• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Relating to the article titled The Quick Email Button in the Service & Support Blog of Successforce, I had the following query:

I'm trying to co-opt what Marco Casalaina did for a Case to create a link for an Opportunity.  I'm calling it "quick close email" which, as planned, will allow a rep to pull up our closing email template with one click from the Opportunity page. The syntax I am using follows:

Code:
location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp—retURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}&p3_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!ContactId}&template_id=<your template here>');

Where "your template here" is the 15-character ID for the email template I would like to use.

Unfortunately, there's something wrong with the command -- it returns an "Unable to Access Page" message when launched from the opportunity. Doubly unfortunately, I know nothing about javascripts, so I can't troubleshoot this on my own. Any clues for me? Thx!
  • July 23, 2008
Relating to the article titled The Quick Email Button in the Service & Support Blog of Successforce, I had the following query:

I'm trying to co-opt what Marco Casalaina did for a Case to create a link for an Opportunity.  I'm calling it "quick close email" which, as planned, will allow a rep to pull up our closing email template with one click from the Opportunity page. The syntax I am using follows:

Code:
location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp—retURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}&p3_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!ContactId}&template_id=<your template here>');

Where "your template here" is the 15-character ID for the email template I would like to use.

Unfortunately, there's something wrong with the command -- it returns an "Unable to Access Page" message when launched from the opportunity. Doubly unfortunately, I know nothing about javascripts, so I can't troubleshoot this on my own. Any clues for me? Thx!
  • July 23, 2008