• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We love that email-to-case will attach emails with a case reference ID to the existing case. However, we do NOT want emails without that reference ID to create new cases. Is there a way for us to modify the email-to-case code so that certain emails do NOT create new cases?

Thanks in advance!
  • December 16, 2008
We are just now setting up email to case. If an inbound email is received to our support address it creates a new case associated with the contact that matches the from address on the email... However, some of our contacts send us email from multiple addresses (their work email, their gmail, etc...). We are wondering if we can support multiple email addresses per contact so that email-to-case will recognize all of them. We already have an "other email addresses" field for contact records that will accept multiple additional addresses.

This type of functionality is supported by some 3rd party AppExchange providers, specifically iHance and their Absolute Automation app.

Is this possible out of the box in Salesforce or with a bit of modification?

Thanks in advance!
  • December 16, 2008
Hi everyone,

I am attempting to use the Excel Connector to import a bunch of cases.  The connector appears to support "Contact ID" as a field for cases, but not "Account ID."  All of the cases I am importing need to be associated with specific accounts...  any ideas?

Thanks.

Hello All,

We recently launced a solutions page for our customers by generating the HTML code through the Public Solutions feature in Salesforce.  The solutions display in an iframe on our page and everything is functioning correctly except for the fact that there are two unwanted columns that are visible to our customers, they are 'Number of Related Cases' and 'Last Modified Date'.  

I searched for a way to remove these columns as we do not want our customers to be able to see them.  I couldn't find any documentation around this so I submitted a case to Salesforce Support, whereby I was told that I needed to modify the HTML code but they could not tell me how and subsequently pointed me to the developer board.

Here is the HTML code that is generated -

<IFRAME title="Content" src="http://na4.salesforce.com/sol/public/search.jsp?orgId=00D300000006JjL" WIDTH="515" HEIGHT="360"></IFRAME>

Any ideas how I can modify the Public Solutions HTML to remove the two columns? 

Thanks for your help.

Clint

I've been banging my head on the desk all morning trying to do this, and before I decide there isn't a way, please let me know if I just missed something painfully obvious. Our organization sells classes as our opportunities. In our opportunity section, we have a custom formula field, "Training_Address_Info" which fills in the field from info in the account related to the opportunity. Once the opportunity - the class - is sold, we have to schedule an instructor for it, so we create an event for the instructor, which is related to the opportunity. I'm trying to create a custom activity forumla field which will pick up the "Training_Address_Info" field from that opportunity. There are actually a few fields I'd like to reference from the related opportunity, but there doesn't seem to be a way to create that relationship between the event and opportunity - but I'm still learning lots regularly, so maybe I just haven't figured it out yet? (Apologies for any awkward wording, I'm also still trying to master the lingo!)
  • September 10, 2009