• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey all, I am using Visual Studio 2008 and working in .NET 3.5.

I'm relatively new to programming, so I don't have a lot of background, but I am hoping someone can explain how to take the Values from the QueryResult object and get them into a datatable.

I've examined the sforce explorer, and the apex explorer(virtually identical), and they use some sort of XML serialization that I am not familar with.

Is there another way to fill the datatable with the object's values?

I will primarily be working with the Lead object.

Thanks,

IW

When I make a webservice call to QueryAll Tasks ("Select AccountID FROM Task") I get both the AccountID and the Account reference fields. Is there a way to not bring back the Account field?

TIA

J

I can successfully connect to and query data via the Excel connector. Now I am trying to pull archived data from Task and Event. Is it possible to QueryAll and not just Query via the connector?

Any suggestions onhow todo this?

\TIA

using the following code:

QueryResult qr = binding.query("Select t.AccountId, t.Account.AccountNumber from Task t");
SFDC.Enterprise.Task taskInfo = (SFDC.Enterprise.Task)qr.records[i];

how do I access the AccountNumber from within the task object?

I have tried taskInfo.Account.AccountNumber with no luck, AccountNumber does not eve appear as a valid property.

Any samples , examples or ideas?

Thanks
J

When I make a webservice call to QueryAll Tasks ("Select AccountID FROM Task") I get both the AccountID and the Account reference fields. Is there a way to not bring back the Account field?

TIA

J

Hey all, I am using Visual Studio 2008 and working in .NET 3.5.

I'm relatively new to programming, so I don't have a lot of background, but I am hoping someone can explain how to take the Values from the QueryResult object and get them into a datatable.

I've examined the sforce explorer, and the apex explorer(virtually identical), and they use some sort of XML serialization that I am not familar with.

Is there another way to fill the datatable with the object's values?

I will primarily be working with the Lead object.

Thanks,

IW

using the following code:

QueryResult qr = binding.query("Select t.AccountId, t.Account.AccountNumber from Task t");
SFDC.Enterprise.Task taskInfo = (SFDC.Enterprise.Task)qr.records[i];

how do I access the AccountNumber from within the task object?

I have tried taskInfo.Account.AccountNumber with no luck, AccountNumber does not eve appear as a valid property.

Any samples , examples or ideas?

Thanks
J