• Salesforce MVP

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

Just wanted to understand the difference between when to use Continutaion Class and when to use @future  (callout = true) in case asynchronous invocation of WS.

In case of imported WSDL, can we call the sync stub class from a method using @future(callout == true) or we have to use asyncWSDLtoApex class passing the continuation object.

Can anyone please explain both the concepts with bit explanation.

Great Thanks
Somnath
Hi all,

I am trying to populate a lookup field (Match_Day_Ops__c) every time the 'add new' button is clicked. I have created a visualforce page that allows a new row of fields to be added on the pae without refreshing. 

Visualforce Page:
<apex:page sidebar="false" StandardController="Incident_Log__c"  extensions="IncidentLogPopup">
<apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock id="membAdd" >  
    <apex:pageBlockButtons location="Both">
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" Action="{!save}" />
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
                </apex:pageBlockButtons>                
        <apex:pageblockSection >       
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!memberAddList}" var="memb">
                <apex:column headerValue="Match Day Ops">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!memb.Match_Day_Ops__c}"/>
                </apex:column>
                 <apex:column headerValue="Priority">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!memb.Priority__c}"/>
                  <apex:column headerValue="Date/Time">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!memb.Date_Time__c}"/>
                <apex:column headerValue="Incident Open">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!memb.Incident__c}"/>
                <apex:column headerValue="Date/Time Closed">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!memb.Date_Closed__c}"/>
                <apex:column headerValue="Incident Closed">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!memb.Incident_Closed__c}"/>
                <apex:column headerValue="Reported To">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!memb.Reported_To__c}"/>
                <apex:column headerValue="Reported By">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!memb.Reported_By__c}"/>
            </apex:pageBlockTable> 
            <br/><apex:commandLink value="Add Row" action="{!addRow}" reRender="membAdd" />        
        </apex:pageblockSection>        
        <apex:pageblockSection columns="1" >
            <apex:pageblockSectionItem >

</apex:pageblockSectionItem>        
        </apex:pageblockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Controller:
public class IncidentLogPopup
{ 
    public IncidentLogPopup(ApexPages.StandardSetController controller) {

}

public List<Incident_Log__c> memberList {get;set;}
    public List<Incident_Log__c> memberAddList {get;set;}
    public String memberName {get;set;} 
    public string searchstring {get;set;}  
    public IncidentLogPopup(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
        String sql = 'SELECT Match_Day_Ops__c, Date_Time__c, Date_Closed__c, Priority__c, Incident__c, Reported_to__c, Reported_By__c, Opened_Closed_Status__c FROM Incident_Log__c';
        memberList = Database.Query(sql);
        memberAddList = new List<Incident_Log__c>();
        memberAddList.add(new Incident_Log__c());

}

public void AddRow()
    {
        memberAddList.add(new Incident_Log__c());

} 

Public Pagereference Save(){
        insert memberAddlist;
        return null;
    }

}

Thanks

Our website captures different types of leads (different record Types). I am passing record type(hard coded) from website for    different leads but all my leads are created of one type only ????

I have 4 master detail relationships on the Account object.  Is there a way to create a single custom report type that will access all 4 of those relationships?

• February 07, 2013

Hi,

I want to use custom object field values in VF page ( I can do this by specifying the controller as my custom object and page loads in the custom tab).

Now the page created above I need to embed this in some other Tab say Account. I don't get an error when I use the above page on wellform page. But it shows an error:

Content cannot be displayed: Id value 001d000000Va7JT is not valid for the "mycustomobject"

I understand the error. But I really need to use this VF page in the standard tab.

Any pointers help is most appreciated.

Please ..

If I am using the Account standard controller and I have Contacts in that layout, is it possible to have have input fields in that related list so users can create a new contact without having to go to another page? I am running professional version so I can't create apex classes and am trying to find a way to add child/related objects without so much navigation and page loads.

• February 06, 2013

Hi,

This is Rajesh, I want to assign a readonly and delete permision for a RELEATED LIST 

to only user who created that one, and i dnt want other users to do any operation on same Releated list,

please help me on this........!

