• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
First time poster & new to SFDC.

For a contact I am trying to calculate the next anniversary date based on a historical registration date (which could be many years previous), to drive a workflow for a reminder e-mail and follow up task to record owner using the Time Based work flow. 

The formula that I have used previously, suggested in SFDC documentation (to calculate Next birthday), calculates correctly when using the standard contact Birthdate field, but when I apply the same formula to a custom date field the compilation exceeds the maximum 5000 characters (Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (5,262 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters) 

Current formula below and any suggestions on reducing formula size or alternate approaches will be appreciated greatly.

IF(MONTH(AppDate__c)>MONTH(TODAY()),DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(AppDate__c),DAY(AppDate__c)),
IF(MONTH(AppDate__c)<MONTH(TODAY()),DATE(YEAR(TODAY())+1,MONTH(AppDate__c),DAY(AppDate__c)),
IF(DAY(AppDate__c) >= (DAY(TODAY())),DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(AppDate__c),DAY(AppDate__c)),
DATE(YEAR(TODAY())+1,MONTH(AppDate__c),DAY(AppDate__c)))))

Regards

Paul
First time poster & new to SFDC.

For a contact I am trying to calculate the next anniversary date based on a historical registration date (which could be many years previous), to drive a workflow for a reminder e-mail and follow up task to record owner using the Time Based work flow. 

The formula that I have used previously, suggested in SFDC documentation (to calculate Next birthday), calculates correctly when using the standard contact Birthdate field, but when I apply the same formula to a custom date field the compilation exceeds the maximum 5000 characters (Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (5,262 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters) 

Current formula below and any suggestions on reducing formula size or alternate approaches will be appreciated greatly.

IF(MONTH(AppDate__c)>MONTH(TODAY()),DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(AppDate__c),DAY(AppDate__c)),
IF(MONTH(AppDate__c)<MONTH(TODAY()),DATE(YEAR(TODAY())+1,MONTH(AppDate__c),DAY(AppDate__c)),
IF(DAY(AppDate__c) >= (DAY(TODAY())),DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(AppDate__c),DAY(AppDate__c)),
DATE(YEAR(TODAY())+1,MONTH(AppDate__c),DAY(AppDate__c)))))

Regards

Paul