• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

The only versions that i can see are 3.2, 4.0, and 4.1 - if i choose any of those the Saleforce app crashes. when i click on it, it just pops up for a second and disappears...

Anyone else facing this problem?

I have a multi-currency enabled org. Using the VF outfield tag , we are displaying a currency on Sites - The default currency of the the guest user is set of EUR- but the pricelist that applies to this usecase is in  CHF (Swiss Franc) , So the price is displayed as in this format  "CHF 308.00 (EUR 308.00)" - 

Is there a way to hide the EUR portion of the price, and just display the price in CHF?

Note that, I do not want to use outputText as i want to take advantage of the currency formatting provided by outputField tag...

Thanks

Secure Connection Failed

somename.test.cs1.force.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:

*.force.com , *.secure.force.com , *.na0.force.com , *.na0.visual.force.com , *.na1.force.com , *.na1.visual.force.com , *.na2.force.com , *.na2.visual.force.com , *.na3.force.com , *.na3.visual.force.com , *.na4.force.com , *.na4.visual.force.com , *.na5.force.com , *.na5.visual.force.com , *.na6.force.com , *.na6.visual.force.com , *.na7.force.com , *.na7.visual.force.com , *.ap0.force.com , *.ap0.visual.force.com , *.eu0.force.com , *.eu0.visual.force.com , *.cs0.force.com , *.cs0.visual.force.com , *.cs1.force.com , *.cs1.visual.force.com , *.cs2.force.com , *.cs2.visual.force.com , *.cs3.force.com , *.cs3.visual.force.com , *.cs4.force.com , *.cs4.visual.force.com , *.na0.content.force.com , *.na1.content.force.com , *.na2.content.force.com , *.na3.content.force.com , *.na4.content.force.com , *.na5.content.force.com , *.na6.content.force.com , *.na7.content.force.com , *.ap0.content.force.com , *.eu0.content.force.com , *.cs0.content.force.com , *.cs1.content.force.com , *.cs2.content.force.com , *.cs3.content.force.com , *.cs4.content.force.com 

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

Or you can add an exception*

I got the above in the browser,any ideas?

I am trying to display the inlineHlpeText on a custome object in a VF page.

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem helpText="{!$ObjectType.CustomObject__c.Fields.Zip_Postal_Code__c.inlineHelpText}" >

<apex:outputLabel for="ZipCode" value="Zip/Postal Code " />

<apex:inputField id="ZipCode" value="{!content.Zip_Postal_Code__c}"/>

</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

The code above is not working, What am i missing ?

I also tried just placing the input field under the pageBlockSection directly, and it still wont display the '?' image with the pop.

Thanks

I noticed that once i enable the Customer Portal, if I edit a custom object to make available to the portal, the checkboxes under the portal profile do not update to reflect the read/write/create/delete rights.

But if i create a new custom object, and check "make available for portal" upon creation those checkboxes are updated.

Is this just a GUI glitch??. or does this mean that the only way to make a custom object available to the portal is at the time of it's creation ??

Message Edited by FadiShami on 02-02-2009 01:14 PM
Can we access products from customer portal ??

I have a scenario that i'd like to decide between a customer portal or a partenr portal to use with Sites.

I want a Customer/User to be able to register.

Create there own contact info (address, phone, email) and give them the ability to change it.

With a customer portal i can enable user registration but i have no i access to account or contacts.

Where as from a partner portal, i have access to contacts/account but I dont see a way to have them self register.

Any one solved this need before? or have a way around the above limitations ?

Thanks 

Invalid root component None found in view /apex/abc
any idea on what could cause such an error ?

Message Edited by FadiShami on 12-31-2008 08:57 AM

Message Edited by FadiShami on 12-31-2008 08:57 AM
Hello,

I need to enforce the selection of  "Assign using active assignment rules"  based on a selected Case status when the user is editing a case.

Any idea ?
Is there a way to not allow the creation of new comments on a closed case ??

I tried a trigger that adds an error, but it is not recognizing Comments as a field on the Case object !

What am i missing ?

Thanks
I have an S-Control that i need to embed in a detail view.
I tried adding it to a section, and marked that section to be viewable in edit mode, but it didn't work.