• February 03, 2013

Hi ,

How could I deactivate the verification E-Mail sent from salesforce on a chnage of the E-Mail address? is this the standard salesforce functionalities aplicable for all the Orgs? or can this be disabled somehow?

Please help.

Thanks in advance for any posts or help on this

Hi,

I am new to SFDC and just signed up for free developer edition of SFDC. I chose "Japanese(日本)" for country, but when I log into the new site, whole languages are English. I want to have everything in Japanese for my development.

I was able to create 30 days free trial edition - this is Professional Edition - last week and it was all in Japanese. Since Professional Edition is limited to its functionality and that's why I created developer edition. Is it possible to have developer edition, with full functionality in Japanese somehow?

Thanks,

Kensho Tsuchihashi

• November 19, 2012

How to remove the focus from the first text field when the page is loading? Pls let me know as it is urgent.

• September 06, 2012

Hi,

Any quick tips to migrate profile permissions from one instance to another instance. I know we can do it using force.com tool (eclipse) but not sure how to do it. Any steps to follow would help us.

Thanks

I am unable to log out from salesforce chatter desktop application. 

Even on signing out from the login.salesforce.com website am still signed in into the salesforce.com chatter desktop application..... 

How to log out?

APEX IS STRONGLY TYPED LANGUAGE - What does it mean?

Thanks

Kiran

Hello,

I am creating a large PDF document from my Apex controller.  From the controller , I am sending over 400 record IDs.

So, the URL that is returned from the controller looks like this:

apex/myPage?id=a16V00000GVC4IAO%2C..... plus 400 or so more IDs.

When I run the code with fewer IDs, it works.

When I run with over 400 IDs, I get a Heap error.

I can't view any more info about the error, because the Developer Console crashes every time.

Is there a limit to how many IDs I can send to a page using the method above?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

• August 22, 2012

could any one send the dynamic search functionality for account object..??

in any field..

• August 22, 2012

Hi,

Does anyone know how to create a custom encrypted filed(like password)? And how does Salesforce store it and  retrieve back the details?

Thank you!

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
I AM TRYING TO GRAB THIS DATA FROM THE WEB, OUR URL IS SET UP WITH USERNAME AND PASS WORD.
THIS IS GPS DATA AND IS DYNAMIC SO WOULD CHANGE EACH TIME THE PAGE IS VISITED.

WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DATA POSTED IN TO SF CUSTOM OBJECT TO DISPLAY CURRENT STATUS OF EAVH TRUCK ON THEIR OWN RECORDS.

THANKS AGAIN

<Veh_Positions>
<Vehicle ivehicleid="353404016220052">
<data label="0210 Pablo Rodas" reg_number="832-274-3696" dtime="2012-08-15T19:10:11" flatt="29.738672" flong="-95.510833" heading="" speed="0.58" odometer="264821" event_type="Shutdown" event_code="202"driverid="0" vehicleid="353404016220052" gps="3" speed_mph="0.36" odometer_mi="164552.09" Driver="">
<pto/>
</data>
</Vehicle>
<Vehicle ivehicleid="353404016220063">
<data label="0247 Alfonso Quintanilla" reg_number="956-739-6923" dtime="2012-08-17T15:04:42" flatt="29.831770" flong="-95.208461" heading="" speed="0.07" odometer="50060" event_type="Shutdown"event_code="202" driverid="0" vehicleid="353404016220063" gps="3" speed_mph="0.04" odometer_mi="31105.83" Driver="">
<pto/>
</data>
</Vehicle>
<Vehicle ivehicleid="353404016220066">
<data label="0331 Juan Lopez" reg_number="832-217-0400" dtime="2012-08-17T19:59:05" flatt="31.135393" flong="-95.979401" heading="" speed="103.97" odometer="49514" event_type="Position" event_code="1"driverid="0" vehicleid="353404016220066" gps="3" speed_mph="64.60" odometer_mi="30766.56" Driver="">
<pto/>
</data>
</Vehicle>
  • August 18, 2012

Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
Software being installed: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021)
Software currently installed: Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 1.3.1.20100916-1202 (epp.package.java 1.3.1.20100916-1202)
Only one of the following can be installed at once:
International Components for Unicode for Java (ICU4J) 4.2.1.v20100412 (com.ibm.icu 4.2.1.v20100412)
International Components for Unicode for Java (ICU4J) 4.0.1.v20090822 (com.ibm.icu 4.0.1.v20090822)
Only one of the following can be installed at once:
Structured Source Editor 1.2.2.v201008232126 (org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui 1.2.2.v201008232126)
Structured Source Editor 1.1.102.v200910200227 (org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui 1.1.102.v200910200227)
Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021)
To: org.eclipse.wst.html.ui [1.0.0,2.0.0)
From: Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 1.3.1.20100916-1202 (epp.package.java 1.3.1.20100916-1202)
To: org.eclipse.epp.package.java.feature.feature.group [1.3.1.20100916-1202]
From: EPP Java Package 1.3.1.20100916-1202 (org.eclipse.epp.package.java.feature.feature.group 1.3.1.20100916-1202)
To: org.eclipse.rcp.feature.group 3.6.0
From: EPP Java Package 1.3.1.20100916-1202 (org.eclipse.epp.package.java.feature.feature.group 1.3.1.20100916-1202)
To: org.eclipse.wst.xml_ui.feature.feature.group 0.0.0
From: Java EMF Model Utilities 2.0.201.v201001252130 (org.eclipse.jem.util 2.0.201.v201001252130)
To: bundle com.ibm.icu [3.8.1.1,4.1.0)
From: Eclipse RCP 3.6.1.r361_v20100827-9OArFLdFjY-ThSQXmKvKz0_T (org.eclipse.rcp.feature.group 3.6.1.r361_v20100827-9OArFLdFjY-ThSQXmKvKz0_T)
To: com.ibm.icu [4.2.1.v20100412]
From: WST Common Core 3.1.1.v200908102300-7B77FZ6F7RZHKDIwRlOwUN (org.eclipse.wst.common_core.feature.feature.group 3.1.1.v200908102300-7B77FZ6F7RZHKDIwRlOwUN)
To: org.eclipse.jem.util [2.0.201.v201001252130]
From: WST Common UI 3.1.1.v200908102300-7B5FRHDhdMOGnoekn4gtEJxSmPxV (org.eclipse.wst.common_ui.feature.feature.group 3.1.1.v200908102300-7B5FRHDhdMOGnoekn4gtEJxSmPxV)
To: org.eclipse.wst.common_core.feature.feature.group [3.1.1.v200908102300-7B77FZ6F7RZHKDIwRlOwUN]
From: HTML UI Source Editor 1.0.401.v200908111935 (org.eclipse.wst.html.ui 1.0.401.v200908111935)
To: bundle org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui [1.1.0,1.2.0)
From: Eclipse XML Editors and Tools 3.1.1.v200907161031-7H6FMbDxtkMs9OeLGF98LRhdPKeo (org.eclipse.wst.xml_ui.feature.feature.group 3.1.1.v200907161031-7H6FMbDxtkMs9OeLGF98LRhdPKeo)
To: org.eclipse.wst.common_ui.feature.feature.group [3.1.1.v200908102300-7B5FRHDhdMOGnoekn4gtEJxSmPxV]
From: Eclipse XML Editors and Tools 3.2.2.v201008170029-7H7AFUQDxumQGOpBqffOY2f1qxDZ (org.eclipse.wst.xml_ui.feature.feature.group 3.2.2.v201008170029-7H7AFUQDxumQGOpBqffOY2f1qxDZ)
To: org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui [1.2.2.v201008232126]

I get the error above. How can I solve this? Please help me

Thank you

~VK

How do you get the ID of the specific object/record that a button was clicked for?

Hi all,

Is it possible to create a custom button implementing the "Export Details" functionality in any page? To be in detail, in my Contact list view which lists contacts based on the Selected View (All Contacts, My Contacts, Recently Viewed..), is it possible to have a custom "Export" button which will export the selected contacts to local Excel file or other text file? Basically I just want to create a custom "Export" button to export the selected contact details to my local machine. Any suggestion would be of really a great help guys..!!

