear documentation on this.

from IOS app try to open/redirect to a Visualforce Page on SF1
Here is what we are trying to do, and what works so far.... 

1. Have a visualforce page with a x-callback protocol link in it to an external barcode scanner app. This works. 
2. On success from the barcode scanner, call a x-callback protocol link to return the user to SalesForce1. This works so long as we are linking back to a specific record id. HOWEVER, we want to link instead to a VisualForce page and pass it as a parameter the data from the barcode scanner.
  • February 03, 2015
Hi,

Because of SSLv3 Poodle vulnerability, we have turned off SSLv3 support on our web server. This in term is causing Salesforce outbound messaging to fail.

Is there a work around with this from Salesforce end?

The outbound messaging processing issue was resolved once we turn SSLv3 back on our web server.

Ted Tsung
Starting yesterday morning (6/27) we started seeing the following error in customer Salesforce instances when making API callouts to PayPal.

Callout Exception: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found"

Salesforce won't provide any technical assistance, so we've been working with PayPal and have not found an explaination for the error yet.

Has anyone else been having this problem?  Is the problem just with callouts to PayPal or have you seen the same error with other HTTPRequest endpoints?

Thanks,
Ron

Is there anything that can prevent a Hybrid force.com app from publishing on Apple's App Store? Also I was wondering, is there any particular reason why salesforce rolled out their own app store (AppExchange).

• April 26, 2013

Hey everybody,

I had programmed a donation controller that uses PaymentConnect to process donations from PayPal. Donations can be one-time or recurring, and when a donation is made, a corresponding payment object would be created. Recurring donations would create payment objects for each donation, and would increment a total donation amount under a 'Payment Profiles' object corresponding with the donor.

For some strange reason, my program stopped processing IPN's from PayPal recurring transactions. The code worked fine until 10/21, when suddenly all recurring payments stopped being created in Salesforce. The money is still being transferred to the PayPal account, and normal credit card transactions are still being processed, but payments from recurring transactions are not.

Even stranger still, I tested the program with a PayPal sandbox account, and the sandbox was able to send successful recurring payment IPN's. However, my program cannot register recurring IPN's from PayPal itself. Could this be an issue with PaymentConnect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please feel free to ask for clarification or for more information.

• February 15, 2013

We have a need for a Salesforce developer to assist with integrating Linvio PaymentConnect with a series of custom Visualforce pages. We estimate this will require 8-16 hours of development. Please contact me for more details.

I've been having this issue for a while and just cannot seem to find what the problem is. Thought it started a few API versions back, there is a post that says update from api 18 to 19. Right now my controller and VF page are api version 20. 

It doesnt happen on page load. Rather seems to only happen after a controller function has been called. Before this function completes it tasks it runs some checks. If any of the checks fail it is an error and I set a Boolean to true and a String to the error message and then return null. I use the public Boolean to know whether or not to show the error page message, and the public string is holding the message.  I've checked the field permissions on each field that is being used and they are visible but read-only. Which should be fine as I am only using them to compare.

Any thoughts?

• October 12, 2011

Hello,

I am encountering difficulties with creating a sale invoice (c2g__codaInvoice__c) and cash entry (c2g__codaCashEntry__c). Both objects have a lineitem object (c2g__codaInvoiceLineItem__c, c2g__codaCashEntryLineItem__c).

I first set the invoice's fields and create it. However I get the following error message:

stdClass Object
(
    [errors] => stdClass Object
        (
            [message] => Object validation has failed.
            [statusCode] => FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION
        )

[id] => 
    [success] => 
)

Am I suppose to create invoice line item first (c2g__codaInvoiceLineItem__c)? This is a bit confusing. I thought that I would first set the c2g__Account__c for a sale invoice and get the id of the invoice and then create an invoice line item(s) for the corresponding invoice id. 

According to the architecture, the opportunity if is linked to the sale invoice object.I have already code my opportunity with its opportunity line items so I do have the opportunity id in hand. 

In PHP, how do you create a sale invoice given opportunity and account info? I assume once I figure out the sales invoice I would be able to figure out the cash entry which is similar with the line entry. 

FYI - According to financial force, these functionalities can be developed with API salesforce. Do I need to download some kind of financial force extension package?

Hello,

Has anybody worked on sites pages that uses Linvio PaymentConnect without redirecting to it's SiteCheckout page.

Thanks,

Vishnu

I'm frequently getting the error "System.CalloutException: Read timed out" on an HTTP Service (RESTful) call I am making from an Apex class.

It doesn't appear to be a proxy/firewall issue as I *am* able to get a response.   I think I just have a slow server on the other end.

Is there any way to increase the timeout period on this call to ensure that the web service has time to respond?

Thanks!