• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have installed the really useful and powerful Entitlements Application. This addresses a previously big hole in the Support side of SF. Now we can calculate and display response and resolution times as well as track SLA violations. The will close the loop so that everything can be managed in SF.

Unfortunately I have a fairly significant issue with the implmentation. In the following instances the Entitlement for a case is properly assigned:

- A case is logged by a SF user on behalf of a customer.

- A customer raises a case via Mail-2-Case

- A cusomer raises a case via Self-Service Web Site

The entitlement is not assigned correctly when the case is logged via the Customer Portal. We have some customers who only use the Customer Portal so this is a big problem. According to release notes it should work so it is likely that I have not configured something correctly but I have not been able to identify it.

If anyone has any advice or similar experience that would be really great.

Many thanks,

• February 12, 2009
I am attempting to write a custom application for my organization that allows for a Time Off approval process.  I am trying to create a trigger that will create an Event record for a user if their Time Off request has been approved.

I developed the trigger in my sandbox, and everything seems to work properly.  However, I'm trying to work my way through deploying it to production and I'm running into a problem.

When I run the compileAndTest Ant script, I'm getting the following error:

System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0FT0000000Arq8MAC; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, createTimeOffEvents: execution of AfterUpdate

caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id

Trigger.createTimeOffEvents: line 108, column 13

I believe the reason for this error is because I am attempting to set the OwnerId of the Event to a selected user id that is specified in the custom Time Off object.

Is there a way to allow triggers to set the OwnerId of a new record?
  • September 06, 2007