• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I installed some updates for eclipse (force.com) and it seems like the option to specify the timeout setting when deploying is no longer there. It used to be on the Destination Details screen of the deployment wizard, but now that part is just blank:

Is there any other way I can increase this setting when deploying?
Changing it on the actual project does not seem to work.

Thanks,
Claudia.

• August 13, 2008
After the sandbox was updated to Winter '09 on September 19, the Summer '08 Force.com IDE has been unusable for me for Apex code development on both a Linux with Eclipse 3.2 and MacOS X with Eclipse 3.3.

Effectively, any change to a source file, including trivial changes, say to a comment, results in "Save error: invalid server id"

Tests do not run at all - no output in the Errors or Apex Test Code Runner tabs of the IDE.

Code may be edited in the Salesforce web app, and tests run there, but not being able to use the IDE makes deployment considerably less convenient.

I realise that there are some known issues surrounding this, but how widespread is the problem? I haven't found mention of it here on the boards, so I'm wondering if the bug is specific to only some orgs (which raises the question of why). Also, with the IDE going GA in a week, is there a release candidate of the IDE that addresses these issues?

Just hoping to learn more about the nature of this problem...

--Kevin

I installed some updates for eclipse (force.com) and it seems like the option to specify the timeout setting when deploying is no longer there. It used to be on the Destination Details screen of the deployment wizard, but now that part is just blank:

Is there any other way I can increase this setting when deploying?
Changing it on the actual project does not seem to work.

Thanks,
Claudia.

• August 13, 2008