• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Anyone have any idea how to do set up a Recurring Tasks like application in Professional edition? 
So, I have a custom object that I need to pull a field into cases from, and make it read only.  (The lookup only looks up the indentification number, and we want the name of the account to display as well.)

It might be that I'm just slightly stupid this week, but I can't figure out how to do it.  I tried to build a cross-object-formula, but I can't. 

If there's anyone who can point me to some code, or a help page, that will help me build whatever I need to build to make this happen, that would be great.

I have three custom objects which contain various information that is linked to Contact and Case.  I have a lookup relationships in the Case and Contact, but I want it to prefill the information in Case based on the information in Contact.

For example:

In Contact, I have three custom objects that are linked by a look up which are Community, Corporate Entity and Location.   When I go create a case based on this contact, I want the information for Community, Corporate Entity and Location to automatically be brought over.

The big issue here is that I already have a junction object set up to connect Community and Corporate Entity.  I was thinking Cross Object Formula Fields, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work between Cases and Contacts.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Anyone have any idea how to do set up a Recurring Tasks like application in Professional edition? 
Are personal groups accessible under reports when creating a new report folder?  For example, a user creates a personal group and then wants to create a report folder and only give access to the personal group they setup?  Is this possible?  If so, how?

Thanks.
So, I have a custom object that I need to pull a field into cases from, and make it read only.  (The lookup only looks up the indentification number, and we want the name of the account to display as well.)

It might be that I'm just slightly stupid this week, but I can't figure out how to do it.  I tried to build a cross-object-formula, but I can't. 

If there's anyone who can point me to some code, or a help page, that will help me build whatever I need to build to make this happen, that would be great.

Hello everybody, I have a question.  Is it possible to mass insert salesforce content? I have 30,000 files that must be uploaded into the content object, is there any way to insert these without doing them one by one manually?  Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, this will take many months of incredibly tedious work if I can't come up with a solution. Thanks
  • September 30, 2008
Hi,

I'm toying around with something.  I've got two pick lists -- one that represents a day, and another that represents a small selection of times.

What I'd like to do is find a way to combine those two to fill out a third datetime field.  I think I'd need a trigger (instead of a workflow rule) in order to best do this.  But I'm not quite sure what would be the best way to go about this, especially as I come up to speed on the various Apex syntax.

Thanks,
Michael
I'm curious, what is the salary range for a CRM administrator who will do some custom application work (custom objects, maybe some s-controls) as well as importing contacts, deduping, creating users, etc.

Thanks,
Peter