-Kayal

For trailhead challenge (https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/lightning_components/lightning_components_uiforce), I am using below code. I am not able to figure out whats wrong in below code. I am getting error saying "The component is not using the ui:inputText component"

<aura:component >       
    <aura:attribute name="fName" type="String" default="Jitendra"/>
    <aura:attribute name="lName" type="String" default="Zaa"/>
    <aura:attribute name="pNumber" type="String" default="201"/>
    <aura:attribute name="sal" type="String" default="Mr."/>

<ui:inputText label="First Name" value="{!v.fName}" />  
    <ui:inputText label="Last Name" value="{!v.lName}"  /> 
    <ui:inputText label="Phone Number" value="{!v.pNumber}"  />  

<ui:inputSelect multiple="false" label="Salutation" value="{!v.sal}" >
        <ui:inputSelectOption text="Dr." label="Dr." />
        <ui:inputSelectOption text="Mr." label="Mr."/>
        <ui:inputSelectOption text="Mrs." label="Mrs."/>
        <ui:inputSelectOption text="Ms." label="Ms."/>
	</ui:inputSelect> 
    <ui:button label="Submit"/>
</aura:component>

Hello friends,

I was searching for the provision to pass the dynamic parameter in file "process-conf.xml".

For example - Log file locations, Export data file etc.

I am planning to take the complete salesforce data backup wickly with the help of DataLoader and path should automatically change like "Date Name". Every export files should go in different folder organized by date name.

Hello friends,

I need your help in Test class writing for Controller extension.

I have written the test case for Controller extension. I have created all the Test data and suppliying the test record in constructor of controller extension.

I knew that in test class, nothing is inserted into database and we just get the ID of record.

When i try to fetch the test record in Test class itself it is working fine However when i try to use same query in Controller extension, no records are returned.

That means i am not able to use any test data in Controller extension.

Some code snap i am using :

static testMethod void testPaymentWizard_noApprovedAmount() {

PageReference paymentPage = Page.PaymentWizard;    

//Create temp User
        User testUser = UtilTest.getProgramUser();

//Create temp data		
        List<Opportunity> oppList = UtilTest.getProposal_PayWizard();
        insert oppList;

//Ensure that all 3 Opportunity inserted successfully
        System.assertNotEquals(oppList[0].Id, null);
        System.assertNotEquals(oppList[1].Id, null);
        System.assertNotEquals(oppList[2].Id, null);

System.assertNotEquals(oppList[2].RecordTypeID,null);

//Create temp data
        User pu = UtilTest.getProgramUser();

Test.setCurrentPage(paymentPage);       
        Test.startTest();
        System.runAs(pu)
        {
        	//set some dependent test data
        	UtilTest.setProposalStaff_PayWizard(oppList[0].Id,pu); 

ApexPages.StandardController sc = new ApexPages.StandardController(oppList[2]);	        	
            sc = new ApexPages.StandardController(oppList[2]);
            pc = new PaymentController(sc);

System.assertNotEquals(pc, null);

//In this method Test data created is not available
            Pagereference firstPage = pc.processSelected();
        }
        Test.stopTest();            
    }

Is something important i am missing here?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I have inline visualforce page with some AJAX operations. However it was not working with IE9, so i used "ShowHeader=True" in <apex:page>. This solved the AJAX problem with IE9. But this created a new issue.

In my Inline VF i have few input fields. So whenever the page is loaded it autoscroll'sto middle of the page where inline VF is present and auto focus to first input field. 

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I am using appExchange product "LooPlus" to merge all the attachments and create single attachment.

My Requirement is to automate the document creation using Apex. I am searching for any API or code sample to use the DDP but no luck.

It would be appreaciated if some one can help by providing the example code for this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Experts,

I am trying to parse the WSDL provided by the Hovvers (D&B) however it gives me the "Parser error".

I am able to access and execute the REST API, Is there anything can be done because i cannot modify the WSDL of Hoovers(D&B).

Error: Failed to parse wsdl: Unexpected element 'group' at: 3:50285.