I am trying to avoid overriding the edit page with a custom visual force page !

Any ideas or suggestions ?

I have a multi-currency enabled org. Using the VF outfield tag , we are displaying a currency on Sites - The default currency of the the guest user is set of EUR- but the pricelist that applies to this usecase is in  CHF (Swiss Franc) , So the price is displayed as in this format  "CHF 308.00 (EUR 308.00)" - 

Is there a way to hide the EUR portion of the price, and just display the price in CHF?

Note that, I do not want to use outputText as i want to take advantage of the currency formatting provided by outputField tag...

Thanks

I have a customer portal which is self-registration enabled. Self-registration happens through Sites. I have setup SiteLogin and SiteRegistration apex classes with some minor changes. The user (and contact) gets created, but the "new user" email is never sent out, even though I am setting the triggerUserEmail option. Here's the code snippet:

//Async method, using @future, to create the User record and associate it to the previously created Contact
//This uses @future because you can not have mixed DML operations for standard objects (Account, Contact) and Setup objects(User)
@future static void createUser(String contactId, String userName, String firstName, String lastName, String email, String phone, String zip, String age, String nickName, String profileId) {

System.debug('nickname = ' + nickName + ' phone = ' + phone + ' zip = ' + zip + ' age = ' + age + ' contactid = ' + contactId + ' email = ' + email + ' firstName = ' + firstName + ' lastName = ' + lastName + ' userName = ' + userName + ' profileId = ' + profileId);

Database.DMLOptions dmo = new Database.DMLOptions();
        dmo.EmailHeader.triggerUserEmail = true;

User u1 = new User(contactId=contactId, username=userName, firstname=firstName,
            lastname=lastName, email=email, phone=phone, postalcode=zip, zip__c=zip, age_group__c=age,
            alias = nickName, profileid = profileId, emailencodingkey='UTF-8',
            languagelocalekey='en_US', localesidkey='en_US', timezonesidkey='America/Los_Angeles',
            isportalselfregistered=true
            );

u1.setOptions(dmo);
        insert u1;
    }

Again, the user and contact get created just fine, but the email with password is never sent. (The "reset password" email does get sent.) The email template does not use any merge variables.

Is there some other setting that I am missing? Is this a Sites issue or a Customer Portal Issue?

I am trying to display the inlineHlpeText on a custome object in a VF page.

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem helpText="{!$ObjectType.CustomObject__c.Fields.Zip_Postal_Code__c.inlineHelpText}" >

<apex:outputLabel for="ZipCode" value="Zip/Postal Code " />

<apex:inputField id="ZipCode" value="{!content.Zip_Postal_Code__c}"/>

</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

The code above is not working, What am i missing ?

I also tried just placing the input field under the pageBlockSection directly, and it still wont display the '?' image with the pop.

Thanks

I noticed that once i enable the Customer Portal, if I edit a custom object to make available to the portal, the checkboxes under the portal profile do not update to reflect the read/write/create/delete rights.

But if i create a new custom object, and check "make available for portal" upon creation those checkboxes are updated.

Is this just a GUI glitch??. or does this mean that the only way to make a custom object available to the portal is at the time of it's creation ??

Message Edited by FadiShami on 02-02-2009 01:14 PM

I have a scenario that i'd like to decide between a customer portal or a partenr portal to use with Sites.

I want a Customer/User to be able to register.

Create there own contact info (address, phone, email) and give them the ability to change it.

With a customer portal i can enable user registration but i have no i access to account or contacts.

Where as from a partner portal, i have access to contacts/account but I dont see a way to have them self register.

Any one solved this need before? or have a way around the above limitations ?

Thanks 

Is there a way to not allow the creation of new comments on a closed case ??

I tried a trigger that adds an error, but it is not recognizing Comments as a field on the Case object !

What am i missing ?

Thanks
Hello there,
I have a requirement where I need to encrypt/decrypt some data stored on the salesforce.com custom objects .. i.e., I need to encrypt some information, store them in a custom object, and then when needed , I need to query the encrypted information and decrypt it.

Does any force.com API allows me to do this ? or any other way I can achieve this encryption for my data ? I am currently using Flex toolkit for force.com for my project,

I would appreciate any response.

Thanks,
Arun B