• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

Need some help again guys. We keep track of the Quotes we send out via a task where the user selects Quote Sent from the Subject field once they send a quote. What i need to record at the Account level is what date was the last quote sent. Any ideas??

Cheers

Golden
Hi all,

I am about to roll out a system upgrade through a 100+ user system. There will be some pretty intensive general user training to compliment the roll out. I was wondering if anyone knows of some examples of a Salesforce User Guide to ensure i captured everything i need to.

Examples will be appreciated!

Gold.
Ive heard a rumour doing the rounds that Print Anything will give us the ability to print to PDF. Anyone else heard this? Please tell me we already have the ability to do this! It will save us a lot of trouble.

If you know of a way to print to PDF via Print Anything, please let me me know.

Cheers

Golden!
Hi guys and gals,

Need some assistance on updating records & workflow.

Situation - Built a lot of workflow and rules that will display a colour traffic light on an account based on the value of a date field (if the date is approaching), a number field and last activity date. This all works well when the record is edited on a daily or weekly basis, but the problem lies around 'What happens if the record isnt edited for 3 or 4 months, or at all?'.

The ideal situation would be for each account record to get updated automatically once a week to trigger all the workflow which will display the correct traffic light colour.

Thanking you all in advance

Golden 
Hi guys,

I have been doing some research on adding a custom link on to the account page that will generate a Word mail merge Document based ONLY on the Account information. I havent come across any information on exactly how it can be done. I have re-developed our SFDC instance and this is one of the last steps and it is bugging me!!

I know Print Anything can be an option, but if the Mail Merge function is doable, it would be more beneficial as i have the document set up already.

Cheers!

Not sure if this can be done, but I will throw it out there to see if it is possible -

Workflow changes the record type when a checkbox is selected. The record type it has changed to can not be viewed by the user due to security reasons. So when the workflow kicks in, and the record type is changed, it currently goes to the white screen, I would ideally love it to re-direct to a different page, preferably one that I can customary display a message to the user.

Thoughts?

I am trying to build a button to overide the EDIT button on an opportunity, but i keep getting the error -

Error: Invalid field opportunity for SObject Opportunity

Below is the first 13 lines of code ive developed and it keeps pointing to the first line. Anyone know what i am doing wrong? Could it be about having record type's in place?

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" sidebar="false">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="Edit Opportunity" subtitle="{!opportunity.name}"/>
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="Edit Opportunity" id="thePageBlock" mode="edit">
            <apex:pageMessages />
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>               
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
            <apex:actionRegion >
                <apex:pageBlockSection title="Basic Information" columns="1">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.name}"/>
                    <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.ForecastCategoryName}"/>

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers guys
Hi all, need some help!

I am at the early stages of learning SFDC code and what the capabilities are and have a question. My problem is that i wish to change the account record type based on two fields within an Opportunity. So when these two fields  'Type' & 'stage' equal certain stages, then the Account Record Type is switched to 'Customer' upon saving that Opportunity.

What do you sggest is the best way to get this done?

First time poster, so expect more questions to come flying!!

Thanks!!

Golden

Hi all,

I have built a pretty cool little app where the user selects from a list of questions on a custom object called "CSI" what tasks they would like to add to the Account. The ones they have selected, the workflow creates a task for them. The questions are listed on a Custom Object called "CSI" and is a master-detail to the Account.

I need to have the ability to display a figure showing how many of these CSI tasks have been completed and how many havent. Obviously it cant be a roll-up or a cross object formula, so it needs to be a scontrol.

Any ideas guys??

Cheers in advance.

*Fleetman*

Hi All,

Need some help again guys. We keep track of the Quotes we send out via a task where the user selects Quote Sent from the Subject field once they send a quote. What i need to record at the Account level is what date was the last quote sent. Any ideas??

Cheers

Golden
Hi guys and gals,

Need some assistance on updating records & workflow.

Situation - Built a lot of workflow and rules that will display a colour traffic light on an account based on the value of a date field (if the date is approaching), a number field and last activity date. This all works well when the record is edited on a daily or weekly basis, but the problem lies around 'What happens if the record isnt edited for 3 or 4 months, or at all?'.

The ideal situation would be for each account record to get updated automatically once a week to trigger all the workflow which will display the correct traffic light colour.

Thanking you all in advance

Golden 
I am trying to build a button to overide the EDIT button on an opportunity, but i keep getting the error -

Error: Invalid field opportunity for SObject Opportunity

Below is the first 13 lines of code ive developed and it keeps pointing to the first line. Anyone know what i am doing wrong? Could it be about having record type's in place?

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" sidebar="false">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="Edit Opportunity" subtitle="{!opportunity.name}"/>
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="Edit Opportunity" id="thePageBlock" mode="edit">
            <apex:pageMessages />
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>               
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
            <apex:actionRegion >
                <apex:pageBlockSection title="Basic Information" columns="1">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.name}"/>
                    <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.ForecastCategoryName}"/>

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers guys