Same question is asked at - http://developer.hoovers.com/forum/read/98182, however no luck on answer.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Friends,

I have one trigger to check the duplicasy of lead.

following  is the code snap which gives the error of TOO MANY SOQL.

if(lead.Email != null){

leadList = [Select l.LastName,l.id, l.FirstName, l.Email, l.Company From Lead l where l.Email=:lead.Email limit :Limits.getLimitQueryRows()];

if(!leadList.isEmpty()){

for(Lead singleLead:leadList){

if(lead.id != singleLead.id){//DO not compare with itself

lead.Email.adderror('duplicate lead exist with same email id : '+singleLead.Email+' and Lead name : '+singleLead.FirstName+' '+singleLead.LastName);

return ;

}

}

} 

} 

Can any body help me, that why this error is happening.

I am uploading record from dataloader nearlly 400 records.

Thanks,

Jitendra 

Hi,

Before one day everything was working fine.

But today i am getting strange problem in eclipse. I am not able to save anything to the sales force but i am able to synchronize with server,even i am able to use salesforce schema window.

If i change only one space in existing code, still it shows an error unable to save. IN short i am not able to change anything on server i can only read.

Please help to verify the problem. I am the system administrator in salesforce and therefore i have permission to use force IDE.

Hi,

Before one day everything was working fine.

But today i am getting strange problem in eclipse. I am not able to save anything to the sales force but i am able to synchronize with server,even i am able to use salesforce schema window.

If i change only one space in existing code, still it shows an error unable to save. IN short i am not able to change anything on server i can only read.

Please help to verify the problem. I am the system administrator in salesforce and therefore i have permission to use force IDE.

Hi,

I am sending the automaic Email to the users using Apex. I am able to send different emails to different user.
But i am not able to set the From field in the Apex Code.
Email is sent by the Trigger and trigger is activated by Workflow Rule.
It takes the name of last Logged in User by default to set the From field of the email.

Is there any Way to set the Name of default Workflow user or any other User?

Please suggest any solution or work around if you know.

Hi,

I need to write a piece of code which will get the List of Opportunity difrentiated by some criteria and want to email those records every weekends.

Its like Time Based coading.

I have read about time dependent Workflow triggers but it doesnt resolves my problem because it does not provide flexibility to write the Apex code.

I want to run the code once in every week.

Can anyone give some suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi,

I am writting the Apex select statement and query returns the rows more than 800.
I read article on large query result and used for loop. but when i test the code it fails to compile and if i didnt test the code, query is executed succesfully on Live.
it is neccessary to test the code , otherwise my testing percentage will go below 75%.

My source code is:
Code:
Integer counter = 0;
 for(List<Account> opp : [Select a.Id  From Account a]){
  counter++;
 }

when i write below code the error is resolved:
Code:
Integer counter = 0;
 for(List<Account> opp : [Select a.Id  From Account a limit 300]){
  counter++;
 }

My record may go above 2000 in future.

Can any body help me how to get rid off by this problem. :smileysad:

Thanks in advance!
Jitendra Zaa

Hi,

I have to change the Date type of field depending on the value of picklist selected.

I tried using the formula field , but the problem is that it is read only and it is not visible on edit or create new opportunity screen.
formula field is workin fine but it is invisible at the time of creating opportunity.

Can anybody tell how to write formula for picklist?
there is no formula editor for picklist type of field. :smileysad:

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jitendra zaa
I need to be able to display a component in a lightning console app with a button bound to the bottom  of the screen as the user scrolls. The button will bring the user back to the top of the record page upon clicking it. My code below works on a lightning application record  page, but not on the lightning console application record page.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to display this component on a console record page. 

ScrollToTopOfPage.cmp: 
<aura:component implements="force:appHostable,flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes,flexipage:availableForRecordHome" access="global">
    <aura:attribute name="title" type="string" default="Go to top" description="Tooltip text when the mouse moves over the element"/>
    <aura:attribute name="label" type="string" default="Go to top" description="Text to be displayed inside the button"/>
    <aura:attribute name="className" type="string" description="CSS class for element"/>
    <aura:attribute name="heightToShowButton" type="integer" default="100" description="Height after which button will be visible"/>
    <aura:attribute name="iconName" type="string" default="utility:jump_to_top" description="Lightning Design System name of the icon. Names are written in the format 'utility:down' where 'utility' is the category, and 'down' is the specific icon to be displayed."/>
    <aura:attribute name="iconPosition" type="string" default="right" description="Describes the position of the icon with respect to body. Options include left and right."/>

<aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.doInit}"/>

<lightning:button variant="brand" aura:id="scrollToTopBtn" class="{!'scrollToTopBtn hideBtn ' + v.className}"
                      iconName="{!v.iconName}" iconPosition="{!v.iconPosition}"
                      title="{!v.title}" label="{!v.label}" onclick="{!c.scrollToTop}"/>

ScrollToTopOfPageController.js:
({    
    doInit : function(component, event, helper){
       helper.bindScrollEvent(component, event);
    },

scrollToTop : function(component, event, helper) {
        window.scroll({
            top: 0, 
              behavior: 'smooth' 
        });
    }
})

ScrollToTopOfPageHelper: 
({
    bindScrollEvent : function(component, event) {
        var heightIndx = component.get("v.heightToShowButton");
        console.log("testing"); 
        window.onscroll = function() {
            console.log("scrolling"); 
            var btnCmp = component.find("scrollToTopBtn");
            if (document.body.scrollTop > heightIndx || document.documentElement.scrollTop > heightIndx) {
                $A.util.removeClass(btnCmp, 'hideBtn');
                console.log("if"); 
            } else {
                $A.util.addClass(btnCmp, 'hideBtn');
                console.log("else");
            }
        };
    }
})

ScrollToTopOfPage.css: 
.THIS.scrollToTopBtn {
  position: fixed;
  bottom: 20px;
  right: 30px;
  z-index: 99;
  font-size: 18px;
  border: none;
  outline: none;
  cursor: pointer;
  padding: 15px;
  border-radius: 4px;
}

.THIS.hideBtn{
    display : none;
}
ScrollToTopOfPage.design:
<design:component >
    <design:attribute name="title" default="Go to top" description="Tooltip text when the mouse moves over the element"/>
    <design:attribute name="label" default="Go to top" description="Text to be displayed inside the button"/>
    <design:attribute name="className" description="CSS class for element"/>
    <design:attribute name="iconName" default="utility:jump_to_top" description="Lightning Design System name of the icon. Names are written in the format 'utility:down' where 'utility' is the category, and 'down' is the specific icon to be displayed."/>
    <design:attribute name="iconPosition" default="right" description="Describes the position of the icon with respect to body. Options include left and right."/>
    <design:attribute name="heightToShowButton" default="100" description="Height after which button will be visible"/> 
</design:component>
Hi Guys,
I need your help that how can I create a custom button on list view to run the batch class.
Right now I go to developer console and click on Debug and click on Open Execute Anonymous Window and then I enter Database.executeBatch(new CreateOrderBatch(),1); and then execute it. When I execute it then it makes a API call.
Is there a way I can just click on the Custom Button on List View and it makes API calls instead of going Developer Console?

Thanks!
  • November 03, 2015
Hi Adminstrators and Developers,
Is there any way, to stop the auto email trigger to the user when the user is newly created? Please help.

-Kaity
  • November 03, 2015
Hi All,

Just wanted to understand the difference between when to use Continutaion Class and when to use @future  (callout = true) in case asynchronous invocation of WS.

In case of imported WSDL, can we call the sync stub class from a method using @future(callout == true) or we have to use asyncWSDLtoApex class passing the continuation object.

Can anyone please explain both the concepts with bit explanation.

Great Thanks
Somnath
I am trying to create a button on a custom object so when clicked, it updates a checkbox field on the object. I am not a developer so I am reaching out to the pros! 
Hi,

I am trying to develop S2S integration using canvas application. For that i followed http://www.jitendrazaa.com/blog/salesforce/salesforce-to-salesforce-integration-using-canvas/ In that he asked to develop a VF(in service provider) which will be called in identity provider. 

