• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I need some help writing a complex formula to estimate Sales Gross Profit.  Logically, the formula will work like this:

If it is a new order on a new contract, the estimated Sales GP will be the Monthly Recurring Reveue (MRR) times the number of months of the contract times 10.5%

If is is a new order on an existing contract, the estimated Sales GP will by the MRR times the number of months left on the contract times 10.5%

If it is a contract renewal, the estimated sales GP wil be the MRR times the number of months on the contact times 30%, but this third result for renewals only is capped at $125K.

There is a picklist where the user selects the type of order (New order(new contract), New order (Existing Contract), Renewal)

The user will put in the number of months on the contract, and the number of months left on the contract where appropriate.

I've tried nested IF and also CASE statements, and it gets too complicated too fast.

Can someone help?

• February 01, 2011
Can someone give me a quick overview of what is required to pull Salesforce data into Sharepoint 2007 web parts? Specifically, we would like to pull a dashboard gauge, chart or table, or a report, into a Sharepoint web part that displays on a Sharepoint page.

Is there any software, library, toolkit or SDK required?

How is the call made to Salesforce? How is the authentication handled?

Thanks

Jay Brennan
  • September 04, 2008

I need some help writing a complex formula to estimate Sales Gross Profit.  Logically, the formula will work like this:

If it is a new order on a new contract, the estimated Sales GP will be the Monthly Recurring Reveue (MRR) times the number of months of the contract times 10.5%

If is is a new order on an existing contract, the estimated Sales GP will by the MRR times the number of months left on the contract times 10.5%

If it is a contract renewal, the estimated sales GP wil be the MRR times the number of months on the contact times 30%, but this third result for renewals only is capped at $125K.

There is a picklist where the user selects the type of order (New order(new contract), New order (Existing Contract), Renewal)

The user will put in the number of months on the contract, and the number of months left on the contract where appropriate.

I've tried nested IF and also CASE statements, and it gets too complicated too fast.

Can someone help?

• February 01, 2011