• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there, I have a few questions about deploying the Apex classes and I'm hoping you'll be able to enlighten me.

I noticed that I can't test the code deployment when migrating from Development to Sandbox. The deployment tool in IDE does not check the code coverage when deploying from Dev to Sandbox. Is there a way to test deployment with code coverage test before the actual deployment to production? I know we can run the test classes independently but I would like to see how deployment with code coverage test would go before doing it in production.

In some of my test classes I had to reference an existing data created from a custom object. Dynamically adding the data via the test class will exceed the limit of 100 SOQL since the the application consists of different approvals and processes.

If my said test class has the hardcoded ID of an existing data on the sandbox environment, would I be able to deploy it to production or would the deployment tool look for that data in production?

Thanks in advance for the help.

• February 17, 2009

Hi there, I have a few questions about deploying the Apex classes and I'm hoping you'll be able to enlighten me.

I noticed that I can't test the code deployment when migrating from Development to Sandbox. The deployment tool in IDE does not check the code coverage when deploying from Dev to Sandbox. Is there a way to test deployment with code coverage test before the actual deployment to production? I know we can run the test classes independently but I would like to see how deployment with code coverage test would go before doing it in production.

In some of my test classes I had to reference an existing data created from a custom object. Dynamically adding the data via the test class will exceed the limit of 100 SOQL since the the application consists of different approvals and processes.

If my said test class has the hardcoded ID of an existing data on the sandbox environment, would I be able to deploy it to production or would the deployment tool look for that data in production?

Thanks in advance for the help.

• February 17, 2009