VF code is as below
<apex:page showHeader="false">

<script type="text/javascript" src="{!URLFOR($Resource.CanvasSDK,'SalesforceCanvasJavascriptSDK-master/js/canvas-all.js')}" />

<script type="text/javascript">

var sid="{!GETSESSIONID()}".substr(1,30) +'...';

function refreshSR(){
        	Sfdc.canvas.client.refreshSignedRequest(function(data){

if(data.status == 200){
                	var signedRequest = data.payload.response;
                    var part = signedRequest.split('.')[1];
                    var obj = JSON.parse(Sfdc.canvas.decode(part));
                    updateDisplay(obj) ;
                } 
            }); 
        }

function updateDisplay(obj){
    	setValue('spSessionId', sid);
        setValue('ipOAuth', obj.client.oauthToken.substr(1,30)+'...');
        setValue('ipUser', obj.context.user.fullName);
        setValue('ipOrg', obj.context.organization.name);
        setValue('ipRefresh', obj.client.refreshToken.substr(1,30)+'...');
    }

function setValue(eleId,val)
    {
       	var domEl = document.getElementById(eleId);
        if(domEl){
        	domEl.innerHTML = val;    
        }
    }

Sfdc.canvas.onReady(function(){
    	refreshSR();
    });

</script>

<b> <u> Service Provider Org </u></b>  
        I am Canvas App from Salesforce Domain <b> Jitendra.zaa5@gmail.com </b>      
        User : {!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName} 
        Org : {!$Organization.Name}
        Session Id : <span id="spSessionId"></span>    

<hr />

<b> <u> Identity Provider Org  - Current Org </u> </b>
        User : <span id="ipUser"></span>
         Org : <span id="ipOrg"></span>
         OAUth Token : <span id="ipOAuth"></span>
        Refresh Token : <span id="ipRefresh"></span>

My VF page showing without the session id and informations of identity provider as belowUser-added image
How to get those values. I Need some one help to resolve it. 

Thanks.
For trailhead challenge (https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/lightning_components/lightning_components_uiforce), I am using below code. I am not able to figure out whats wrong in below code. I am getting error saying "The component is not using the ui:inputText component"

<aura:component >       
    <aura:attribute name="fName" type="String" default="Jitendra"/>
    <aura:attribute name="lName" type="String" default="Zaa"/>
    <aura:attribute name="pNumber" type="String" default="201"/>
    <aura:attribute name="sal" type="String" default="Mr."/>

<ui:inputText label="First Name" value="{!v.fName}" />  
    <ui:inputText label="Last Name" value="{!v.lName}"  /> 
    <ui:inputText label="Phone Number" value="{!v.pNumber}"  />  

<ui:inputSelect multiple="false" label="Salutation" value="{!v.sal}" >
        <ui:inputSelectOption text="Dr." label="Dr." />
        <ui:inputSelectOption text="Mr." label="Mr."/>
        <ui:inputSelectOption text="Mrs." label="Mrs."/>
        <ui:inputSelectOption text="Ms." label="Ms."/>
	</ui:inputSelect> 
    <ui:button label="Submit"/>

I am new to Salesforce platform.  Not sure if it is possible to run CURL command on the Salesforce platform using APEX programming lanugage to retrieve external data source from another website such as ORCID ID from www.Orcid.org website.  Although I have successfully retrieved data from Salesforce object by running CURL command on my Windows 7 based computer.
If it is possible, can you please point me to information on how to run simple CURL command on the Salesforce platform.
Thanks
Does anyone know how I can set up my approvals so that users dont have to click the "submit for approval" ?
I have built a simple tab structure for the opportunity page.  I am using a custom field, it is not showing the name of the field before the picklist value.  Also I was wondering is there a way to have the save button act just like the standard save button that just shows that field not the box where I can add text of pick some thing. 

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" sidebar="false" showHeader="false">
<apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="tabdetails"
id="OpportunityTabPanel" tabClass="activeTab"
inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab">
      <apex:tab label="Onboarding"> 
          <apex:form >
               <center><apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" value="Save"/></center><br></br> <br></br>
                    <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.Growth_Enhancement_Track__c}"/>
          </apex:form>
     </apex:tab>
          <apex:tab label="Analysis">
           <apex:tab label="Follow-up">
  </apex:tabPanel>

This is what it looks like also after I hit save.

User-added image
This is what I would like it to look like after I hit save. Fields are just an example

User-added image

I have created a Custom visual force page with around 7 columns and I am trying to display that in the Dashboards but when I do that half of the page is not visible. Is there a way I can increase the width of the Dashboard layout to fit in my page or is there a way I fit in my VF page with 7 columns in the Dashboard layout?
Hello,

We need to update some values of our website ​​when we change a record in Salesforce.
I think this is possible with the 'workflow'... We need a PHP example of how to get this call...

Thanks in advance
using force.com standard rest api's we can achieve all the functionality then what is the need of custom web services?

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to run an insert using Data loader with command line interface. Below is my command:

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin>process.bat "C:\Program Files\Salesforce.com" accountInsert

• August 22, 2013

On the design canvas, I have 4 dropdown choice elements that do not show as required (e.g., no Red bar next to them, nor have I check any Required box in their definition).

But when the flow is run, all dropdown choice fields become required, with both a read bar to the left of the field and a clearly enforced required validation complaint if one tries to pretend they are options.

Any idea how I can avoid having all dropdown choice field being required?  I'm clearly missing something basic :smileyfrustrated:

I seem to be having an issue with the Encrypt or decrypt portion of the password process. From what i read on the return from command prompt, it knows the first two characters in my password and decrypts it properly ("Sh") but it seems to have a problem with something after this point??? Or i could be completely crazy...

Might anyone be able to shed some light? Did i encrypt wrong? Is it recquired to have a key file? If so, where am i supposed to place it?

Any help would be appreciated.

834 [main] FATAL com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner  - Unable to ru
n process UofUAccountExtractToCSV
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ParameterLoadExc
eption: Error loading parameter: sfdc.password of type: java.lang.String
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.jav
a:136)
a:74)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:226)
Caused by: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ParameterLoadException: Error loa
ding parameter: sfdc.password of type: java.lang.String
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.decryptProperty(Config.java:6
83)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.postLoad(Config.java:620)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.loadParameterOverrides(Config
.java:646)
a:94)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Sh"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.
java:48)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:447)
        at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:526)
        at java.lang.Integer.decode(Integer.java:919)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.security.EncryptionUtil.textToBytes(Encrypt
ionUtil.java:58)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.security.EncryptionUtil.decryptString(Encry
ptionUtil.java:194)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.decryptProperty(Config.java:6
68)

process-conf.xml looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>

<bean id="UofUAccountExtractToCSV"
          class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner"
          singleton="false">
      <description>Gets the UofU accounts with clients and exports to CSV"</description>
        <property name="name" value="UofUAccountExtractToCSV"/>
        <property name="configOverrideMap">
            <map>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="false"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="c:\Salesforce\DataLoader\Resources\Logs\SFDCdebug.log"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://login.salesforce.com"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.username" value="sfdcusername"/>
		<entry key="sfdc.password" value="value returned by encrypt.bat -e"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Client__c"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="SELECT c.LIS_Account_Name__c, c.Entity_Code__c,c.ClientID_Ext_Id__c, c.Phone_and_Extension__c, c.Secured_Fax__c, c.Comments__c,c.Street_Address__c, c.City__c, c.State__c, c.account__r.name from client__c c where c.account__r.recordtypeid ='012C0000000Q7lIIAS'"/>
                <entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>
                <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="c:\Salesforce\DataLoader\Resources\Mapping\UofUAccountExtractMap.sdl"/>
                <entry key="process.outputError" value="c:\Salesforce\DataLoader\Resources\Logs\LastOperationError.csv"/>
    		<entry key="dataAccess.writeUTF8" value="true"/>            
		<entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="c:\Salesforce\DataLoader\Resources\Data\UofUSFDCExtract.csv"/>
            </map>
        </property>
    </bean>
</beans>

I need to update my outlook configurations for users based uponm their geographic location (as per their user record) but can't see a way to get to this via API. If I can't i'll have to do this user by user :-(.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Paul

When someone takes the time/effort to repspond to your question, you should take the time/effort to either mark the question as "Solved", or post a Follow-Up with addtional information.  

That way people with a similar question can find the Solution without having to re-post the same question again and again. And the people who reply to your post know that the issue has been resolved and they can stop working on it.